• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Sleepwalker Shots

Gage'sMorbidMommy

Greenlighter
Hi! I'm new here so I don't even know if this is in the right spot. I've been heavy into the sleepwalker shots you can get at gas stations for about 6 months now. I'm talking like 3 a day. I'm wanting to stop them though for expense reasons. Does anyone know if you can have withdrawals from them or not and if so how severe? I've went through opiate withdrawals. I pray it's nothing like those. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there, this is the wrong section and I will move it to Other Drugs. However I have a ton of experience with phenibut, which is the main component of Sleepwalkers. Unfortunately yes, phenibut causes withdrawals, in some ways worse than opiate withdrawals (longer-lasting, more anxiety, and depending on how strongly addicted you are, the potential for seizures). There are a lot of people in Other Drugs with phenibut withdrawal experience. I have withdrawn from it a couple of times. My suggest to you is to taper. Start taking less of them daily first, don't go cold-turkey. If you can get your hands on some gabapentin, you can use them to jump off once you get your dose lower. Gabapentin shares a mechanism of action with phenibut, and will block the withdrawals almost totally, but is also addictive so you would want to take it sparingly. Here is my recommendation for you:
  • Drop down to 1 per day. You may need to drop to 2 per day for a bit and stabilize on that, but try 1 per day right off the bat and see how you feel.
  • Once you're at 1 per day, try dropping to 1/2 per day. These drops might take a little bit, wait a week between each time you lower the dose to make sure you feel stabilized on the new dose. Dropping too soon will make the taper very difficult to stick to.
  • Once your dose is low, try skipping a day, so you're taking it every other day. If you have gabapentin, this would be the time to take some on the off days. Gabapentin is weird to dose so if/when you get to this point, please reach out or read some of the gabapentin threads for info on how to dose it properly. If you do have gabapentin, you could actually take gabapentin 2 days in a row and then phenibut/sleepwalker again, and it will rapidly drop your tolerance. Do that a couple of times and then just stop taking anything. You'll probably feel more anxious/lethargic than usual and have trouble sleeping for a bit after that but it won't be bad. If you stop cold turkey right now it will probably be bad.
  • The very first thing you should do is not take any one day and see how you feel. There is a slight chance you'll be fine, as some people I know have taken phenibut daily for long periods of time and not had withdrawals, but most people develop fairly serious withdrawals with 6 months of daily use (and your use is pretty heavy).
Another thing is that you can get phenibut in bulk powder for MUCH, much cheaper if you order it online. We can't talk about where, but that would save you a lot of money, as sleepwalkers are just phenibut and caffeine, made into a branded product and marked up massively. Also bulk powder phenibut would be easier to dose if you're tapering.

Welcome to Bluelight, glad you posted this, you can do this but you are likely in for a battle.

Thank you so so so much for your detailed reply!!! I was afraid of this. I have a very addictive personality and actually started drinking these to combat oxycodone withdrawal. They helped tremendously but it appears I'm back in the same boat! Uggghhh!!!

How in the bleeping fuck is this Sleepwalker Shot legal given the Analogue Law and the fact that Phenibut is a gabapentinoid?

How in the bleeping fuck is this Sleepwalker Shot legal given the Analogue Law and the fact that Phenibut is a gabapentinoid?
I've wondered the same myself. You can buy them at any gas station here in Alabama and they don't ever ID you. Makes me nervous for those who don't know any better (I myself knew better, that's why I'm here lol).

I've wondered the same myself. You can buy them at any gas station here in Alabama and they don't ever ID you. Makes me nervous for those who don't know any better (I myself knew better, that's why I'm here lol).
What is the Analogue Law if you don't mind me asking?........ I guess I could Google it though aye?

The Analogue Act only applies to Schedule I&II Controlled Substances.

Since no gabapentinoid is schedule I or II (heck, to my Knowledge the only one that's actually scheduled is pregabalin - and it's schedule V), the Analogue Act has no bearing on it.

What is the Analogue Law if you don't mind me asking?........ I guess I could Google it though aye?

Basically, any analogue of a Schedule I or II substance that is sold for "Human Consumption" is automatically considered a "Controlled Substance" too, as long as their effects are "substantially similar".

So for example alpha-Ethyl-Tryptamine ("AET") was not found to be covered by the Analogue Act back in 1992, since the structural relationship is not quite as close as the one between DMT and DET, and its effects are first and foremost empathogenic, whereas DMT and DET are straight hallucinogens (note: today, AET is in fact scheduled, and if it wasn't, the Analogue Act would indeed apply, due to its closest analogue - AMT - being scheduled).

In other cases (ex.: various fentanyl analogues), the situation is more clear-cut.

Basically, any analogue of a Schedule I or II substance that is sold for "Human Consumption" is automatically considered a "Controlled Substance" too, as long as their effects are "substantially similar".

So for example alpha-Ethyl-Tryptamine ("AET") was not found to be covered by the Analogue Act back in 1992, since the structural relationship is not quite as close as the one between DMT and DET, and its effects are first and foremost empathogenic, whereas DMT and DET are straight hallucinogens (note: today, AET is in fact scheduled, and if it wasn't, the Analogue Act would indeed apply, due to its closest analogue - AMT - being scheduled).

In other cases (ex.: various fentanyl analogues), the situation is more clear-cut.
That was a very interesting read! Thank you! I'm going to get into reading the drug thread in here soon. There's so much I thought I knew but damn I'm learning so much more on here!

Glad you're learning. :) That's what we're all about here.

Phenibut is fully legal in the US, available in various supplements sold in stores and also online as a bulk powder.

Phenibut is fully legal in the US, available in various supplements sold in stores and also online as a bulk powder.

Mh I see so they can legally sell that for human consumption, as it has been approved to be a supplement.
Which means they cannot directly tell you what it does to you, and there are many ingredients in the drink noone can say that they are claiming it's the Phenibut directly doing that.
Wonder how you can get a gabapentinoid approved as supplement though.

I think it's more than it hasn't been unapproved. I think it's flown under the radar, like GHB used to (used to be sold as a bodybuilding supplement until abuse of it became headline news), I'm surprised it has for so long actually, I've been using it for 14 years on and off. You can pretty much sell anything as a supplement as long as you include the statement that it's not approved to treat or cure any condition by the FDA, or whatever the wording is.

Probably it is just due to phenibut being more benign in overdose than other once legal supplements and research chemicals?

that is super sketchy though, they ought not do that and ruin things for people, jeeze louise.

Has anyone here experienced withdrawal from phenibut? Can someone give me an idea of what to expect? I couldn't get any Gabapentin so I'm going to try the taper method but i know withdrawals will be inevitable. I just hate going into situations blind. Any shared info and shared experiences would be so greatly appreciated y'all!?

Are you ruling out getting phenibut powder from a supplement site?

I understand, you mentioned you can't get Gabapentin, so I thought if you're trying to get that, why not get the Phenibut and taper.
Seeing as you can't quit cold turkey and need to taper.

I understand, you mentioned you can't get Gabapentin, so I thought if you're trying to get that, why not get the Phenibut and taper.
Seeing as you can't quit cold turkey and need to taper.
You are probably right on that, it's probably way less expensive to.......

Has anyone here experienced withdrawal from phenibut? Can someone give me an idea of what to expect? I couldn't get any Gabapentin so I'm going to try the taper method but i know withdrawals will be inevitable. I just hate going into situations blind. Any shared info and shared experiences would be so greatly appreciated y'all!?
Yes I've had extreme acute withdrawal from it actually.