• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Snorting Heroin- Nodding Becomes More Intense a Couple Hours In

Snoke

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I've been experimenting with heroin and all opiates since early June, and since then I've used about 10-11 grams of heroin total, as well as a bunch of different opiate/opioid pills including hydrocodone, oxycodone, low dose morphine (didn't have access to much), hydromorphone, and oxymorphone. My ROA has always been oral or snorting with the pills and snorting with the heroin (I IVed once but I was being a bit too cautious and only put around 10mg-15mg in the syringe). Here's my question/discovery. I find that when snorting heroin, there is an initial rush even though everyone claims there is no rush from snorting. During this time I'm wide awake, very talkative, euphoric, and just love the world. After about an hour, this rush turns into a more mellow high, and during this time I'm very sleepy and nod out a lot. Sometimes there's also nodding during the rush phase, but that's only if I've taken a lot. During the mellow nodding phase, I also become much more nauseous and sometimes vomit. All in all, I find the rush much more pleasant than the nodding, but it's impossible to have one without the other. Has anyone else experienced this? F so, do you have any comments or things to add?

After around 1 hour, most of the heroin has been turned into morphine. Thats why.

I thought that it converts to morphine much sooner, like around 10 minutes.

No, it also doesn't convert to morphine directly - there are other intermediates aswell. This is what causes the craving when doing heroin imo.

Your description of insufflated (highly pure) heroin is spot on in my opinion. I liked it for the initial energetic phase... never liked the more sedating nodding part that comes afterwards too much. That is always when I would feel respiratory depression too... later on after the rush. I feel like the longer you use, the more difficult it becomes to get that magical energy at first. Please be a bit cautious as you don't seem to have mentioned much of a downside to it - that comes with more time if you are using heavily, so please be careful not to constantly use (easier said than done=D)

cool to hear from someone with similar brain chemistry! I don't think everyone gets the stimulation part... depends on your personality in my opinion. I used to experience highly consistent telepathy during the initial energetic phase... it was that magical to me. I sure miss the good stuff, everything seems to be fentanyl analogues these days. Send some of that magic this way (kidding, kidding... I'm recovering after 4 years of abuse)

Last edited:
In total agreement with the posts above me. Insufflated heroin tends to give me an almost energizing rush at first, and then it becomes very sedating and takes you to nod-land. Mellow is exactly how I'd describe the nod as well. I suppose you could add a light stim, like caffeine or if you feel safe doing so, maybe even adderall (would not recommend this without a decent heroin/opioid tolerance though). Otherwise, that's just what h really is. A nice rush and then mellow nodding for hours. If you're used to pharms like oxy, I don't think H really compares. The former has a very energetic high to me and it just takes really high doses to get a nod going (for me).

I always used to start drinking green tea like crazy when I hit the mellow phase and respiratory depression (until I developed a huge tolerance to respiratory depression). I liked heroin for the additional energy and pain relief to get me through the day... nodding is relaxing and all, but perhaps best left for the end of the day. As soon as I hit the mellow phase, I would not redose for a few hours until I felt more sober, or I would not get the energetic rush back and I felt like it was an OD risk not to ride the effects out.

I am very used to oxycodone as I am prescribed it. The feeling is completely different - even when insufflated. I feel like it has a very energetic high that drops off to withdrawal symptoms incredibly fast. The withdrawal symptoms are different as well in my experience - oxycodone being rougher around the edges and quicker to recover from, while heroin being more drawn out and causing extreme lasting depression, at least in my experience.

yes, snorting heroin does produce a rush although much, much weaker than the IV rush

The first 5-15 minutes after snorting a high dose, the respiratory depression feels much stronger and also i fell really weird, not in a good way tbh. Doing small lines with just 2 minute inbetween feels much smoother to me.