• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking causing headache?

S3TH5150

Greenlighter
Every time I smoke some crystal I get a head ache and it doesn't stop even after coming down from the high. Why might this be?

Because it's (likely) a vasoconstrictor that increases blood pressure and heart rate. And you likely don't get adequate hydration when high.

Because it's (likely) a vasoconstrictor that increases blood pressure and heart rate. And you likely don't get adequate hydration when high.

Also, when you get high on stimulants like crystal, or even a lot of caffeine your appetite is suppressed and you're not hungry and not eating, so your blood sugar is getting low and headaches also happen from this.

Would the above also apply if there is no headache during the high but only afterwards? Hydration isn't a problem but eating is somewhat, I've generally been able to start eating about 16 hours later. I didn't have this problem with oral and my sleep and eating was much worse.

I switched from oral to smoking two weeks ago and I haven't had a headache during the high but have a killer one after waking up from only being up for 24 hours and so far I'm 2 for 2 in testing this out. Any thoughts?

Nutrition or lack thereof, hydration, and lack of sleep can all be headache triggers. Try to be conscious of these things and take the proper measures to be at the correct levels and you may avoid the headaches. Also preemptively take advil or aleve, before smoking. If none of these steps work, it may be a certain cut that's in the glass..

- 7nos SS373dOH