View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms turn off my emotion?

XROLLED

Greenlighter
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience taking cubensis. I have taken them 3 times in different doses and settings and the results are always the same. It feels like they shut down my ability to feel so I always have this uncomfortable feeling of boredom. Nothing I look at, listen too, or do can keep my interest. So I have this feeling like I need to do something but nothing is appealing to me. I can't even find enjoyment with the visuals. Setting changes don't seem to help.

I have taken LSD in between these trips and my experience is very different so I don't believe it is my mind set either. If anyone has ever experienced this or heard of it I would love to hear. I can't seem to find anything that explains this.

The shrooms are clearing your mind and allowing you to see actual reality without any external filters. If you get in a positive mindset on shrooms I guarantee u will experience intense euphoria, not like opioid euphoria where your like "ohh i feel so good i dont give a fuck" it's more like a complete feeling of being kind of "full" with no emptiness in one's soul. Shrooms let you control the more of the experience and acid just kind of shows you things. A very good comparison is that shrooms are like driving a car to a destination, where you have control over your speed, direction, etc. but you still have basic rules to follow (road signs, speed limit,) but can break the rules if u choose to. LSD is like taking a plane ride to your destination, you pretty much have to deal with it and ride it out, there might be some turbulence but that is unavoidable since you are in a plane.

Hope this helped.

To me this thread is like asking "marijuana gives me extreme nausea" ("green sickness" aside) or "I can't focus on an activity while I'm on amphetamines" or "benzodiazepines give me panic attacks". I guess it's probably just a paradoxical effect you get from the drug psilocybin.

To me this thread is like asking "marijuana gives me extreme nausea" ("green sickness" aside) or "I can't focus on an activity while I'm on amphetamines" or "benzodiazepines give me panic attacks". I guess it's probably just a paradoxical effect you get from the drug psilocybin.

I disagree because I believe psychedelics don't produce paradoxical effects in that manner.

I would argue that a total lack of interest in anything and BOREDOM is definitely a paradoxical effect from a strong dose of psilocybin.

It's not a drug for everyone but I would think that even people who try it & hate it wouldn't classify their experience as one of "boredom". And, if that were the case, it would be entirely setting-dependent

Thank you,
that totally makes sense. I will have to continue working on the positive mindset.

I would argue that a total lack of interest in anything and BOREDOM is definitely a paradoxical effect from a strong dose of psilocybin.

It's not a drug for everyone but I would think that even people who try it & hate it wouldn't classify their experience as one of "boredom". And, if that were the case, it would be entirely setting-dependent

If you are bored on shrooms you are DECIDING to be bored. Emotions are exaggerated and a looping mindset can make the boredom seem a lot more than it actually is.

That is the odd part, every trip should be its own experience but I feel locked into a sense of boredom.

anyone think that a different strain may effect this experience?

That is the odd part, every trip should be its own experience but I feel locked into a sense of boredom.

anyone think that a different strain may effect this experience?

If you are bored on shrooms you are DECIDING to be bored. Emotions are exaggerated and a looping mindset can make the boredom seem a lot more than it actually is.
Different strains of mushrooms defiantly produce different effects, try some out and see which one responds best to your body chemistry (like certain strains of weed for ppl)