• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Small dose phenibut/5-htp and etizolam SAFE???

FonkEmonkE

Bluelighter
So I recently (few weeks ago) tried about 300mg phenibut and 100-120mg 5-htp several hours before bed and woke up feeling like I had the deepest/refreshing sleep ever. Also had some vivid dreams. My question is I'm currently prescribed adderall and taking 2-3mg etizolam a day. Would it be reasonably safe to stack 300mg phenibut, 100mg 5-htp and say 1-1.5 mg etizolam before bed? Thanks guys. Eti is good for getting to sleep and crushing anxiety but I want that deep REM sleep I got with phenibut and 5-htp!

From my understanding phenibut and benzodiazepines act on different gaba receptors but am not sure how much one may potentiate the other.

Last edited:
You are doing many things wrong which will lead to disaster:

Firstly, phenibut HCL is very acidic (ph=~2) AND I am assuming you have never taking college CHEM or BIO courses, so let me tell you - that is very bad and that alone will destroy your g.i. tract in a matter of days/weeks/months - leaving you with severe gastrointestinal disturbance. This aside, the neurotransmitter imbalance phenibut gives is unendurable.

Secondly, You should not be taking a benzodiazipine, etizolam, because after 2-8 weeks of use, you will have rewired your GABA system in your brain & body to need to taper at a level of ~10% of your dose per WEEK to avoid seizure and debilitating brain & body disturbances, and I know you are taking it ecause you need somithing to come down off adderrak .. which brings me to \/

Thirdly, you should not be taking adderall, because even if you actually had the disorder called "adhd", you are having such negative effects to the substance, as far as sleep goes. And your unwilingness to stop taking the adderall when such disturbances occur is called addiction. And this type of addiction- amhetamine addiction - will lead to psychosis, OCD, paranoia, symptoms of schizophrenia, comedowns, and mental illness- to go along with the loss of friends and relationships associated with all addictions.

As far as 5-htp, I have a hunch that if you take it every day for ~2-3 years, you will see a worsening of your symptoms - like with L-Dopa in parkinsons patients. But taking it once per week/month is pretty benign unless you get bad side effects from it, like me.

I am aware of potential side effects from etizolam. Will discuss with doctor safer alternatives if there is such a thing. I have always had sleep problems and anxiety which is why I have sought out a benzo (I realize its a thienobenzodiazepine?).This is mostly unrelated to adderall usage which is a more recent diagnosis. With that said if I truely do have ADD to call me an addict for treating it with amphetamine based drug containing some side effects (all drugs do) is a bit of a misguided assumption. Although you made quite a few assumptions in this post. Fact is you dont know my situation or history anymore than I know yours. I am however objective enough to see your point and as with any drug, therapy and addiction can walk a thin line.

The one mistake I have KNOWINGLY made is self medicating with etizolam for a long persisting GAD and insomnia disorder. I should be going through doctor and following a medically supervised plan. Anyone who has been through the mental health system can relate to why it can be hard to find a doctor you trust and are comfortable with.

As far as phenibut is concerned I find it a realitively useless substance aside from the one experience I had with sleep. It could very well have been placebo. I certainly didnt plan on using it frequently.

I would like to thank you for your response and input into my thread. While I did find parts of it a bit arrogant, condescending, and presumptuous that could very well be a misinterpretation on my part :). Cheers!

You are doing many things wrong which will lead to disaster:

Firstly, phenibut HCL is very acidic (ph=~2) AND I am assuming you have never taking college CHEM or BIO courses, so let me tell you - that is very bad and that alone will destroy your g.i. tract in a matter of days/weeks/months - leaving you with severe gastrointestinal disturbance. This aside, the neurotransmitter imbalance phenibut gives is unendurable.

Secondly, You should not be taking a benzodiazipine, etizolam, because after 2-8 weeks of use, you will have rewired your GABA system in your brain & body to need to taper at a level of ~10% of your dose per WEEK to avoid seizure and debilitating brain & body disturbances, and I know you are taking it ecause you need somithing to come down off adderrak .. which brings me to \/

Thirdly, you should not be taking adderall, because even if you actually had the disorder called "adhd", you are having such negative effects to the substance, as far as sleep goes. And your unwilingness to stop taking the adderall when such disturbances occur is called addiction. And this type of addiction- amhetamine addiction - will lead to psychosis, OCD, paranoia, symptoms of schizophrenia, comedowns, and mental illness- to go along with the loss of friends and relationships associated with all addictions.

As far as 5-htp, I have a hunch that if you take it every day for ~2-3 years, you will see a worsening of your symptoms - like with L-Dopa in parkinsons patients. But taking it once per week/month is pretty benign unless you get bad side effects from it, like me.

What the shit dude? This is a site for dope heads, I don't think anyone here SHOULD be taking most of the shit we take, but we do anyway. And really man, just because phenibut is rough on your stomach doesn't mean it is on everyones. Personally, ive never had an issue with it.

As to your question, op, you wont od or anything like that, if that's what your asking. However, whenever I would sleep with eitz, I would sleep pretty well for about 4 hours, then wake back up and not be able to fall asleep, and that was with phenibut.

I don't fuck with phenibut-sedative combos ever since phenibut+mirtazapine caused such intense sedation that I passed out and threw up a bit. I was ok but it was scary, mirtazapine has nothing to do with gaba receptors though, its just a sedating antidepressant that according to wiki, is sedative due to it being a histamine antagonist. I was taking MUCH higher doses of phenibut too, more like 2 or 3 grams. It seems reasonably safe in very low doses, but idk if 1mg etiz qualifies as a very low dose for you. If you're going to try this combo, have someone around to be extra safe. I like etizolam a lot, but I try not to take it daily, or even on consecutive days unless I really need to (adderall user here too btw, I love it before bed on addy days). I used to abuse the shit out of it but somehow never went through wds, I was very lucky but also, not using daily really helped I think. I can still use relatively frequently w no issues but YMMV, I'm probably in the minority here. I seem to have a perma-tolerace to clonazepam/probably clonazolam too) but my etizolam tolerance has never actually risen that much, I just took way too many all the time. I may actually try that combo minus 5htp (not helpful for sleep for me) using your dosages if other people chime in and report that it's safe. I disagree that phenibut is useless, I liked it in very high doses, but I do agree that it should not be taken frequently. I'll be giving it another shot soon to see how effective it is as a muscle relaxant, as I've recently found those to be very effective for my pain. Phenibut is supposedly even more physically addictive than benzos, so watch out. I never liked it enough to get into trouble with it, but it was pleasant. Deep sleep, I need that. Badly. Many people do find 5htp to be effective for sleep and 300mg phenibut may be low but it isn't nothing, doubt it was pure placebo. I really like 5htp too, but I find it slightly stimulating. I found it very helpful when in PAWS from opiates so its not for nothing.

Major potential problem I see here: compulsive redosing. Etiz used to do that so bad for me, phenibut too I guess, but I think I just liked the higher doses. If you can get someone to hide your stash, you should be ok there. Basically my advice is to get a "trip sitter" (my live in bf is mine lol) if you're going to try it. The thing I dislike about phenibut is that its unpredictable, both in onset and strength of effects, but maybe at 300mg this isn't so much of an issue. Good luck, if you do end up trying this combo, please let us know! I feel like that could be a pain relief dream for me :)

Edit: just to clarify, I think 300mg phenibut+1mg etiz would be safe physically. Its just blackouts that I'd worry about. Had more than my fair share of them with etiz and clonazolam. C-lam blackouts are kind of hilarious in the right setting (i have some stories to tell) but blacking out on etiz because apparently I did nothing too weird, just sat there popping the sweet pink ones like literal candy. They tasted sugary and I was already fucked up so I ate them like smarties (the candy). Like I said though, I did this mostly around my bf, so he made sure I was alright. I don't recommend experimenting with gaba drug combos alone. And frequency is the absolute key here. I don't get all the hate for gaba drugs, people simply misuse them (myself included, obviously. not so much anymore though). You can get super fucked up on high doses and end up fuck knows where, or you can learn to appreciate the subtle intoxication, sedation, and comfort. They're really not that recreational, just...pleasant, with potential for the occasional medicative use if you need it.

Sorry for the length of this post and potential typos (tired and on etiz as we speak), hopefully it helps you in some way! If I do end up trying it out, I'll be writing a TR. Might take a while, but check it out if interested :)

Last edited:
What the shit dude?

This is a harm reduction site. I am a 5th year pre-med major & psych minor student. The PhenibutHCL being rough on your stomache is fact, it is ph~2.
As to OPs second post - I stand by the first fully and need say nothing more. But, I will say, the phenibut was not a placebo it is an active drug effect.

This is a harm reduction site. I am a 5th year pre-med major & psych minor student. The PhenibutHCL being rough on your stomache is fact, it is ph~2.
As to OPs second post - I stand by the first fully and need say nothing more. But, I will say, the phenibut was not a placebo it is an active drug effect.

If you need say nothing more you wouldn't have. I really don't care what major or minor you have and I didn't ask you to diagnose me, aside from the fact you aren't qualified to do so. I asked for simple drug interaction information because this is indeed "harm reduction". Based on reading your previous post I see you have made such statements as "98% of all amphetamine prescription holders abuse their medication". Interesting. Now maybe I AM one of those "98%" but that is completely irrelevant to this thread. You clearly are much more educated and intelligent than the rest of us so to continue this dialogue would largely be a waste of your time. Surely a 5th year pre-med student has better things to do than banter on bluelight? One thing I do know. When someone thinks they are smarter than you, let them.��

Thank you to electric and morphine for ACTUALLY answering my question and providing relevant experience. I would very much like to read your trip report. I am going to send you a friend request so you can PM me when it's done!

Yeah harm reduction in terms of preventing overdoses. People on here talk about jamming needles into their arms and shooting speedballs and smoking crack. You going to comment on their threads about how its dangerous and they shouldn't do it? Because that shit is a hell of a lot more dangerous than what this guy is talking about. What this guy is talking about is fucking benign compared to some of the shit you read on here.

Yeah harm reduction in terms of preventing overdoses. People on here talk about jamming needles into their arms and shooting speedballs and smoking crack. You going to comment on their threads about how its dangerous and they shouldn't do it? Because that shit is a hell of a lot more dangerous than what this guy is talking about. What this guy is talking about is fucking benign compared to some of the shit you read on here.

I think it's funny you should mention this. Just to make one last point of the hypocrisy I want to share a recent post of his to a member who was supposedly SUICIDLE. While I doubt the validity of this suicide it's besides the point.

"You wanna kill yourself cause your dopamine levels are low and you;ve made this thread for attention- that being said take either of the following for a 3 hour complete 180: a) gram of ketamine snorted 50mg at a time every 25 minutes. b) take 3+ grams of shrooms c) Take 10 hits of REAL acid. OPTION A is the easiest. ALSO IF YOU do none of these, just wait a week and you will have a diferent headspace. If you are on your absolute worst and have nothing else you can do - reach for opiate."

So in all his harm reduction and 5th year pre-med education his best suggestion was taking one of three illicit drugs? Shit I hope when (if?) he graduates I get him for my doctor. Maybe he can prescribe some ketamine for my depression.

The problem with bluelight, and internet forums in general, is they skew to the lower level of intelligence and they give people an equal voice- leaving intelligent and factual commenters, like me, on equal footing to be disrespected by ignoramuses like yourself - like you just did. So you can take your giant ego into whatever abyss you are headed.

And this is the last convo you two will get out of me: telling someone who is suicidal to medicate in an extreme internationalist manner is HR.

You, like every whiny addict, are just mad I stepped on your blue suede shoes (aka your drug addiction).

I'm not gonna get into every little false thing you mentioned (90% false)

Last edited:
All I can do is laugh at this point Mike =D. Glad you are here to set all us addicts straight. It's a public forum so we will let anyone who stops by come to their own conclusions. I like how a direct quote from you is "90%" false. Hell, you talk about ego and can't even see the irony in your last post. Well no hard feelings bud and thanks for the heads up. Now we won't anxiously be waiting for your response.

The problem with bluelight, and internet forums in general, is they skew to the lower level of intelligence and they give people an equal voice- leaving intelligent and factual commenters, like me, on equal footing to be disrespected by ignoramuses like yourself - like you just did. So you can take your giant ego into whatever abyss you are headed.

And this is the last convo you two will get out of me: telling someone who is suicidal to medicate in an extreme internationalist manner is HR.

You, like every whiny addict, are just mad I stepped on your blue suede shoes (aka your drug addiction).

I'm not gonna get into every little false thing you mentioned (90% false)

Aahhahah, man you are a complete jackass! I mean what a pretentious fucking snob. Are you honestly suggesting to someone who is potentially suicidal to take K, acid or mushrooms in an uncontrolled setting? There isn't a psychologist out there who would recommend that. I hope to God you never, EVER get a license to practice psychology. By the way, your last post just absolutely reeks of you trying your little heart out to use big words and sound intelligent. You know damn well you wouldn't talk like that normally, you're just butt-hurt because you've been called out on what an arrogant little dip shit you are. Take your ass to some mamby pamby nootropic site.

dude, I can not express myself completely because I just switched from heroin to subutex a couple days ago But everything I have written is true and pretty much what I wanted to say.

The fact that you just told us we wouldn't hear from you again and immediately come back with a comment says more than anyone needs to. Since you blessed me with your views on my addiction allow me to return the favor and bestow a little wisdom on you. Lose the arrogant egotistical attitude, gain a bit of humility, and just for good measure sprinkle in a tiny bit of compassion for others and you may not wander life empty and alone. Pride comes before the fall my friend. or do you prefer Doctor?

dude, I can not express myself completely because I just switched from heroin to subutex a couple days ago But everything I have written is true and pretty much what I wanted to say.

I stand corrected, maybe you can show some humility. The fact you can admit you are coming off heroin puts things in a bit better perspective and believe it or not gives me some respect for you. This thread was never intended to be a flaming war Mike and while I can not relate to what you are going through in terms of opiate addiction I do wish you the best in your recovery.

So I guess you're a "whiny addict" too, huh?

What the shit dude? This is a site for dope heads, I don't think anyone here SHOULD be taking most of the shit we take, but we do anyway. And really man, just because phenibut is rough on your stomach doesn't mean it is on everyones. Personally, ive never had an issue with it.

As to your question, op, you wont od or anything like that, if that's what your asking. However, whenever I would sleep with eitz, I would sleep pretty well for about 4 hours, then wake back up and not be able to fall asleep, and that was with phenibut.

It's an HR forum.