• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms improved my well-being - What effect have they had on you?

cyniclove

Greenlighter
I have social anxiety disorder.
Mushrooms helped me realize the imperfections in other people, which in return boosted my confidence.

I am more open, less shy.
Usually being the one-word-responder, I find myself conversing with people. Even starting the conversation.

Thank you mushrooms for making me less of a wallflower.

I have depression.
Mushrooms helped me spiritually--I find myself not dwelling, making the most of situations, and just being optimistic. period.
I've read about studies that mushrooms help with depression.

Has anyone been affected like this?

Yes! Similarly anyway. It was another psychedelic that helped me to not be depressed, because when I first had mushrooms, I wasn't depressed yet (that came later after some life changes).

Mushrooms helped me spiritually in a massive way though. It was a spiritual awakening for me. I was raised Christian but found it to be full of contradictions and hypocrisy so I decided I was atheist. Then I tried mushrooms and had a life-changing experience where I was awakened to the nature of reality, like waking up from a dream. Here is a link to the experience.

That trip has remained with me every day of my life since... 7 years ago. I've tripped a lot since then on many different things, and within those I've had 2 other trips as influential to my development. The result has been fantastic. I've come to understand how to make what I want to happen in my life happen. I've learned how to be open with myself and others and communicate effectively. I've come to an understanding about the universe and my place in it and the love we all share. Life seems more beautiful every day. :)

I changed the thread title a bit to stimulate conversation and change this into a topic.

Yes yes yes.
Your experience is seriously equivalent to mine. I couldn't of described it any of it better.
The religion I was raised into and believed my whole life suddenly cracked under the doubt and logic of my shroomed out self.
From Catholic to Atheist.
That's powerful.

It really is like waking up from a dream.
Everything just sort of made sense.
Everything fell into place.
I realized who I am and where I am going.

Mushrooms have really profound effects spiritually.
I felt renewed.

I know Hitler did speed, but I wish he did mushrooms. Or something.

Yes, I agree. :) Mushrooms are the most spiritually profound substance I have used. I trip quite a bit at this point (I didn't for years, but I have become much more comfortable with them and myself as I've gotten older), but I haven't used mushrooms in like 3 years now. I'm due for a mushroom trip soon, I think. My wife is almost ready to trip for her first time, and we may use mushrooms.

Mushrooms for me turned me from someone who was carefree about health and drug use, to a full blown hypochondriac, anxiety attack freak... the hallucinations were fun though ;)
Never doing them again... I ate an 8th my 2nd time, I basically had no clue what the hell was going on, and I had much experience with high dose dxm trips before, so this one freaked me out, RESPECT THE MUSHROOMS.

Yes! Similarly anyway. It was another psychedelic that helped me to not be depressed, because when I first had mushrooms, I wasn't depressed yet (that came later after some life changes).

Mushrooms helped me spiritually in a massive way though. It was a spiritual awakening for me. I was raised Christian but found it to be full of contradictions and hypocrisy so I decided I was atheist. Then I tried mushrooms and had a life-changing experience where I was awakened to the nature of reality, like waking up from a dream. Here is a link to the experience.

That trip has remained with me every day of my life since... 7 years ago. I've tripped a lot since then on many different things, and within those I've had 2 other trips as influential to my development. The result has been fantastic. I've come to understand how to make what I want to happen in my life happen. I've learned how to be open with myself and others and communicate effectively. I've come to an understanding about the universe and my place in it and the love we all share. Life seems more beautiful every day. :)

I changed the thread title a bit to stimulate conversation and change this into a topic.

wow, all that on only 1.75 g's, you've got quite the low tolerance, or maybe some really powerful mushies haha.

the first trip i had was on 2 grams of shrooms and it was the hardest i have ever tripped (aside from first ayahuasca experience), now i can eat a couple 1/8's and not get the same effect. psychedelics are never the same once youve 'had your cherry popped' by a decent dose. in fact after my first trip i think all others were kinda superflous (sp?). not to say i still dont love em :)

loved that trip report xorkoth, thanks.

mushrooms lifted me out of a lifelong depression that I didn't know I was in. mushrooms opened up the world of Buddhism to me, and has changed nearly everything about me- positively -forever.

and the result, you see in my username ;)

Shrooms helped me:

Improve my confidence
See myself and others in a different perspective
Notice things that i would never
Love nature
Realise things
Feel the connection
Aprreciate things alot more in life

Ive been on a heavy psychedelic regimine for the last few months. No mushrooms yet, but it wont be long

I've had alot of anxiety as well for the last couple years which has been eroded generously since I started this regimine.

I feel like Im on the greener side of fence, Ive been happier, more carefree, more willing to try new things. I just feel better in general

whewwwww that link was intense man... what a fucking trip

wow, all that on only 1.75 g's, you've got quite the low tolerance, or maybe some really powerful mushies haha.

Well I'd never tripped before, and yeah, they were really powerful too. I don't think they were cubensis now that I have had more experience... they looked a bit different.

Ive been on a heavy psychedelic regimine for the last few months. No mushrooms yet, but it wont be long

I've had alot of anxiety as well for the last couple years which has been eroded generously since I started this regimine.

I feel like Im on the greener side of fence, Ive been happier, more carefree, more willing to try new things. I just feel better in general

Just make sure that at some point you work on learning how to cultivate this state of mind without a heavy psychedelic regime... take it from me, who has had a period of two years of a heavy psychedelic regime. At some point the drugs will become drugs and hinder your progress. You'll need to learn how to maintain this state without external help. Just a tip. :)

Here is a link to the experience.

Wow!

Just read your report and it sounds eerily similar to my mushroom experience. I did them the first time in my dorm room, but only ate a tiny dose. Even a tiny dose changed my life, but my 3rd time doing shrooms sound just like yours! A friend and I ate like 2g's in the woods with a fire and some music going. We smoked, then sat there listening to a spoken word Jim Morrison album. Like you, we lost the ability to verbally communicate. The most we could muster was, "ung, uhh?, ahhh."

Your trip report actually reveals more of my trip to myself! <3

Good to hear... that's part of the reason I wrote it. :) Plus re-reading my reports helps to reveal more about them to me as well.

Mushrooms are a really spiritual substance which deserve our respect.

The last time I dosed, I had roughly 4g's (dried), I also IV'd some K on the come up. The 4 hour peak passed by, and the whole time, I was incapacitated. Completely. Didn't really expect it to be like that, seeing as the K itself wasn't that intense. The combo was killer; be careful mixing K and shrooms.

This.

make sure that at some point you work on learning how to cultivate this state of mind without a heavy psychedelic regime... At some point the drugs will become drugs and hinder your progress. You'll need to learn how to maintain this state without external help.

And this.

Mushrooms plug me directly into the primal/animal/sexual nature of my being. Whereas on LSD I feel as if I'm a god visiting earth, on mushrooms I feel like an ancient beast who wants to run through the forest, roll in the dirt, and sex wiminz. :D

Mushrooms plug me directly into the primal/animal/sexual nature of my being. Whereas on LSD I feel as if I'm a god visiting earth, on mushrooms I feel like an ancient beast who wants to run through the forest, roll in the dirt, and sex wiminz. :D

better keep yourself caged up during said trips 8o

Shrooms removed the veil that blocked my view of a spiritual side to life. Before, one particular special trip, I was completely atheistic. After this, I believed in a spiritual realm, but not specific religion or dieties. It also helped me to reconcile myself the dualist nature of the world so that it no longer troubled me so much, and I haven't really gotten depressed over that side of things since.