• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking mxe - making dippers?

I've made cigs with jwh-018/073 dissolved in ethanol before, it was good but slow to evaporate..I think the best is acetone, it evaporates very fast... and almost everything will dissolve in that shit

Prepare the freebase using sodium carbonate [...]
I just put the stuff into my pipe and then (while being really careful not to let the temp rise TOO high)I smoke that shit! instant dissociation. tastes just like pcp too.
nonetheless an excellent post Limpet_Chicken, thank you! ;)

It is fantastic! but i wouldn't suggest rolling into a joint, or even making a dippy out of it. Seems like a lot of work just to waste a ton and pyrolize it too. Not that i dont smoke things i shoudn't... in fact i just smoked 60mgs in a joint w tobacco snuff to test that method and yes, im bzzed, but as you can see i am typing w/o much trouble(keep in mind my "u" key sticks. 60mgs vaped correctly or smoked should have floored me.

I've always smoked k as well, generally insuflate my dose then accentuate the peak by topping a bowl with more. I also smoked k for convenience; i can get a special type of twisted(not quite the same feeling as other roa's) headspace and fully recover in a half hour. Tho i'd like to add that k burns green and i take that as a sign that its not oh so great for me(not that i was under the illusion that ketamine smoke was some lung tonic), but c'mon. so i do keep it to a few times a year.

Smoking MXE seems to be much like ketamine as disassociative crack

Bump apparently... sorry. saw the date on another page i had open. well it's still a hell of a smoke...

Last edited:
I just put the stuff into my pipe and then (while being really careful not to let the temp rise TOO high)I smoke that shit!

Yeah I just smoke the stuff in my weed pipe - I let the flame hit it and everything. Maybe I'm losing material, but I get so high on such a small amount that I don't really care. I don't do it too often though because my lungs tend to ache slightly the next day.

Instant disassociation with MXE? Sounds fucking fantastic!

Oh it is.

The HCL version of MXE smokes just fine. I usually just put 50mg in a blunt...........it's usually enough for 2 people to get blown off of twice. I almost always have to put the blunt out halfway because I'm so dissociated. I'm pretty sure it is somewhat wasteful, as it seems like some of the product get's burnt up during........but it's still pretty damn fun. I couldn't imagine doing all of that work dissolving it in a solvent like wet PCP when it works just fine putting the HCL powder in a blunt or joint..........but I do agree that it would be pretty fucking cool. I've always been intrigued by getting to smoke true "Wet"......which I have never been able to find. Smoking it off foil does not sound very fun or tasty, and way more wasteful than just rolling it up. Have fun folks...........MXE is good no matter how you ingest it. It's pretty awesome walking thru the woods with a nice MXE blunt. Can't go wrong.......although you may get some strange looks from the smell it gives off. : }

It used to work and be pleasant, then a new batch came along and it's quite corrosive to tissue now. I filtered it cotton in the straw and the brown that filtered out in the new batch was gummy, like burnt rubber. All of this was being vaporized from a lightbulb with much expertise. I thought the PH must be acidic so I tested that. It was 6.25 which should of been fine. The new batch was from the same supplier, but his source may of changed. The original batch I received was a mixture of the tan/sand like texture and the clear granuals that have been reported. The corrosive second batch was the tan/sand like texture but had a different smell to it. Be very careful because the 2nd batch burned the lungs and throat for a week, producing a terrible, debilitating cough. These 2 batches still inject fine via IM with no burn and work the same with oral and rectal. The only change is when it's vaporized. Also the tolerance to this substance goes up quickly. In the beginning 20-40mg was enough. The last time I used it was 600mg IM and it only moderately worked. Waiting a month only brought the tolerance down by 100mg if that.

Indeed it is a different but similar effects profile when smokes, similar to 4 hour nitrous.

It used to work and be pleasant, then a new batch came along and it's quite corrosive to tissue now. I filtered it cotton in the straw and the brown that filtered out in the new batch was gummy, like burnt rubber. All of this was being vaporized from a lightbulb with much expertise. I thought the PH must be acidic so I tested that. It was 6.25 which should of been fine. The new batch was from the same supplier, but his source may of changed. The original batch I received was a mixture of the tan/sand like texture and the clear granuals that have been reported. The corrosive second batch was the tan/sand like texture but had a different smell to it. Be very careful because the 2nd batch burned the lungs and throat for a week, producing a terrible, debilitating cough. These 2 batches still inject fine via IM with no burn and work the same with oral and rectal. The only change is when it's vaporized. Also the tolerance to this substance goes up quickly. In the beginning 20-40mg was enough. The last time I used it was 600mg IM and it only moderately worked. Waiting a month only brought the tolerance down by 100mg if that.

Indeed it is a different but similar effects profile when smokes, similar to 4 hour nitrous.

this thread has given me alot to think about.
but it comes from a very simple assumption that I believe to be incorrect: HCl is used because it's safe and available. There are MANY more salts, I'm sure atleast a few of which are more soluable in saline (mucus)

I've burned citric acid in my bong before to see if it felt anything like the bad batches, but it didn't: inconclusive

questions:
is the freebase more caustic than the HCL? is it more caustic than hydrochloric acid?
is mxe HCL more stable to heat than MXE freebase?
which 'version' of mxe was first, which was 2nd and which was 3rd and
most importantly.

WHY.

if the freebase is more caustic and less stable than any salt, that could be the simple explaination: we know the freebase is an oil, so it would have to be crystalized somehow.

can't edit, and my tablet likes to crash and remove stuff I typed, and I type alot, so I try to do it in portions, so, that's why the doubleposting..

damn I had a huge fucking rant that had sooooo much detail.. another hour of my life. And, I'll type it again.

thistime in notepad on my desktop for crying out loud. 2x I lost atleast 2 pages.

I found a really good solvent, its pretty non toxic. Ok it takes a while to evap but a fan helps here its called Dihydrogen Monoxide.

this will only work with the salt of MXE though as its a polar solvent.

Not if you're intending to dip cigarettes in it.

For those that don't know, Dihydrogen Monoxide is simply water.

got a few updates:
yellow sandy version is certainly different than others.

applied 200mg to 2ml USP propelene glycol, Applied cetrifuge and then sonic agitator, maintaining 65C
did the same thing with Dh2o

after some time a layer of oil formed on top of the PG solution and a portion of the original salt in the test tube refused to go into PG solution(with 30ml @65C).

this oil was dark and barely more viscous than PG, ultimately becoming miscable with heat and oxidation.

what I have in front of me is 1ml h2o with 70mg of some salt ' tastes salty'
and 2.6 ml of Dark grey Propelene glycol solution.

the water mixture became slightly yellow, then darkened with oxidation and heat eventually delosving the entire sample after 30ml.

I'm still contemplating whether or not to continue with the PG solution. The water solution will be disposed of through the toilet if ya know what I mean.
could clean and transfer to anhydros etOh and evap
or IM. that route has always been pleasant.

Last edited:
vaporizing mxe feels waaaaay different than any other roa.
for the first half hour its more like a big dose of benzos. totally mellow and sedated. then it vanishes pretty quickly leaving no mxe-typical effects behind. i hardly get dissociated with vaping, and definitly cannot hole that way.

its nice for a stim comedown tho.

you aren't taking big enough hits.
I try to vape between 40-80mg of the 'yellow sand' at a time to get desired results. can be hard without a purpose built system like mine- 2.25 litre chamber with minimal liquid interface. 1 breath fills it, the next clears it. do your own lung capacity tests

I understand I'm losing a siginficant portion and that a portion isn't even vaporizable. but the part that is, does what I want.

you also must hold the hit in while not moving untill the blood has been sufficiently deoxygenated to start picking up the MXE more rapidly. I find that 55 seconds is a good length of time for me.. Simple ezymatic reactions point to rapid metabolism of the meo-oxo portion, which could be broken down into a number of o2 molecules actually oxygenating the blood while producing PCE.

I propose the freebase form of MXE is a competitive antioxidant

can anyone with some more knowledge than me say with more certainty what would happen to this molecule in freebase and HCL form if oxidation were to be introduced. what the birproducts would likely be...

I've also an update regarding my former experiment.

Seems that the salt that was water soluable was certainly orally active at 35mg. a difficult to distinguish, somewhat all visual dissociative buzz.
took 1/2 of the solution after some vape sessions and it was there.
did another 1/2 of the solution more recently and can say the effects are subtle but certainly active.

wouldn't it be funny tho, if some dark lab somewhere took GHB and MXE and thought, why not salt MXE with GHB and let them be a superprodrug.
2-meo-3-oxo-pce Hidroxybutrate

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse here, so sorry for resurrecting (maybe i'm jesus, or satan, could go either way, rly)
I smoked a dip about a week ago. I wouldn't call it a "Dipper", though. I smoked it the exact same way as a coco puff.
Step 1: Get cig, and twist it around to loosen up the tobacco;
Step 2: pour out your desired dose of mxe out onto a table, the finer it is the finer it works.
Step 3: put the filter in your mouth and just deeply inhale till it's all gone/keep inhaling and look up when the powder is gone so none is lost.
I smoked one right before groceryshopping at walmart, I'm sure it DOES waste a lot of it but I assure you it's WELL worth trying at the least. I personally love it.

Next time I get my hands on some mxe I'll have to try to take a solid vape hit and see where it takes me. I was smoking a lot of 3-ho-pce and it was definitely my preffered ROA. It was like dissociative crack!

Honestly vaping MXE works, but it's very messy and wastes quite a bit. You can tell quite a bit is getting burned and degraded into God knows what kinds of toxins, feels dirty as fuck.

Still, the occasional 10-15mg on a bong hit can be quite pleasant especially if you've already dosed. Hits very fast and has a more weird, confused, dissociated vibe to it. Similar to how I think PCP would feel, although I can't say as I haven't done it

Sorry to bump this from the grave, but I have some q's, particularly for LC/sekio/the people what actually learned chemistry in a school and not off cereal boxes. Is there a reason to prefer carbonates to hydroxides for the reduction to the base? Is there some way that a strong base could react with the methoxetamine? Secondly, my initial thought was that acetone would be a good solvent, cheap, available, certainly moreso than THF or diethyl ether to the hobbyist, volatile, can be dried easily with Epsom salts or similar... have I missed something here?
is the freebase more caustic than the HCL? is it more caustic than hydrochloric acid?
is mxe HCL more stable to heat than MXE freebase?
which 'version' of mxe was first, which was 2nd and which was 3rd and
most importantly.

WHY.
The base is... basic, surprise surprise, so yeah, more caustic than the salt, and no, not as caustic as HCl (a whiff of conc. hydrochloric acid will confirm that for you!). Yeah, the salt will be more stable, as well as more solid, less corrosive, less volatile, all round easier to store, move and use. As with all drugs, the freebase will be formed in a solution, and then "salted out" with an acid. Yeah, there are many potential acids one could use, to form many different salts, but unless there's a reason not to use hydrochloric (as there is with amphetamine, which is sold as the sulfate), hydrochloric is the go-to counterion of choice.

One reason to use carbonates is that they tend to level off at a lower PH... around 10 , instead of 12 like sodium hydroxide.

Protip: MXE freebase is an oil. Don't use acetone. Non-polar solvents should work much better.

Honestly I think it's best to use MXE as the salt. MXE freebase is just asking for trouble.

I've been experimenting with vaping diphenidine freebase lately and besides a bit of asthma, its fine. I don't feel any burning like AMT FB.

Polarity and non-polarity is a spectrum, sure, acetone is more polar than toluene, but it still dissolves base DMT/mescaline/other amines, I think it would work with MXE, which is, if I'm not mistaken, more polar than DMT. I understand that carbonates are less basic, my question was, why is this necessary? if there were esters or amides or lactones that might be cleaved, I'd get it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Why is the freebase more dangerous than the salt (the same freebase bonded to a totally inactive and irrelevant ion)? I'm not trying to shoot you down or be dismissive here, I am ignorant, and I hope you can help me identify the gaps in my understanding.