• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sleeping on Methadone?

Definitely feel a decent buzz after I ate and chewed 10mgs at once, I could forsure handle another 5mgs though. I just wish I could distinguish whether its 15 mgs technically in my system or it cleared from yesterday and it's only 10mgs so I know for next time. But regardless Im going to wait a couple days before taking more to make sure I get no withdrawals. I feel 20mgs is my dose though. Guess my tolerance never went down like I thought. Overall its a decent opiate buzz nothing big. A little more would probably get me on my level. So now Im just focusing on not getting withdrawals, 2 days shouldn't put me through anything correct? Thanks for everyone helping me through all this, greatly appreciate it.

You shouldn't get withdrawals after just 2 days of use (assuming you haven't used other opioids very recently).

I would say the dose you took was likely equivalent to taking around 12mg at once (if you hadn't taken any the day before), because even though you very well could've had 5mg+ still in your body, that doesn't mean when you take 10mg it feels the same as taking 15mg. For example, when I took 50mg 2 days in a row it did not feel like 75mg on the second day. Also each day in a row that you take it makes it a bit stronger for up to 7 or 8 days, where it then stabilizes. So that's something to keep in mind if you do take it more days in a row - although I highly suggest that you don't.

It's always best to take a bit less than you think you need because there are so many factors that might affect it and you can always take more if needed but can't undo it if you take too much, so I'd go with 15mg next time as opposed to 20mg. But of course my suggestion would be to not use methadone recreationally at all ;)

By the way, chewing it doesn't make much difference and IMO tastes nasty - if you're wanting it to come on as quickly as possible you could just crush then swallow (but for me it doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference to the onset).

Is just ONE more day ok?, basically total of 3 days. When do you normally feel withdrawals from methadone? 1 week? 2 week?

Have you been using any other opioids recently? Have you ever been physically dependent on an opioid before? Using for 3 days in a row is not likely to cause withdrawals IF you haven't been using other opioids in the week prior and have never been dependent on opioids before, but I still do not recommend it and it's not something you want to get into doing on a regular basis. How many do you have left now, 4 pills? I know you said you won't be able to get more when your pills are gone but we often find a way. It seems like a bad sign that you are already not wanting to take a break. If you truly can't get any more don't you want to save them?

How long it takes to cause a physical dependence greatly varies depending on the person, how much/how often you use, your history with opioids, your metabolism, your individual sensitivity to withdrawals, etc. It's not as simple as saying something like anything under a week of daily use won't cause any withdrawals and anything over a week will. You can also get dependent even without using it every day, like from using every 2-3 days if done for long enough. If you can't mentally handle waiting at least a week between doses that is a sign you may be prone to addiction and should stay away.

Yea well I had prior Crystal meth addiction for a couple months. So I definitely have an addictive personality but with opiates I've always been able to control them. I know when to stop but I'm gonna take a day or 2 break for the sake of my health. And correct I have 4 5mg pills left.

With 5mg you generally should be fine. But what's the point of taking it if you're not dependent on opioids and just gonna go to sleep right away?

Also I don't know how much sleeping really increases your chances of death by overdose, people always seem to think if they don't fall asleep they would somehow realize they were overdosing and be able to get help in time, but in my experience that is not the case, people who've overdosed tend to pass out before getting help anyway, so the best thing is to not do drugs alone. 5mg of methadone is not likely to be a lethal dose when not mixed with alcohol/benzos though. Although I don't get why people take methadone recreationally - it's totally not worth the risks of death or dependence.
It gives a good buzz if you take it rectally.
And its nice to have when you have been on heroin for a while and want get less WD symptomes

Yea well I had prior Crystal meth addiction for a couple months. So I definitely have an addictive personality but with opiates I've always been able to control them. I know when to stop but I'm gonna take a day or 2 break for the sake of my health. And correct I have 4 5mg pills left.
A couple of months xD

You should be fine with 20mg I gave my mum 20ml when she had bad toothache once she is totally opiate naive 66 yr old never done drugs, does not drink and she loved it lol, builds up in your system over days with redosing so just be careful fella, have a good one
it was 1mg-1ml syrup