View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms microdosing

NeoLid

Bluelighter
Hello, I've read alot of people seems to enjoy microdosing shrooms, I wanted to try taking about .2g before school. Does this seem like a good idea? I've had a lot of experience with psychedelics, but always in a conformable environment with friends.

I've taken lots of psychedelics(NBome, DXM, MDMA, LSD, Shrooms etc...). But I have never tried microdosing, and especially never at school. Has anyone had experience with this? Will my pupils still dilate? What are the effects I should feel? I currently have no tolerance to drugs(last psychedelic I did was MDMA about 2 months ago). Would you guys suggest trying this? If feel uncomfortable I can always just skip the rest of the day.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Doesn't seem like either a good or bad idea. When listing the psychedelics you've used, NBOMe belongs at the end of the list.8) Also, DXM and MDMA aren't psychedelic. .2g probably wont do much of anything.

Doesn't seem like either a good or bad idea. When listing the psychedelics you've used, NBOMe belongs at the end of the list.8) Also, DXM and MDMA aren't psychedelic. .2g probably wont do much of anything.

I found NBome to be really enjoyable, I wouldn't say it better or worse then LSD, it really depends what you are looking for out that trip. Also I find MDMA has some psychedelic properties, it is a substituted phenethylamine after all. I know DXM isn't really a psychedelic but I though I would still include it because its really trippy :p .

I found NBome to be really enjoyable, I wouldn't say it better or worse then LSD, it really depends what you are looking for out that trip. Also I find MDMA has some psychedelic properties, it is a substituted phenethylamine after all. I know DXM isn't really a psychedelic but I though I would still include it because its really trippy :p .

So is methamphetamine, that doesn't make it psychedelic.
However you are correct as many people find MDMA to have psychedelic properties.
I believe MDMA does have some binding affinity for 5-HT receptors as well as functioning as a serotonin releaser so this would support this theory.
Your pupils aren't likely to dilate at this dose, definitely not in a well lit area; all in all I say you are experienced enough to handle such a small dose, I'd give it a shot if you're curious and definitely report back!

I used to do it, it's a bad idea, no point. Either really don't feel anything, or start tripping out in some inappropriate place. Best you can hope for is a mild 'stoned' feeling for a few hours, but it's very hard to hit that dose. Dosage can be hard to get right on mushrooms since they vary in strength & tolerance plays a part too. It's at best a waste of good mushrooms, at worst mildly uncomfortable. 0.25g of some freshly dried small liberty caps was enough to give me a proper trip a few weeks ago.

Ehh shit really? I've read so many positive things about microdosing, that's why I really want to try it. How would you guys suggest I go about doing this? The smallest amount of shrooms I've then is like an 1/8. So I really don't know what shrooms feel like under that dosage. I was still able to act normal around my parents when I was peaking, although they were some really shitty shrooms. I want to play it safe what dosage would you guys recommend to be on the safe side.

0.2g should be sufficient.
I hardly notice 0.5g of mushrooms, although they weren't the highest quality.
I would say phenethylamines from the 2c-x family are more suited for microdosing experiments due to their tendency to be stimulating.

It was 0.25g of really potent liberty caps picked a few days before & dried, they're stronger than cubes & they were really fresh, they were all the smallest ones too (16 mushrooms = 0.25g), which may be even stronger by weight. They did more than 1.5g of dried cubes I had in Amsterdam once. I did mix them with bk-2c-b, so that probably helped, but I definitely felt the shrooms come on first. I knew that kind of dose was going to do something from past experience, but it surprised me how light those 16 mushrooms were & how strong the effect was. There's a lot of natural variation between mushrooms of different species, sizes & states of degradation, which makes them hard to microdose. Even if you do manage to dose perfectly to hit threshold effects, it's not that good anyway.

My microdoses were less than scientific though when I tried it in the past, shrooms were growing in the local park, but never many of them, I'd eat anywhere from 5-15 fresh mushrooms straight out of the ground (liberty caps are small), but sometimes even just 5 could make me trip a bit. I'd just get slightly confused, foggy, a body high & stoned feelings from tiny doses, not worth it, not like the "nootropic" hype of microdosing psyches at all, not for me. Better off with actual nootropics, marijuana, or microdosing stims. 2C-xs might work better than other psyches for microdosing, but bk-2c-b didn't seem suitable for it either, I'd get slight body high, dilated pupils, closed eye & peripheral visuals before any of the mental clarity effects.

Try it out, worst you'll get is a bit of a mild trip, or slight anxiety & brain fog, or absolutely no effect at all. Not recommended for school, or doing anything else important where you don't want to be tripping (driving, etc), so generally you might as well have a proper dose & a proper trip.

Last edited:
Even at 1.5 grams of shrooms I only feel pretty stoned. 2grams and up is where I seem to reach the trippin stage.

Freon, it all depends on how good the shrooms are. 1.5g of dried cubensis in Amsterdam did almost nothing, even with a big push from weed, they got totally overpowered by weed, I'm used to threshold effects from shrooms but those did nothing, I think they were old shrooms. 0.25g of relatively fresh strong tiny liberty caps was more than threshold, 0.75g of the larger mushrooms from the same batch was only a little stronger, but a proper trip. 1 gram is around a standard dose, equivalent to a good tab of lsd, with freshly dried liberty caps, but each mushroom varies in potency, the larger mushrooms aren't as potent by weight, although they do contain more psilocybin than a single smaller mushroom, so counting shrooms for doses doesn't work either. They lose potency as they get older too, depending on how well they're stored. After 6 months of bad storage 3g of my own liberty caps seemed inactive.

0.2g of dried cubensis is likely to do nothing at all, maybe 0.5g would be mildly effective or it still might do nothing, even a gram or more might do nothing, all depends on the mushrooms. If they're really potent shrooms like I had a few weeks ago then 0.25g would be far too much for concentrating on work, etc, it was easily a ++ on the shulgin scale before the bk-2c-b had any effect, no way I'd drive or operate heavy machinery at that level. It's not uncommon for some mushrooms to be 10x stronger than others. Liberty caps are some of the strongest mushrooms around, maybe almost double the strength of cubensis on average.

From wikipedia
Several studies have quantified the amounts of hallucinogenic compounds found in the fruit bodies of Psilocybe semilanceata. In 1993, Gartz reported an average of 1% psilocybin (expressed as a percentage of the dry weight of the fruit bodies), ranging from a minimum of 0.2% to a maximum of 2.37%, which is the highest psilocybin concentration reported for a mushroom.[58]

and for Cubensis...
The concentrations of psilocin and psilocybin, determined by high-performance liquid chromatography, were determined to be in the range of 0.14–0.42%/0.37–1.30% (dry weight) in the whole mushroom, 0.17–0.78%/0.44–1.35% in the cap and 0.09–0.30%/0.05–1.27% in the stem.[8]

They're too hard to measure for effective microdosing & I'm not sure what it's supposed to achieve anyway. Even when I felt I'd got the dosing right it wasn't amazing.

Last edited:
Op,

When ive done this, its mild, but i still get the "seeing things for the first time" effect. It is VERY psycedelic and metaphysical for me.

Being able to go about a normal day gives you such an interesting perspective.

By all means try it, it can be fun, especially if you accidentally start to trip, just not when you've got any other commitments, like school & not every day.

Yeah, so I decided not to do it. I figure save it and eat it with the rest, Ill have a better/stronger trip that way.

Also, DXM and MDMA aren't psychedelic.

DXM and MDMA definitely have psychedelic aspects to them in their own right. It may not be in the traditional sense but its still there.

I have Microdosed shrooms many times and its actually surprisingly easy to manage basic tasks and scenarios, especially compared to being baked. Being in school while on a too high dose was a very uncomfortable experience though, if possible peak before you go to school.

DXM and MDMA definitely have psychedelic aspects to them in their own right. It may not be in the traditional sense but its still there.

The labels help us make distinctions and i feel they are appropriately applied, given that MDMA is an empathogen, DXM is a dissociative, and mushrooms are psychedelic.

The labels help us make distinctions and i feel they are appropriately applied, given that MDMA is an empathogen, DXM is a dissociative, and mushrooms are psychedelic.

Theyre all hallucinogenic though.

MDMA and MDA are both able to bind to 5-HT receptors. MDA has a higher binding affinity than MDMA and this makes sense as MDA is considered more psychedelic than MDMA. Either way this means the drugs induce their psychedelic effect from a similar mechanism as all or her serotonergic psychedelics.
In short, MDMA appears to indeed be a psychedelic.

Try nootropics, that seems to be what you're looking for. I microdose mushrooms all the time, and I would never dare do it if I had to do something like go to class or work.

one time I took a 1/3rd of a gram of mushrooms along with ginkgo biloba, theanine, ginseng, noopept, and choline.

I felt about 3x the effects I thought I would probably due to combining it with all those things.

I was in class and I had to give a presentation on a painting I did and I kept laughing at how much it didn't matter what I was even saying at all lol

my eyes were certainly functioning differently, my vision seemed sharper and colors seemed brighter, and there seemed to be slight breathing happening to stuff that was really saturated in color.