European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzos Signed up for Benzo help uk.

50shadesofDave

Bluelighter
Well after a complete mindfuck of two months i have filled the form for local drug services, if you have read my posts then you will u derstand i have a benzo habit, 30mg diaz, had to start CT before getting some ropey bromazolam and latterly alpraz.
The alpraz just dont last long enough and my use of that i can see increasing.

I have put on the form that my supply has now got nitizenes pressed in and i'm unwilling to take.
Anyone know what to expect, i know they are snowed under and my town is wracked with lots of substance missuse and they are very busy, they have moved into bigger premises.

Any info/ammo to arm myself with?

Thanks for listening people over the last two months, and any info now you can share is invaluble.

Dave x
Take care folks.

You will be assessed and probably allocated a worker for some 1-1 support/harm reduction advice etc. This may take weeks or months depending on the pressure on the service. Alongside this you will probably be offered SMART group or the equivalent. In my part of the world it is third sector organizations like TPS (Turning Point) or CGL (Change Grow Live) who deal with the psycho-social side of substance misuse treatment. Not sure if this is what you were expecting but the chance of accessing a maintenance benzo script are non existent at least in my city.

One thing I'd bear in mind is that not all of these organizations are created equally.

Some will treat everything as confidential, while others will want to inform the police and your GP. (I don't know how anyone thinks that potentially getting a criminal record will help anyone get off and stay off substances, considering the issues that a record can cause with employment, and knowing that long term unemployment is highly correlated with increased drug problems. Anyway, that's a whole other issue.)

I was fortunate enough that the first time round there was a charitably funded SMART recovery group in my area who did have a confidentiality policy. Second time round they were no longer running, and the new services had the lack of confidentiality which was a complete non starter for me.

Also, to state the obvious, you have to be fully ready and commited to change, otherwise all the mental tools in the world, which they will give you, ultimately will not help.

When I accessed services I was in some kind of 'i want to quit, but at the same time I don't' state of total confusion which was understandably driving the workers there insane with frustration, and also people on here. I gather that this kind of state of inner conflict, mixed signals, and confusion is common amongs problem drug users, but it does annoy other people.

In the end, I managed to quit benzos for some time, in my own time, in my own way, without any external support. I guess I may have recalled some of the tools and methods that I found out about in services and on places like bluelight. Chief among them for Benzo users is the Ashton method of course. The woefull state of diazepam supplies at the moment is certainly not helping with that though unfortunately.

A potential alternative substitute could be clonazepam, while although it's not as long lasting as diazepam, it last a lot longer that alprazolam and bromozolam. Another strong benefit of clonaz is that for some reason it does not seem to get faked and filled with nitrazenes and other nasty or inactive fillers. Several of us on here have noticed this by regularly checking the test results on the Wedinos website. Clonaz consistenly tests as genuine, completely unlike diazepam and alprazolam.

Chances are that you will have to source your own benzos for your taper. I think at the very best you may get like 2 weeks worth of 5mg diazepam from your GP to help with the last stage of your taper. But then that will be on your medical files for ever which may cause issues at some point later on and down the line.

Last edited:
I've never seen the police being contacted with regards to a person disclosing illicit drug use here in the UK (at least in my 12 years of working in services here). There's a chance a letter will be sent to your G.P. detailing what treatment you are being offered etc but that information is obviously confidential. Our local service offers a relatively new group aimed at people with benzo issues. I think they had to do something like that given the number of people who were approaching them pushing for benzo maintenance scripts.

Those were definitely the terms mentioned when I inquired about services for the second time. And it wasn't only the police, it was other organisations that many users wouldn't willingly inform. I never went back to sign up after the first brief meeting. I don't know if that guy was just being a cunt, or if that was the policy at the time. As harsh and destructive as it would have been.

That's wild. Way to encourage people to disengage and never return for help again.

TBH it sounds like someone being unprofessional and indeed, a cunt. We have a very strict set of regulations governing confidentiality and the circumstances in which we are allowed to break it. If someone discloses that they intend to harm themselves or another or confesses to a serious crime and its deemed to be in the public interest, IE confesses to a murder. Also if there are child protection concerns.

Thanks folks, it's the supply that is the driving factor, the alpraz (dodgy press) are the only semi effective benzo i can find atm, last 2-3 hrs and i've been leaving it as long as possible to re-dose but don't want to head for a seizure as i live alone and won't be found.
I have no family here really.
I'll have to what is said and the form i filled in had my docs details to fill in but i'm not arsed about that, it did say confidential and given the state of my town i dont think police will be informed.

Thanks again.

Thanks folks, it's the supply that is the driving factor, the alpraz (dodgy press) are the only semi effective benzo i can find atm, last 2-3 hrs and i've been leaving it as long as possible to re-dose but don't want to head for a seizure as i live alone and won't be found.
I have no family here really.
I'll have to what is said and the form i filled in had my docs details to fill in but i'm not arsed about that, it did say confidential and given the state of my town i dont think police will be informed.

Thanks again.
Its worth a bash mate. At the very least you will get a bit of support and someone to chat to about things.

Yea i do need to talk some shit, stuff i've carried for years.
Do you think a maintenance script is totally out of the question?
I understand i will possibly be tested for what's in my system but i don't use anything else, stims,weed,booze etc.
Thank you.

Yea i do need to talk some shit, stuff i've carried for years.
Do you think a maintenance script is totally out of the question?
I understand i will possibly be tested for what's in my system but i don't use anything else, stims,weed,booze etc.
Thank you.
I manage loads of people on long term benzo maintenance scripts of 30mg daily and above but these were invariably all commenced 10-20 years ago and they will generally be on a methadone script alongside this. I've not seen anyone started on a new one for quite a few years, at least here in Scotland anyway. NHS policy is dead against it these days and states to be used for short term use only. Depending on your trusts policy and if you have an open minded prescriber you may be able to access a reducing script over a few months but chances are slim to none in my part of the world.

So what is likely to be said? especially regarding the zenes in most presses?

Just trying to arm myself with info.

Thank you.

Thank you.
They will adopt a harm reduction approach and accept that you cant simply stop using but will encourage to to exercise a lot of caution when trying new batches of pills. Start by trying small amounts of one pill and try not to use alone etc. They may sort you out with some naloxone shots or nasal spray also.

Thank you.
Sometimes people on sites like this have a different set of practical knowledge and tips etc, gained through experience and necessity, compared to key workers etc, especially if the service workers havent been users themselves.

I dont know if the workers in services are aware of free testing services like WEDINOS, for example, where you can send a pill of for testing, and they will publish the results online with what it contains. Which is more crucial than ever these days with it becoming increasingly common for zenes to be detected in benzos.

If it's possible for you to stock up a little so that you can afford to wait a week or so for the results to be posted online from any new batches, then that would help you out big time wrt to safety.

I've got to the stage with clonazepam where I've never seen a bad test result, and reckon I can now tell by the taste and effects if a new batch is kosher or not.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and thought, i really appreciate it.
I have been looking at their reviews and if i am looking for a substance (any) then they want me to sign a consent form but they will be on to DVLA and have my license revoked for 12 months, i have interviews lined up as i'm out of work but not driving jobs.
I'm probably going to swerve it now, do you think they will still fire a note to my gp + dvla if i swerve them?

All help appreciated.
Thank you.

Thanks for the info and thought, i really appreciate it.
I have been looking at their reviews and if i am looking for a substance (any) then they want me to sign a consent form but they will be on to DVLA and have my license revoked for 12 months, i have interviews lined up as i'm out of work but not driving jobs.
I'm probably going to swerve it now, do you think they will still fire a note to my gp + dvla if i swerve them?

All help appreciated.
Thank you.
AFAIK if you don't sign a consent form then they cannot do anything like that.

Chances are that you will have to source your own benzos for your taper.
Ideally you get obviously one patch that is big enough, next time you are scoring you might get stronger or weaker stuff. Makes it complicated and may set you back.