Education Side Hustles (Legal)

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Has anyone got any side hustles they are doing on top of work or college?

Man if you have any interest in something you can probably selll it as a service.

You good at taking photos is peopls? Cool you can make money from that.

You like to draw? Cool you can develop that and make money.

Good at talking? You can be a freelance sales rep.

Basically what I’m getting at is what ever you have a passion for or even like you can make money from it.

Man if you have any interest in something you can probably selll it as a service.
Hell If you're selling convenience people will always be there to buy.

I'm working part time at a farm. I know its not exactly a hussle but I get very few hours but it's all I can do because of college. I wish I could do more.

Hell If you're selling convenience people will always be there to buy.

I'm working part time at a farm. I know its not exactly a hussle but I get very few hours but it's all I can do because of college. I wish I could do more.

The key is to learn a digital skill, you can sell online. I don't know how much they pay you at the farm, but when you get your online business set up correctly with an in-demand online skill, you charge over $1000 per client. If you're doing it part-time and do what I do (Digital Media Buyer) you can easily handle 3 clients. That's 3k in your pocket PER MONTH to do work in your spare time. But it's not a quick fix, you can't just jump right into it. Hence why I say you need a passion for it. I'll make a new thread of this because I think A LOT of people overlook the opportunity they have to work online as a freelancer, whether it be part-time or full-time.

I do technical editing (proofreading technical reports) on my computer part time using nothing more than Microsoft Word and Adobe PDFs. It's freelance-ish in that I set my own hours working as much or as little as I want to a certain degree and I only accept work I wanna do. I can't call it 100% freelance though because I only work for one company and am considered a temp-to-hire employee even though I've done it for 2 years.

My other side hustle is working front of house at a restaurant. Both side hustles equal one regular job. But I'd rather have two part time jobs than be a slave to one boss for all my income. The tech editing requires zero supervision, so all my "boss" really does is sign off on my time card so I can get paid.

I do technical editing (proofreading technical reports) on my computer part time using nothing more than Microsoft Word and Adobe PDFs. It's freelance-ish in that I set my own hours working as much or as little as I want to a certain degree and I only accept work I wanna do. I can't call it 100% freelance though because I only work for one company and am considered a temp-to-hire employee even though I've done it for 2 years.

My other side hustle is working front of house at a restaurant. Both side hustles equal one regular job. But I'd rather have two part time jobs than be a slave to one boss for all my income. The tech editing requires zero supervision, so all my "boss" really does is sign off on my time card so I can get paid.

That's awesome, have you thought about branching out the proofreading side of things? If they don't pay you by the hour then you can essentially bring on more clients and once you work toward establishing a personal brand a bit more you can 100% make your rates higher. If they do pay by the hour and you simply don't have enough time, I'd still work on your personal brand and see what's out there in terms of freelance gigs that could potentially pay more.

I 100% completely agree with having more than one source of income. SOOO many people feel safe and secure in their office job for example. What if the company goes under? What if they need to make cutbacks? What if they simply don't like you are fire you? You have NO fallback.

It's why I love the freelance model so much. Having multiple clients means if one goes, it doesn't really make any difference as you can have many more still paying you. It obviously depends on what you do but with something like writing you can potentially have over 10 clients. With what I do I'm maxed out at 16 clients. Would make 0 difference to me if one went. So there is always that safety net.

Online personal brand building is one of the most powerful things you can do nowadays. Create content on LinkedIn, Facebook etc. Have a good-looking website with reviews, examples of your work etc, and join networks of people in the same field. This makes you pretty much bulletproof over time as if everything does go to shit you have your brand to fall back on and it makes it SOOO easy to get another job/gig/client.

Own business or for an agency or other business?
I'm an independent contractor. I find contracts on various websites and apply. Right now I'm working in growth marketing. I focus on CJ &CE a lot. Which can be quite fun.

I would love love love to have an agency do the leg work for me. I find the application and waiting process quite tedious. You're in the same field, right?

I'm an independent contractor. I find contracts on various websites and apply. Right now I'm working in growth marketing. I focus on CJ &CE a lot. Which can be quite fun.

I would love love love to have an agency do the leg work for me. I find the application and waiting process quite tedious. You're in the same field, right?

Yup, I ran a successful paid media agency for a while and realised I just fucking loved marketing and advertising, so now I consult with brands and run paid media for agencies. No more sales calls, no stress of managing staff, literally have to do 0 outreach. It's worked out well.

When you say CJ and CE are you talking about affiliate marketing?

Yup, I ran a successful paid media agency for a while and realised I just fucking loved marketing and advertising, so now I consult with brands and run paid media for agencies. No more sales calls, no stress of managing staff, literally have to do 0 outreach. It's worked out well.

When you say CJ and CE are you talking about affiliate marketing?
Customer experience and journey. What is the customer's experience with a product and how do they get to the product.

Customer experience and journey. What is the customer's experience with a product and how do they get to the product.

Nice, what kind of tasks are involved in that?

If you're talking from a pre-strategy point of view then I know exactly what you mean as it's what I do as part of my media buying role but do you mean post-purchase?

I translate for companies (mostly between English and German) - that's solid money for very little work
best thing about this is I can just do it for 30 mins after work and get an extra 10 bucks
I would do this full time if it wasn't a recipe for arthritis :ROFLMAO:

and I own 14% of a company I'm co-founder of, this used to be my main job,
now I just do odd jobs for them on the week-end, or help out

I translate for companies (mostly between English and German) - that's solid money for very little work
best thing about this is I can just do it for 30 mins after work and get an extra 10 bucks
I would do this full time if it wasn't a recipe for arthritis :ROFLMAO:

and I own 14% of a company I'm co-founder of, this used to be my main job,
now I just do odd jobs for them on the week-end, or help out
Sweet man translating can be the one when you're bi-lingual. What type of content are you translating?

More importantly, what's the company you cofounded? Why did you leave?

Sweet man translating can be the one when you're bi-lingual. What type of content are you translating?

More importantly, what's the company you cofounded? Why did you leave?
business letters mostly, or product descriptions

I went to an interpreter academy in my early twenties, and I travelled a lot
so I speak German, English, Spanish, Italian and French good enough to have complex discussions (also Bavarian, but that's my native language and it's at least structurally mostly identical to German)

My company makes microgreens for the haute cuisine in and near Munich
I didn't leave per se, but I had to stop working there because after Corona this business started struggling,
since, well, for the most parts restaurants were closed, and now they have a 2 year hole in the ground they have to stomp out first, so they don't need that much fancy stuff for their food. However this year it's starting to make some good money again. Had to run the company for a week first week of August and we made 1.5 grand or so, which isn't bad

However I am hopeful that Oktoberfest will be a big success, as it's finally happening again this year.
Before Corona we actually had celebrities and high politicians of many different countries eating our greens on food there. And we made such a shitton of money just from the Fest. 16 grand i think

business letters mostly, or product descriptions

I went to an interpreter academy in my early twenties, and I travelled a lot
so I speak German, English, Spanish, Italian and French good enough to have complex discussions (also Bavarian, but that's my native language and it's at least structurally mostly identical to German)

My company makes microgreens for the haute cuisine in and near Munich
I didn't leave per se, but I had to stop working there because after Corona this business started struggling,
since, well, for the most parts restaurants were closed, and now they have a 2 year hole in the ground they have to stomp out first, so they don't need that much fancy stuff for their food. However this year it's starting to make some good money again. Had to run the company for a week first week of August and we made 1.5 grand or so, which isn't bad

However I am hopeful that Oktoberfest will be a big success, as it's finally happening again this year.
Before Corona we actually had celebrities and high politicians of many different countries eating our greens on food there. And we made such a shitton of money just from the Fest. 16 grand i think

That's awesome but also such a shame that covid fucked up the whole hospitality industry.

You looking to get back into it full-time or happy with a few projects going simultaneously?

I always preach don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you're making good money from both and anything else you're doing, keep it that way and just maximise what you can get out of all of them. Then if something like covid happens again which it undoubtedly will, you're future-proofed for income.

Super interested in the translation stuff. You can make some really good money from that, especially with your skill level. I almost see it as scalable, have you thought of that route? Raises prices, delegate and bring in new clients. Or are you solely working for one company because they want YOU?