• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.

Setting aside GB's inane thread title, and obvious grostesque interpretations of just about everything having to do with evangelical christianity; other then creating an opportunity to call others 'airhead', 'stupid', 'rape victim's, etc., etc., what's the point of these post threads? There's nothing about supposed 'gnostic Christian ecumenicalism' in substance other than how to take cheap shots at other posters, it seems.

@ GB Understand words? No need to get rude!
I can read and understand the original german text probably better than you.People resort to rudeness (some) when the arguments run out. It seems you cant tolerate other views and cant just let it be.
But i wont argue with you. I consider
Thread over.

Last edited:
Well ain’t this a bitch. I get posts removed for being direct lol. Have been described as everything from ignorant, misled to being part of a group that’s primary purpose seems to be persecution of gays and other ethnic groups. A hole even had the audacity to simply say “ you’re wrong” with no proof whatsoever beyond a few YouTube vids and a mis interpretation or two from the Bible.
Yet my direct, highly probable suggestions as to why op is so angry at organized religion, gets removed.
So mods allow if insults coated in layers of fluff and extra multi syllable adjectives?
Well fuck me, didn’t know this was creative writing clique. Obviously it’s form over function.
As for op claim that this is HR by saving us from our oppressor, what a load of shit! If someone seeks HR, they’re already in the shit somehow. So first thing they need is a life raft, a positive, however small, till they get their bearings. say they’re looking for a bit of faith,anything to prevent stepping in front of the bus, loading the shot heavy, whatever. Spirituality forum, hell even scanning new posts. Well it’s under spirituality, the mods oversee these threads, must be viable, and helpful.
OP had no higher power. The thought that someone is above him is unacceptable. His responses to those poor souls that even see a point he makes proves that.Rather than let it sink in, quickly presses his views all the harder. Not looking to HR, he’s looking for disciples, to worship at the feet o The Unholy Church of Gnostic Bitchup. Anonymously, of course. That’s the only way to ignore facts that you cant defend against.
As for mod( s) in charge of content and where it belongs, shame on ya.
You wouldn’t allow a post suggesting breaking down h with battery acid, would ya? Maybe so, if it gets activity.

Setting aside GB's inane thread title, and obvious grostesque interpretations of just about everything having to do with evangelical christianity; other then creating an opportunity to call others 'airhead', 'stupid', 'rape victim's, etc., etc., what's the point of these post threads? There's nothing about supposed 'gnostic Christian ecumenicalism' in substance other than how to take cheap shots at other posters, it seems.

Inane???

It is called a hook in my old trade.

Follow the dots my friend.

The church sings of Adam's sin, ---which we all share, thank god, --- as a happy fault , --- that is necessary to god's plan.

Nature agrees with this as we are created to compete and thus create losers who will feel that evil has befallen them.

Nice though that we default to cooperation.

Regards
DL

what's the point of these post threads?

I guess that my main agenda is to lose an argument or debate.

I also owe religion a lot, and to lose one one of my points would be a good way for me to pay back.

Sure I bad mouth the morally poor religions, but most do not see where I elevate the religions that seek knowledge and wisdom instead of adoring a genocidal satanic Yahweh.

That would include the atheist religions. Slow to go but they were held back a long time.

Regards
DL

The evolution of Yahweh from a minor bronze age diety through the iron age, and on to appropriation as the sole God appropriated by Jews, and both Christians and Muslims is not so straightforward. If anything it reflects our own social evolution and moral evolution, so of course it is as a matter of course tied to our own violent history. Genesis itself was probably rewritten and redacted during the Babylonian captivity, and represents a national treaty and laws for the Israelites some 3,500 years ago, so its not surprising the amount of violence involved in the rise of the Jewish nation state. In that sense the old testament and new testament are fairly accurate as to the historical and religious events of the creation of Israel and Judah, and later appropriation of Yahweh as the Christian Jehovah and Muslim Allah. As such I don't think throwing out entire religions based on a violent history well all share is useful because that would be a wholesale denial of our own history and thousands of years trying to create morals and a body of ethics to overcome our own failings.

Genesis itself was probably rewritten and redacted during the Babylonian captivity, and represents a national treaty and laws for the Israelites some 3,500 years ago, so its not surprising the amount of violence involved in the rise of the Jewish nation state. In that sense the old testament and new testament are fairly accurate as to the historical and religious events of the creation of Israel and Judah, and later appropriation of Yahweh as the Christian Jehovah and Muslim Allah. As such I don't think throwing out entire religions based on a violent history well all share is useful because that would be a wholesale denial of our own history and thousands of years trying to create morals and a body of ethics to overcome our own failings.
I don't see why the Books of Moses would be changed, or how. Don't worry I'm not biased but I haven't seen evidence for that and that's all I'm interested in

As to shared history, I don't know the context you're using. I'm not part of the 12 tribes of Israel, so I'm not a Jew. Sure people convert to Judaism but that's not the point. My point is, I don't have a shared history with Jews

I wouldn't listen to Christians. They tend to talk about things that aren't Biblical. Anyway, I know you weren't talking to me @The Axe. Just curious about what you said

@Gormur, the way I understand it there are sometimes multiple authors of OT books, that books are the result of a process of drafting, redacting, or revising based on different authors' viewpoints and source material. As far as history I'm talking about shared history of humanity.

There are some like Daniel where we don't know the author, but Moses and Joshua wrote the first five books of the Hebrew Bible. At least I've never read anything to the contrary. The Talmud states it, although I've never read the Talmud or the Mishna. I admit I'm more interested in reading Kabbalah

My understanding is different, the first 5 books may be ascribed to Moses and Joshua, but according to linguists, they were probably written in the form we know today by other authors during Babylonian captivity.

The evolution of Yahweh from a minor bronze age diety through the iron age, and on to appropriation as the sole God appropriated by Jews, and both Christians and Muslims is not so straightforward. If anything it reflects our own social evolution and moral evolution, so of course it is as a matter of course tied to our own violent history. Genesis itself was probably rewritten and redacted during the Babylonian captivity, and represents a national treaty and laws for the Israelites some 3,500 years ago, so its not surprising the amount of violence involved in the rise of the Jewish nation state. In that sense the old testament and new testament are fairly accurate as to the historical and religious events of the creation of Israel and Judah, and later appropriation of Yahweh as the Christian Jehovah and Muslim Allah. As such I don't think throwing out entire religions based on a violent history well all share is useful because that would be a wholesale denial of our own history and thousands of years trying to create morals and a body of ethics to overcome our own failings.

All genocidal satanic gods, and their immoral homophobic and misogynous religions, should be condemned to hell.

All moral people will agree.

Regards
DL

Everyone sees the world through different moral and ethical lenses, least of all when it comes to condemning Gods and religions to hell - that's quite a sweeping statement.

Everyone sees the world through different moral and ethical lenses, least of all when it comes to condemning Gods and religions to hell - that's quite a sweeping statement.

Most of us begin our morals with some kind of reciprocity rule. We all see the world about the same way.

What do your morals tell you about genocidal gods and their homophobic and misogynous religions?

Does it tell you to venerate such garbage religions?

Regards
DL

Norse paganism is altruistic. What we have to understand though is that it developed amidst an altruistic society, so even without the religion it's there, in practice. The more I study (Norse) paganism the less it seems like a religion at all, but that's another topic

I think when certain religions express sexism or other unfair ideas, that's exactly what it is and it comes from the society itself. It makes no difference what one believes within a particular religion. It's what they practise

Norse paganism is altruistic. What we have to understand though is that it developed amidst an altruistic society, so even without the religion it's there, in practice. The more I study (Norse) paganism the less it seems like a religion at all, but that's another topic

I think when certain religions express sexism or other unfair ideas, that's exactly what it is and it comes from the society itself. It makes no difference what one believes within a particular religion. It's what they practise

I agree, and the mainstream religions practice immoral tenets, like homophobia and misogyny.

I cannot see believing in a genocidal prick of a god as healthy, if vile religions are the results.

Believing all kinds of garbage is not healthy and we should all care about what we are believing.

Regarsd
DL

Those genocidal gods and vile religions are all in your genocidal and vile mind. And since when has anyone bought into Gnosticism lately anyway if it is so kindhearted? None to my knowledge - it just an artifact used by the disgruntled.

Nice that you do not care of the harm religions do to women and gays or their l;ove of genocide and inquisitions.

Your religion hated mine because mine was and is superior.

You embrace an evil theology while we do not.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

Your religion is not superior, there is no superior religion. They are all man made and flawed, but we come here to discuss them in a non judgemental manner.
Please discuss the topic without making implications like this, it's much more conducive to discussion.

Gnostic Bishop

Your religion is not superior, there is no superior religion. They are all man made and flawed, but we come here to discuss them in a non judgemental manner.
Please discuss the topic without making implications like this, it's much more conducive to discussion.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

With love in mind, let me correct you.

Yes there are superior religions just as there are better ways of governing.

To say that all ideologies and theologies are equal is not a very bright thing to say.

Prove it to yourself with your best answer to, --- are religions that adore a genocidal, homophobic and misogynous god, better or worse than a religion that does not discriminate without a just cause.

Or do you see a just cause to homophobia and misogyny and discrimination without a just cause?

I do agree that all religions are flawed, but those that put man above god, are superior to those that put an absentee god above man.

Regards
DL