• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting oxy with Tonsillitis

jakejake678

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelight, i have recently been diagnosed with tonsillitis, witch is a infection of the tonsils. i am in alot of pain i can barely swallow its that bad. i went to the doctor and he prescribed me anti-biotic, but unfortunately no pain killers. so i was thinking would i be good sniffing up some oxy? i dont have that much of a tolerance so i was thinking 15 mg. the only thing i was thinking that could go wrong is the drip, because my tonsils and throat are very sensitive and are in a lot of pain would that bother them? thanks.

^ i don't think using it orally is an option for the OP as he/she mentioned his throat is sensitive and hurts already, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use klonopin sublingually OP :D

Also, sometimes i use oxy sublingually, not everyone agrees with this method but i prefer it to snorting and it has a fast onset compared to oral.

( please don't take 30 mgs if you have no tolerance, that's a fairly high dose for someone without a tolerance, good chance you could get sick)

Its surprising,- but this works alot of the time. Its when you CALL yer MD and tell him what you wrote-(most) in your post.
He legally must give you approprite palliatiave (painkilling) care as your doctor.

Just don't ask for specifics. Just impress upon Him or whomever (Partner) the pain level and discommfort -High. I would be astonished if you call and they say NO! and let you suffer needlessly with a Legit, need.

Its surprising,- but this works alot of the time. Its when you CALL yer MD and tell him what you wrote-(most) in your post.
He legally must give you approprite palliatiave (painkilling) care as your doctor.

Just don't ask for specifics. Just impress upon Him or whomever (Partner) the pain level and discommfort -High. I would be astonished if you call and they say NO! and let you suffer needlessly with a Legit, need.

He legally doesn't have to do anything whatsoever.

This is very good advice...If not offered, I will call a few hours later & explain that I wasnt expecting pain
but none the less, "it turns out Im in alot more pain than when I left" (they) are usually very simpathetic...

I have chronic tonsillitis; in other words, I have tonsillitis nearly all of the time. I would have them taken out, and my ENT doctor has suggested it, but I'm deathly afraid of having my tonsils taken out at 23. I'm told that the pain can be unbearable for someone my age.

I have a tonsil swollen right now, and it hurts so bad, but it doesn't stop my from blowing dope or oxymorphone or whatever else. It usually goes a little something like this:

"I think this might be a bad idea..." *sniff* *5 minutes later* "... hey, now my tonsil doesn't hurt anymore!"

I have wicked strep throat right now (I know it's not tonsillitis but sore throat :p) and I just continued snorting oxy thru the whole thing alternating when my nostrils congested (from the virus), donno if it'd be the same deal with you, but if it were me, I'd still do it ;p
dmTed has a wicked oxy problem tho (250+mg/day) -.- only thing that'd stop me is..well, a coma I guess :p

I have chronic tonsillitis; in other words, I have tonsillitis nearly all of the time. I would have them taken out, and my ENT doctor has suggested it, but I'm deathly afraid of having my tonsils taken out at 23. I'm told that the pain can be unbearable for someone my age.

I have a tonsil swollen right now, and it hurts so bad, but it doesn't stop my from blowing dope or oxymorphone or whatever else. It usually goes a little something like this:

"I think this might be a bad idea..." *sniff* *5 minutes later* "... hey, now my tonsil doesn't hurt anymore!"

There is also a risk of increased bleeding and such with a tonsilectomy so late in your life. More risk of complications, I should say. My father told me his story once, he was 25 when the doc finally said he needed them out, went for the surgery, and he says when he came out of anesthesia he sat up and tried to talk, and the combined two actions caused his stitches to burst and he almost drowned in blood. That's kind of an old man story tho, dunno how much credibility it has but I've heard similar (but much less dramatic) stories.
And again, I'll snort oxy no matter what ails me, unless my nose is plugged.

just pop your pills, that's what they are made for....
That's a lot easier said than done man. My pain comes on so fast, and so severe, that I don't have a choice but to snort it for an onset fast enough to take care of my pain. The only other choice I have is shooting it up, and I wont to do that.

^What about plugging ?
Snorting can lead to nasty lung infections as you snort mostly fillers and oral bioavailability is higher