• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Smart drugs for a 6 year old with ADHD?

Draven26

Bluelighter
If a 6 year old has ADHD.. can he take smart drugs like noopept, piracetam, aniracetam, vinpocetine.. stuff like that? His mother doesn't want to medicate him with amphetamines and even stuff like Ritalin.. so I just wanted to help her out and ask here to see what kind of supplements he can take to help with his ADHD. Thanks! A bunch of ideas would help me out I just wanted to know.. thanks guys and gals!

his mother has every reason NOT to give him shit like ritalin at that age
there is plenty off natural or herbal stuff for adhd doesnt always help but talking to a doc is the best bet

I took Piracetam as a 6 year old, given to me by my dad. It made me chill out and able focus and recognize things better.

This sort of stuff really grinds my gears.

A 6 year old with ADHD? Really? Are you even serious right now? Of course he's hyperactive and inattentive - HE'S FUCKING SIX. Children of that age are supposed to have wild imaginations and tons of energy. What do you think humans were designed to do? Sit at a desk doing math problems? No, they were designed to be running wild, testing the limits & boundaries of the physical and emotional spectrum of the human experience. And you want to give the kid unapproved, experimental 'nootropics' that were initially developed as a treatment for people with cognitive deficits that are 10 times his age?

What in the actual fuck is wrong with this (western) culture..

A 6 year old with ADHD? Really? Are you even serious right now? Of course he's hyperactive and inattentive - HE'S FUCKING SIX. Children of that age are supposed to have wild imaginations and tons of energy. What do you think humans were designed to do? Sit at a desk doing math problems? No, they were designed to be running wild, testing the limits & boundaries of the physical and emotional spectrum of the human experience. And you want to give the kid unapproved, experimental 'nootropics' that were initially developed as a treatment for people with cognitive deficits that are 10 times his age?

Adhd can be diagnosed at 6. In fact it's usually pretty obvious. Not saying he should be on meds but undiagnosed ADHD can lead to serious problems later in life.

DO NOT give medication to a 6 year old unless absolutely needed. ADHD DOES NOT need to be treated that young, thank god you're against stimulants though. Either way a child that young doesn't need chemicals for a problem that isn't really that big of a deal in the first place. It is natural to be inattentive and active especially as child, that is the youngest and freest age of a human, don't ruin that for him.

DO NOT give medication to a 6 year old unless absolutely needed. ADHD DOES NOT need to be treated that young, thank god you're against stimulants though. Either way a child that young doesn't need chemicals for a problem that isn't really that big of a deal in the first place. It is natural to be inattentive and active especially as child, that is the youngest and freest age of a human, don't ruin that for him.

Agree with both of you ! I was miss diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 5 and took every amphetamine and analog under the sun . Just to have a huge addiction to them at the age of 16 . I now believe that all the amphetamines at that age is what cause my huge addiction now to opiates . Age 27 now

Get professional advice and ask a doc. It's pretty risky medicating people esp a child. Plus you don't want to fuck around and have CPS taking the kid or something.

Damn I am not posting no more in this thread to many little kids in here . Guess they may be the ACTUAL ones with ADHD . Bye

Excuse me could I borrow some of your guys immaturity?

But really, this is one of the few times I'm going to have to agree with pinpoints opinion, minus all the pretentiousness. Six year olds are at a stage of development that's pretty unique and involves a lot of transgressing shit yo. Your trusting someone who is making money each time they see you and has not known your child for more than an hour at most. There's no rubric for you six year olds development and behavior because guess what, they're fucking six.

http://www.pbs.org/parents/childdevelopmenttracker/six/socialandemotionalgrowth.html

Excuse me could I borrow some of your guys immaturity?

But really, this is one of the few times I'm going to have to agree with pinpoints opinion, minus all the pretentiousness. Six year olds are at a stage of development that's pretty unique and involves a lot of transgressing shit yo. Your trusting someone who is making money each time they see you and has not known your child for more than an hour at most. There's no rubric for you six year olds development and behavior because guess what, they're fucking six.

http://www.pbs.org/parents/childdevelopmenttracker/six/socialandemotionalgrowth.html

I used amphetamines for 10+ years since I was a teen and my only regret was that I didn't use them earlier! It is an excellent medication, it is protective, a BandAid to the brain. Medicine. But like I said, if you're paranoid about dextroamphetamine, just use alternative, safer methods like alpha agonists.

I wouldn't be where I am without dexedrine, it is the best medication ever for ADHD. For me it has zero side effects, the come-up is good, the effects are good and the crash is lovely and relaxing. What more can you ask of life?

Thisthisthisthisthisthis

OP, I think the biggest take away from this thread is quite clearly to get medical advice from a doctor and not some randoms on the Internet. Get a second opinion if needed.

It kinda bums me out how judgemental this place has become lately, it's actually surprising how many members get shit on for simply voicing their opinion.
alot of people that come here as well are treated pretty disrespectfully, certain users will chime in just to ridicule the op and contribute nothing of value.
I guess I'm just starting to feel my age...

Anyway op, I agree wholeheartedly with the user that mentioned cps, they eat this kind of thing up, so tread very carefully.

I personally understand your concern and get where your coming from, but there is no way I would give my child any chemical that was associated in any way no matter how slight, with the grey market.
To be honest, anything that didn't come from a pharmacy.

Good luck, I wish you and your baby the best!

Cleaned up the thread. Can we not derail a thread with arguing when there's someone in need of advice? If someone posts abusive shit, report them and don't response in thread.

It's a fair question. If we're gonna be arguing the ethics of giving children medication to control their behavior, things might get a little too real.

Piracetam and other (nootropics?) are medically cleared in some countries, although this clearance is most likely for adults. If you have a fairly open, non-judgmental MD you could always broach the subject. I feel that any logical person would want to pursue the more subtle options before moving onto stimulants. If all else fails, I don't think there's any legal boundary preventing you from giving your kid a "nutritional supplement". You would need to be absolutely certain of its safety, which due to its classification is not possible. We know that certain substances that are relatively safe for adult consumption can have a negative impact on children, what do we know about Piracetam?

Children of that age are supposed to have wild imaginations and tons of energy. What do you think humans were designed to do? Sit at a desk doing math problems? No, they were designed to be running wild, testing the limits & boundaries of the physical and emotional spectrum of the human experience. And you want to give the kid unapproved, experimental 'nootropics' that were initially developed as a treatment for people with cognitive deficits that are 10 times his age?

*Round of applause*

i wouldn't like to try anything on a little kid until i'd exhausted all other alternatives as i'm not sure how true it is of ampthetamines stunting growth.. i have add and take dex now, i'm 34 though. sometimes i wonder how my life would have turned out if i'd had dex when i was at school, sad as i'd prob have done much better in life but happy cos, i'm where i am now and wouldn't change it for the world.

there should be some research on piracetam or noopept (noopept is a russian drug i think and had been used there for a while?)