• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

small doses of DXM daily for tolerance, safe?

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,
I'm currently taking 30-45mg DXM twice a day for Adderall/Benzo tolerance prevention. On the days that I take addy, I take 45mg DXM 1 hour before my addy dose. (Some people say that the actual tolerance is built during the comeup/peak).

I read that DXM acts as an SNRI in small doses, which makes me wonder if this will lead to some sort of mild dependency in the long run. Others say that its not addictive at all and actually support cognitive function. I also read many stories of people feeling messed up MONTHS after tripping on DXM, and other speculations about DXM causing brain lesion

So what I really wanna know if whether there's any risk of dependency, SNRI WD, or any kind of brain damage or impairment from small daly doses (60-90mg per day)? Also is it fully safe to take it 1 hour before a high Adderall dose?

Thank you very much

I can only offer my anecdotal experience. I've been taking DXM daily in doses of 15-60mg daily for opioid potentiation for about 2 years now. I suffer from chronic lumbar issues and an IBD.
I have not noticed any problems from the small dose of DXM but I do experience SSRI type withdrawal symptoms if I go longer than 24 hours without a dose.

With that said, I've come off of Rx SSRI's after years on a few occasions and the discontinuation syndrome was much more severe than I experience with DXM.

I don't like the thought of ingesting all that syrup or gel caps. I would much prefer a pure crystalline DXM product for daily use.

I'm not sure that DXM has any effect on benzo tolerance. I also take daily prescribed benzodiazepines and have not noticed a difference in effect. I could be wrong though...

Stimulants it absolutely potentiates