• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

signs of overdose on ecstasy

e5th3r

Bluelighter
what are that signs that you personally are going to overdose or someone else that is on ecstasy is going to overdose?

I had mild serotonin syndrom, which i think is a little more likely than overdose (could be wrong), but it started with a headache. A very very very bad headache. Left arm went numb, i threw up a few times then passed out and thats all i remember.

I've had serotonin syndrome. Not very pleasant. I thought I was going to die.
My hearing disappeared, all I could hear was a static-like noise in my ears. I got very, very dizzy, and just dropped to the floor. Then I layed there like a zombie, and my heart started to beat really, really hard, slower and slower, until it started beating very irregular, skipping beats. I was afraid it might stop completely, but I couldn't move, so I just focused on breading right. After a few hours (!) I regained the movement of my limbs, and the breading and heart rate returned to normal. Scary shit.

I suspect the reason for this incident, was that I took 4-5 pills and was using Tolvon and/or Remeron the day/days before rolling. This combination is not good.

Other than that, no overdose incidents. I've seen people take 10-15 pills in one night, they still live.

Females respond stronger to MDMA than males. Weight might also have something to say.

But if you dance for several hours only interrupted by gulping down huge amounts of water, then you're risking a lot of other possible fatal conditions.

^^ Those peoples posts sound about right... you should notice slurred speech, movement difficulties... hyperthermia...

my arms always go numb and my legs and im fine.

usualy when you cant feel anything like boling hot water or freexing cold water on your body obviously flothing veryyy bad confusing like when it happened to me i could tell it wasnt just confusing it was to the pint where i couldnt tell anything from anytihg slurred speach is definatly one of them,not understand the people around you aswell as the suroundings, overheating , evelated heart beat, and i know some of us h have mild hollusenations on E but hollusinations is one of them too
its a fuzzy line betweeen being really fukd and overdosing.

Same as serotonin syndrome, basically.

"The symptoms of the serotonin syndrome are: euphoria, drowsiness, sustained rapid eye movement, overreaction of the reflexes, rapid muscle contraction and relaxation in the ankle causing abnormal movements of the foot, clumsiness, restlessness, feeling drunk and dizzy, muscle contraction and relaxation in the jaw, sweating, intoxication, muscle twitching, rigidity, high body temperature, mental status changes were frequent (including confusion and hypomania - a "happy drunk" state), shivering, diarrhea, loss of consciousness and death. (The Serotonin Syndrome, AM J PSYCHIATRY, June 1991)

...and what should be done in the event myself or someone falls into this syndrome?

If I had serotonin syndrome, would I know? or would i be too fucked to tell someone i needed help?

how long does it last if not treated? a lot of the symptoms described above are included in a normal roll.

go in a cold shower and fight it try and consentrate some of it is phcycological

when i pop after the event (normally abut 3 to 4 pills) i like going home and carrying on partying all day maybe doing another 3 to 4 pills indoors and smoke a lot of hash i always loose my speech and talk a lot of gibberish and loose my balance etc. does that mean i'm overdosing?, cause i love being like that

sp00nix -- you're right in that many of the above symptoms are included in common MDMA effects.

The general gist is that things aren't going well. The victim of an overdose generally doesn't feel well, has major trouble walking (if they can walk), isn't particularly coherent... they may or may not throw up, and they may lose consciousness. If they've lost consciousness, that's a pretty damned good sign you need to call an ambulance. Hopefully you'll recognise it before that stage.

There's a difference between throwing up once as a result of the comeup and repeated throwing up.

If a person looks in bad shape, they probably are. If you feel in bad shape, you should seek medical help.

Serotonin syndrome itself usually results from a combination of multiple serotonergic drugs e.g. MAOIs and MDMA, SSRIs and MAOIs, SSRIs and large doses of MDMA, DXM and SSRIs etc. It is life-threatening and medical help must be sought.

You can get mild versions of serotonin syndrome and be ok after a while -- it depends on what drugs caused it.

As I said -- if you feel like something is going really wrong, or if you look at someone and go "man that guy/girl really isn't in a good state" it's time to seek help. ANy good party should have at least some form of first aid attendant.

nenu
i do that too no it doesnt mean your overdoesing my speach goes slurred to but i think you can tell the difference when its a bad state

I know people who pop pills every weekend, like 10 - 15 pills on saturday, sometimes some GHB in between, and those people are still fine, maybe they got some hardcore depression, could be, but i don't hear them speak about it.

One time, when i was very tired and had smoked lots of weed, pop'd my first pill, 5 minutes later my body began to shake like nuts, had to lay down for a few minutes, couldn't stand up, was terrible, but after my 2nd pill everything was fine. Took 8 hyuandies that night. Most stupid thing i ever did i guess.

But i learned my lesson.
Recently i've stopped taking pills every weekend, gave me enormous depression on weekdays, now i only pop pills every few weeks, its better this way.

Ive only had a pill once before, and when i took this i had some weed before i took it and while i was peaking. I began to notice i had chest pains which came everyso often. When i had this i just drank some water and i was fine. Is this normal when dealing with MDMA or not? Ive read heaps of stuff on MDMA before but ive got a bad memory and well ive fogotten lots of this stuff. Also im too lazy to do more reading on MDMA becuase ive just started uni and dont have much time right now

e5th3r said:
everyones so informative :). i love it
Well, you're a good Greenlighter :) You ask succinct, clear questions in the right forum.

djiang87 - Chest pains can be caused by anxiety and I think the act of drinking water has distracted you from them so they subside. I have personally felt my anxiety levels skyrocket on MDMA and cannabis separately (although not together) and they manifest as chest pains, mostly.

If you have sustained chest pains, if the pain spreads to your arms, or you start feeling faint, seek medical attention immediately.

VelocideX said:
sp00nix -- you're right in that many of the above symptoms are included in common MDMA effects.

The general gist is that things aren't going well. The victim of an overdose generally doesn't feel well, has major trouble walking (if they can walk), isn't particularly coherent... they may or may not throw up, and they may lose consciousness. If they've lost consciousness, that's a pretty damned good sign you need to call an ambulance. Hopefully you'll recognise it before that stage.

There's a difference between throwing up once as a result of the comeup and repeated throwing up.

If a person looks in bad shape, they probably are. If you feel in bad shape, you should seek medical help.

Serotonin syndrome itself usually results from a combination of multiple serotonergic drugs e.g. MAOIs and MDMA, SSRIs and MAOIs, SSRIs and large doses of MDMA, DXM and SSRIs etc. It is life-threatening and medical help must be sought.

You can get mild versions of serotonin syndrome and be ok after a while -- it depends on what drugs caused it.

As I said -- if you feel like something is going really wrong, or if you look at someone and go "man that guy/girl really isn't in a good state" it's time to seek help. ANy good party should have at least some form of first aid attendant.

this has me a bit concerned... i recently posted a thread about my girlfriend being really sensative to x (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187821&r=16), and she feels like she's rolling for a good 10-12 hours.

I don't know, it seems scary to think that she may have had mild serotonin syndrome.. basically, a typical night on 1.5 to 2 pills goes like this:

-She pops the pill
-feels sick about 15 mins later
-starts to roll real good usually 15-30 mins after she initially fills sick
-while she rolls, her eyes are usually kinda droopy (kinda like she looks tired :eek: ), everyone else looks like they have had 4 or 5 redbills 8o
-she says she feels good, relaxed, likes to make out, doesn't really like to walk around, usually doesn't hallucinate until about 4 or 5 hours after initially ingesting the pill
-if she pops another half, she will usually pop it about 2-3 hours after the first.
-when/if she does begin to hallucinate, it's usually on the car ride home... i guess when she begins to relax (it usually takes about 30-45 mins to get home)... she usually hears trance music, or see's things on the road (although her eyes are closed)
-when we go to bed, i'm often pretty much all the way down - sometimes i'll have mild trips/dreams before i'm asleep. At this time, her jaw usually tends to clamp pretty good. Last time, i kept putting my finger in her mouth so that she wouldn't hurt her teeth.
-Towards the end, when she walks, she walks real slow, almost tired... sometimes i'll carry her if we have a long distance to go.
-When we were at home, relaxing, and she was still rolling, she liked to use some Vix - i've noticed that after use, she says it's hard to breath and her muscle tighten... although, she's breathing fine and her heart beat is normal... i can usually coax her into thinking she's breathing fine just by telling her it's her imagination.
-She'll fall asleep, and when she wakes up, she will be completely normal - no headache, maybe a sore jaw, sore muscles, etc.. HOWEVEVER, if she eats a lot of vitamin c, or sniffs vix again, she'll usually start to have her "rolling" effects desrcibed above. To her, it's comparable to the night before - a really happy, nice roll.. although this one usually only lasts a few hours...

Overall, we both remember main points of every night, but have a hard time remembering small details - i'm sure this is normal! right? ;-) She says she feels fine, except when she says she can't lift her legs or says she can't breath. Even though she sometimes has slight balance issues, she's still able to make it to the restroom, etc, on her own with now problem...

Am I just worrying to much and babying her? We both agreed that we should both reduce our pill intake. Next time, if there is a next time, she's going to start with a quarter pill, and incriment quarters at a time (possibly only taking 1/2 pill for the night), just to see how she reacts - if she comes down faster, etc...

sorry this post is so lengthy - i hope you can give me some info... I never thought it could be dangerous, but this thread has made me think of it from a different angle... We always keep hydrated, preload, postload... I try to get her to start with an empty stomach though...

thanks for your time everyone for your time and thank you VelocideX for the great information!

VelocideX said:
"The symptoms of the serotonin syndrome are: euphoria, drowsiness, sustained rapid eye movement, overreaction of the reflexes, rapid muscle contraction and relaxation in the ankle causing abnormal movements of the foot, clumsiness, restlessness, feeling drunk and dizzy, muscle contraction and relaxation in the jaw, sweating, intoxication, muscle twitching, rigidity, high body temperature, mental status changes were frequent (including confusion and hypomania - a "happy drunk" state), shivering, diarrhea, loss of consciousness and death. (The Serotonin Syndrome, AM J PSYCHIATRY, June 1991)

Yes, while i was concious, i had pretty much every single one of those symptoms. In a very odd, not good way, the euphoria of serotonin syndrom was the only thing that i enjoyed.

While unconcious, all my friends reported that i would stop breathing, then wake up gasping for breath. I couldnt put sentences together, couldnt stay awake for the life of me. It was a horrible, horrible experience.

sp00nix said:
...and what should be done in the event myself or someone falls into this syndrome?

If I had serotonin syndrome, would I know? or would i be too fucked to tell someone i needed help?

how long does it last if not treated? a lot of the symptoms described above are included in a normal roll.

Yeah, youll know. Youll enter a state of mind that youve probably never experienced before. And it is awful.

In this event, i definitley recomend medical attention cuz it can be fatal. I (stupidly) opted not to have medical help, but my friends who i owe my life to got me through it. It lasted a good 8 - 10 hours for me.

And yes a lot of the symptoms are included in a mild roll. But serotonin syndrom (for me) didnt hit till about 2 hours into my roll, and all those symptoms that are typical for a roll were multiplied about 3 times as much as they were while rolling. Basically, the first sign to look for is an extremely bad headache. Its not like a normal headache either, its as if tiny needles grew on the inside of your skull and your brain is expanding into these needles. Thats the best way for me to describe it.