• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Halcion

^Are you saying triazolam would be a dopamine antagonist because as far as i know it's just a potent hypnotic benzo and nothing else.

i'm confused..

I am such an idiot I completely misread this therad and what OP was doing I thought he was snorting an antipsychotic I think I got this thread mixed up with another thread like I said I need a coffee lol but I still stand by my point that Motley Crue isr uining drugs for everyone

Fuck FUck Fuck Fuck FUCK fuck fuck I hate when i make stupid mistakes like that if only i was a moderator again and i could cover it up by deleting mine and your posts and then banning you so you couldnt tell anyone :D

Also by misread this thread I actually mean ddint really read it at all

lol

I got confused because it was you (Mr. Blonde) claiming triazolam is an antipsychotic (which it's not) because i know you got your shit together.

If it had been someone else i wouldn't had had any doubt of my knowledge. ;)

Ha ha I wish I had my shit together! I am extremely dysfunctional and not very well as leftwing can testify to that fact, but yes usually I do read the threads properly but yeah I got this mixed up with another thread I had replied to about anti-psychotics which is weird cause i think that thread has fallen off the face of OD but oh well

yeah take what everyone says with a grain of salt and use your own thinking and research don't trust me :D

Im not advocating anyone snort halcion, but ive been prescribed it for several months now and either sublingual or snorting it both seem to be better than when taken orally. I dont know what the bioavailability when snorted, but from what i remember i believe oral is about 40ish % and sublingual is around 50%.

I get 30x0.25 triazolam,they dont even make the brand name Halcion anymore you have to get the generic.For me its like a Xanax with an afterburner.The structural formula between Xanax andHalcion is almost identical except for a peptide that halcion has that makes it stronger.The Chemical makeup is almost identical also.I dont snort them but sometimes eat 2-3 a night and run low at the end of the month.I used to get perscribed 2x30 mg Restorils a night but they didnt work to good for me.2-0.25 Triazolam works everytime.But most prople I talk to never heard of them,I remember they used to come in 0.50mg but 2 incidents happened and it got lowered after that.I remember one guy blacked out and killed his mom and the defense used Halcion intoxication to why he did it.When I take them I am asleep in no time and although they have a very short half-life I take a 2 mg clonazepam and a soma before I go to bed so im sure thats why it works good.Doctors dont want to perscribe this drug but I got lucky.

so whats the conclusion? Is snorting halcion the best way to go? I have just been swallowing them or stick them under my tongue, should I try railing a few?I have 60 .25 mg halcion well generic triazolam hook me up with best way to take these lil blue bombs!

I've been prescribed & taking triazolam for about the last 6 - 9 months, with periods prior to that as well. I like in the US, and am about 220 lbs/100 kg (though I am not sure how large a factor body weight plays in dosing benzos, I am sure it is relative). I take it for insomnia, but I know by now that it will take 1-1.5 hrs for it to reach a peak/powerful enough effect for sleep, and that's only taking into account a smaller dose (0.5mg sublingual).

This brings me to my next point: I do notice it is more potent via the sublingual route as long as I allow it a full 15 minutes to dissolve without swallowing, talking, anything. I have tried it with the oral route and sublingual is also a few minutes faster for onset (15 - 20 minutes faster). It is an annoying property inherent to triazolam, that it is a better insomnia med than Xanax (my daytime anxiety/appetite stimulant med) but Xanax works twice as fast for me! A study documented increases in peak plasma concentration (max potency of drug) and total area under the curve (amount of medication present in body) without effects being lengthened (no change in elimination half life of drug).

Here's that study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3958225

I have never snorted it but was curious and got to this thread. I am not one to snort much of anything any more, too much sensitivity from previous misadventures, but it doesn;t burn sublingually so maybe it won't if I snort it.

But is there a point? I am not sure. The classical ideas related to benzos are that if they aren't soluble in water they are wasteful to snort (you might get a buzz from snorting Xanax or Valium but it would be short lived). Looking at some basic online resources I see it is soluble in water in a concentration somewhere in the range of 5 micrograms per milliliter to 20 micrograms per milliliter. In comparison alprazolam (Xanax) is 32 - 40 micrograms per milliliter.

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00897

But here is where things get interesting. Midazolam, espoused as a "water-soluble" benzo does not have very high solubility numbers, only about 10 - 24 micrograms per milligram. That is, at physiological pH of 7. However, if the pH of the solution is decreased via acidification, the solubility of midazolam changes because it is pH dependent. Solubility increases for midazolam with decreasing pH, and at pH 3 has a solubility of 10 - 20 milligrams per milliliter (thats about three orders of magnitude!) This is how they make injectable midazolam ampules for medical use; the pH in the vials is kept stabilised between pH 3 - 3.5.

http://www.pharminfotech.co.nz/manual/Formulation/mixtures/midazolam.html

Last edited: