• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc sleep aid

BZD's are generally bad for sleep. Doixylamine and the antihistamines should be a first-line defense agsint sleeplessness, then mitrazepinethe anti-psyychotics if doxylamine won't bring you down.

There is always the option of considering your environment: do you have stressors in your life that are leading you to stay up at night?

I've always had trouble falling asleep at the appropriate time, I'm fine when I can just fall asleep when I'm tired but that's usually around 7am....

I think that Doxylamine works the best of all the over the counter sleep aids I've tried. You usually will find it by all the other otc sleep aids, but most of those sleep aids are just another form of Benadryl which works but I really suggest 1 or 2 tablets of Doxylamine, it really works and I'm used to Ambien, Lunesta, Benzos of all sorts, as well as Opiates.

I really am continually impressed by Doxylamine's ability to put me to sleep, not an easy feat.

If that or Benadryl don't help then there are always the rx's which will work generally but addiction is no fun, I've been on benzos for years and if you don't need them stay away from them. If you can use them only as needed and not become dependent on them than go for it, but try Ambien or Lunesta first.

Trazadone has worked for me however I felt like a sedated animal when I took it and it's effects always lingered way too far into the next day.

I have some Doxepin samples which I haven't tried yet, but I've heard they work for some.

Other than that there is always Valerian Root, Kava, Melatonin...etc.. sometimes these work well for me sometimes not.

Haven't tried any antipsychotics, can't comment on any of those.

Alcohol is not a good choice in my opinion, I only use it as a last resort these days I don't call that sleep. I guess a small amount of Alcohol would work well if you're just trying to get to sleep, if staying asleep is your problem I'd go with something else.

Weed can be great depending on your relationship with it, it could be your best bet or worst.

Good Luck....... with catching those elusive zzzzzzzzzzz's! You can always Count Sheep, just don't count endangered species, you'll run out... (bad joke)...

I've always had trouble falling asleep at the appropriate time, I'm fine when I can just fall asleep when I'm tired but that's usually around 7am....

I think that Doxylamine works the best of all the over the counter sleep aids I've tried. You usually will find it by all the other otc sleep aids, but most of those sleep aids are just another form of Benadryl which works but I really suggest 1 or 2 tablets of Doxylamine, it really works and I'm used to Ambien, Lunesta, Benzos of all sorts, as well as Opiates.

I really am continually impressed by Doxylamine's ability to put me to sleep, not an easy feat.

If that or Benadryl don't help then there are always the rx's which will work generally but addiction is no fun, I've been on benzos for years and if you don't need them stay away from them. If you can use them only as needed and not become dependent on them than go for it, but try Ambien or Lunesta first.

Trazadone has worked for me however I felt like a sedated animal when I took it and it's effects always lingered way too far into the next day.

I have some Doxepin samples which I haven't tried yet, but I've heard they work for some.

Other than that there is always Valerian Root, Kava, Melatonin...etc.. sometimes these work well for me sometimes not.

Haven't tried any antipsychotics, can't comment on any of those.

Alcohol is not a good choice in my opinion, I only use it as a last resort these days I don't call that sleep. I guess a small amount of Alcohol would work well if you're just trying to get to sleep, if staying asleep is your problem I'd go with something else.

Weed can be great depending on your relationship with it, it could be your best bet or worst.

Good Luck....... with catching those elusive zzzzzzzzzzz's! You can always Count Sheep, just don't count endangered species, you'll run out... (bad joke)...

Leave the ugandan mountain gorillas out of this (bad joke) lol

Etizolam useful for sleep, but find if I take it too late, is a bitch waking up in the morning (I start dreaming about trying of get to work on time, then wake up to find I've overslept despite the alarm). Also taking it earlier allows you to better enjoy its chilled out euphoric effects.

If you're not physically active you won't be tired, simple and plain. Get some exercise, see if it helps!!

I second temazepam. It's the best sleeping pill you can realistically get. I fall asleep fast, and wake up exactly 8 hours later, feeling refreshed. Also it's the only sleeping pill that doesn't suppress REM sleep in lower doses.

Anti-psycotics don't do shit for sleep with me, even high doses. Maybe it's cause I'm psychotic? Mirtazepine does work pretty good for sleep, but gives crazy dreams and has side effects like increased appetite and daytime drowsiness.

I would like to try phenibut. I take melatonin most nights, which works well. Plus I get insane vivid dreams most of the time, which can be fun. Also scary sometimes. As someone who was addicted to Ambien, please for god's sake don't try it long term. I think the 30 day suggested limit is too liberal. Similarly, if you have addiction issues, or anyone in your family does, I would be weary of the benzos. Just say'n. From what I hear it's not a the kind of thing I would wish upon anyone. Heroin addiction is bad enough... 8(

OP - I hear you about the Lunesta! haha, you don't like that metallic taste either? ;)

Trazadone worked alright for me, but it produced as sort of zombification that didn't sit too well with me. But it did work @ highish doses.

Mirtazapine worked really well for me, although I never took it long term.

And FUCK the anti-psychotics. I was taking Risperdone off label to get me through the first couple days of opioid w/d. Even after only a mater of days, the I could feel the involuntary ticks developing ;) Scary shit. Super scary shit.

Melatonin + low dose doxylamine works wonders for me these days.