• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Slight Discomfort In Right Side

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
At times, I notice a very minor pain in my upper right quadrant of my abdomen. It's not bad or anything at all, in the area of my ribcage. Not really particularly tender or anything and very minor. It was there a couple months ago, went away completely after 2-3 weeks. Was gone for a good while, then came back a couple weeks ago on and off. Again, it's very minor and kind of a crampy sort of pain. No other symptoms whatsoever. While I know that no one would really know, does this sound like something to be particularly worried about? It's very minor and the last time I was at the doctor, I forgot to even mention it as I had just forgotten about it. A while back, I had similar symptoms that seemed more concerning to me at the time as the pain seemed more significant and the doctor just said I had something called gastritis and told me to take antacids.

Do you drink?
Yes. It kind of bothered me a bit this morning after I drank a lot last night, not really in the ribcage area so much as in my stomach kind of like what happened before when the doc was saying I had gastritis. So, I'm going to stop drinking for a while.

Yeah I'd cut down on the booze. I've got bad gastritis before from drinking and it ain't fun.

Could be liver, gallbladder or stomach related. Hard to say. Of it's a colicky pain that comes and goes, that might indicate a gallbladder issue. But you'd need blood work to figure that one out. I'd cut down on the drinking for sure, in the mean time.