who have passed away

SigK4Life

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
SigK4Life

heather1_small.jpg

Heather Rogers

1980- December 3rd, 2001

A fiery one-car accident in West Rockhill Township, Bucks County Pennsylvania, claimed the lives of two men and two women.

Police blamed the crash on alcohol, drugs (marijuana) and excessive speed.
Matthew Cressman, 21, of Sellersville, was driving about 3 a.m. when he lost control. The car struck a utility pole and several trees, then burst into flames. Matthew Cressman, 21, Kevin Waite, 22, Ty Roy Myers Jr, 21, and Heather Rogers, 21 all passed away while celebrating Ty's 21st Birthday.

Heather Rogers... SigK4Life as known to us was a very caring person. I am honoured to have had the opportunity to have her in part of my life as short as it was.

Heather was a senior at the University of Delaware were she studied Exercise and Sports Sciences. She was also a member of the Siggma Kappa sorority. She lived on campus and was a Resident Assistant. She joined Bluelight around March 2000; posting mainly in Words and Northeast Meetups.

I am honoured to have been the very first Bluelighter she got to meet in person. We met at Shampoo nightclub in Philadelphia... She had the cutest outfit on, a Playboy Bunny sequin shirt with a boa! Now there was a Bluelighter that wouldn’t get lost in a club!

After our meet-up we just became very close friends, we exchanged numbers and would talk on the phone all the time. What I thought was very sweet of her was how she never called me "Squeaks" or even just "Mike". It was always "Mikey". No one else has ever called me "Mikey" before. She was always there to talk to whether it be at 2 in the morning when I came home messed up from the bar/club or a quick hello in between classes. I partied with her at my first Starscape...... not knowing it was going to be her last. Hopefully those who did not know her like I did will be able to see just how much of a caring person she was.

R.I.P SigK4Life, you may be gone but you will never be forgotten!

One of Heathers favorite threads: Mustard covered stained glass tufted tit-mouse nest
A poem Heather posted in words: memories from a parking lot

Written by Squeaks

Last edited:
Senior killed in single-car crash

BY STEPHANIE DENIS

Executive Editor

Article

A university senior and three other people were killed Sunday after their vehicle crashed in Sellersville, Pa., officials said.

The Pennridge Regional Police Department arrived at the scene at approximately 3:03 a.m. Heather Rogers, 21, was transported to Lehigh Valley Hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Rogers is survived by her mother and father, Denise and Richard P. Rogers Sr., and a brother Richard, 17.

The Pennridge Regional Police stated in a press release that Matthew Cressman, 21, was driving west on Ridge Valley Road in Bucks County when he lost control of his car and struck a telephone pole and several trees.

Ty R. Myers Jr., 21, Cressman and an unidentified front-seat passenger were pronounced dead at the scene.

Police believe both speed and alcohol factored into the accident, although it is still under investigation.

Rogers was an exercise and sports sciences major at the university with a minor in biology, and was considering studying physical therapy after graduation.

Denise Rogers said her daughter wanted to pursue a career in her major that somehow involved helping others. During Fall Semester, she said, her daughter especially enjoyed a class she took that allowed her to work closely with handicapped children.

"She had a really good time," Denise Rogers said. "She told me so many things about the kids she worked with."

She described her daughter, who grew up in Green Lane, Pa., as friendly and active.

"She liked to be on the go," Denise Rogers said. "She never liked to be home too much."

During junior high school, Rogers played softball and was a cheerleader. In high school, she participated in several theater productions and was also a member of the volleyball team.

"She was a people person," Denise Rogers said. "There wasn't anybody Heather didn't trust."

She said Rogers' involvement in Sigma Kappa sorority also played a significant role in her college career.

Senior Michelle Marcus, president of Sigma Kappa, said that as sisterhood chair, Rogers involved herself with planning activities for the sorority.
"She was so full of life," she said. "Heather was excited about everything and was always trying to put events together."

Marcus said Rogers willingly donated her time to the community as well, such as when the sorority decorated Halloween pumpkins for the Newark Manor Nursing Home.

"I was planning on dropping them off, but Heather took it upon herself to come and help me," she said. "I didn't ask for volunteers, but she came and hung out there for a while."

Danielle Criscitiello, a senior and member of Sigma Kappa, also said Heather never hesitated to pitch in.

"She was just here the other night at our house for a meeting," she said. "With everything that was going on, with finals and people being busy, Heather said, 'I can do this,' volunteering for everything.
"She was always willing to go the extra mile to help out anyone, regardless of what it was for."

Senior Katherine Pascone, also a member of Sigma Kappa, said she knew Heather since the two lived in Dickinson Hall A freshman year.

"Heather was a hilarious girl," she said. "She was unique in her sense of humor."

Pascone said she and Rogers worked together at MBNA America during Winter Session.

"We were supposed to be telemarketing," she said. "Heather was making friends with people, talking with them for two hours."

Pascone said Rogers' unique sense of humor and outgoing personality are what stood out most about her.

"Everywhere Heather went there was a story for what she did," she said. "There was always some sort of drama -- something funny always happened to her."

Cynthia Cummings, associate vice president for campus life, said Rogers' funeral is scheduled for Thursday morning at St. John's Lutheran Church in Sellersville, Pa.

During her time at the university, Cummings said, Rogers was a resident assistant last year in Dickinson Complex and performed well academically.
Joan Couch, assistant professor of health and exercise sciences, said Rogers had a positive outlook on life.

"She was someone you would like immediately," she said.
Denise Rogers said her daughter loved the people and the atmosphere at the university.

"She sort of applied [to the university] sight unseen," Denise Rogers said. "It was a lot of money, and I used to say, 'Can't you find somewhere cheaper to go?'

"She said, 'Mom, I'm never leaving.' "

Thank You so much for adding Heather to the shrine... She was a truly amazing person and I am so sorry our time together as friends had to be cut short by a tragedy like this.