Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms for grim migraines

Muzda Jonxx

Bluelighter
Hi all,

In soon to be setting about one of my shroom growing projects.

I've read about success using shrooms for severe headaches and migraines, but I know no details. Medical journals are all very well, but if possible I'd like some info from you folk on the front line. So, Does anyone have any experience with this..? I get killer headaches once in a while (got one now), the only thing I can do to get rid of them is sleep it off. So, it would be a right bonus if I could use psilocybin as medicine as well as a teacher.

I had migraines every day for years, no doctor could figure out why. Got all kinds of tests done. Psilocybin and LSD did not help me, although I have heard of others finding relief. In fact I was usually left with a worse migraine the day after ingesting those. One day I smoked DMT for the first time and when I came to, I noticed my head didn't hurt anymore. Keep in mind this is after 3 years of a migraine every single day, ranging from moderate to extremely severe. Anyways something changed in my head that day and I never get migraines for no reason anymore. I still get mild ones once in a while, but they are always due to overexertion, heat, dehydration, shitty food, etc. So that's something to look into. Literally saved my life, it's pretty unbelievable. I don't need to use it on an as-needed basis, it was just that one breakthrough trip that did the trick for my migraines.

Interesting.. Maybe I need to extract some DMT aswell, it's been a while since I visited the elves! :D

I did used to use DMT through opiate wd, and found it a magnificent pain killer and mood elevator.

Your story kind of confirmed what I suspected, that it would very much different strokes for different folks. I guess I can give it a try and see what occurs. I've no idea what a useful dose would be. Tripping with a migraine wouldn't be too pleasant.

I have had daily migraines for about six months now. I really would like to try mushrooms as a cure but I read somewhere that those treat cluster headaches and not migraines.

Things I have found that help to reduce frequency and intensity of migraines:
Diet changes
Spirulina
Magnesium
Vitamin B Complex
Grape Seed Extract
Fish Oil

I would rather go the natural way then take anything prescribed by a doctor but that's just me.

I had migraines every day for years, no doctor could figure out why. Got all kinds of tests done. Psilocybin and LSD did not help me, although I have heard of others finding relief. In fact I was usually left with a worse migraine the day after ingesting those. One day I smoked DMT for the first time and when I came to, I noticed my head didn't hurt anymore. Keep in mind this is after 3 years of a migraine every single day, ranging from moderate to extremely severe. Anyways something changed in my head that day and I never get migraines for no reason anymore. I still get mild ones once in a while, but they are always due to overexertion, heat, dehydration, shitty food, etc. So that's something to look into. Literally saved my life, it's pretty unbelievable. I don't need to use it on an as-needed basis, it was just that one breakthrough trip that did the trick for my migraines.

That's a wild story

I have had daily migraines for about six months now. I really would like to try mushrooms as a cure but I read somewhere that those treat cluster headaches and not migraines.

Things I have found that help to reduce frequency and intensity of migraines:
Diet changes
Spirulina
Magnesium
Vitamin B Complex
Grape Seed Extract
Fish Oil

I would rather go the natural way then take anything prescribed by a doctor but that's just me.
Me too! Cheers for the list of supplements, I'm a recent convert to the power of these things.

Extraordinary Bluuberry :) .. I know a friend who started taking LSD for his migraines instead of sumatriptan and discovered that LSD is pretty damn awesome in general.. It definitely works for some types of migraine / headache, but I guess not all..

I have suffered from cluster migraines for the past 12 years and have first hand experience with using shrooms with success for breaking a cluster cycle.

I would take a good dose to break the cluster and then a very light dose .5 to 1g every few days until they were gone.

I personally don't have it in me to take any psychedelics at the moment besides cannabis.

I have over the years been prescribed everything possible for migraines/headaches accept botox.

I prefer cocaine for treatment, I really feel that the problem is in my nose and cocaine can instantly kill a migraine, lidocaine helps but it is not as effective for terminating the problem.

I haven't had a cycle in over a year and I say this knocking on wood because every time I think I'm free, bam.

There was a couple years when I was dealing with other medical issues that nearly drove me off a cliff.

Great resource for migraine/headache sufferers:
https://clusterbusters.org/forums/

I have suffered from cluster migraines for the past 12 years and have first hand experience with using shrooms with success for breaking a cluster cycle.

I would take a good dose to break the cluster and then a very light dose .5 to 1g every few days until they were gone.

I personally don't have it in me to take any psychedelics at the moment besides cannabis.

I have over the years been prescribed everything possible for migraines/headaches accept botox.

I prefer cocaine for treatment, I really feel that the problem is in my nose and cocaine can instantly kill a migraine, lidocaine helps but it is not as effective for terminating the problem.

I haven't had a cycle in over a year and I say this knocking on wood because every time I think I'm free, bam.

There was a couple years when I was dealing with other medical issues that nearly drove me off a cliff.

Great resource for migraine/headache sufferers:
https://clusterbusters.org/forums/
Awesome, thanks. I'm lucky in that the heartaches I get aren't in the same league as cluster migraines. They're still pretty horrible, I don't know what the proper term would be. Starts off with hallucinations of pinwheel fireworks and lightening all over my vision. Sometimes I actually go a strange kind of blind, it's like I can see the colours of what's in front of me but my brain can't decipher the signals. Then my neck goes all stiff, and then the pain like shards of glass in my brain until I eventually fall asleep.

I'm going to give this a go when I get my funguys to grow, hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones.

Seeing that it isn't a constant thing you might want to give oxygen therapy a try.

On that forum I linked there are many posts on making an oxygen rig and seeing that you only get them once and a whole a small tank would last you.

I found it too expensive at the rate I was going but many people respond to oxygen like how my clusters respond to cocaine.

What strain are you going with for the shrooms?

Seeing that it isn't a constant thing you might want to give oxygen therapy a try.

On that forum I linked there are many posts on making an oxygen rig and seeing that you only get them once and a whole a small tank would last you.

I found it too expensive at the rate I was going but many people respond to oxygen like how my clusters respond to cocaine.

What strain are you going with for the shrooms?
I'm only am amateur grower so my only real option is cubes. I'm good enough at it to grow a fairly large pile though.

Never heard about oxygen therapy. Might be worth a shot. As you say, I'm lucky that I only get these headaches 2 - 3 times a month. Never found a consistent cause for it.

Cubes are the species - the strain would be like the variety of cubensis. ;)

That's a wild story

Man you have no idea. I was stating it really lightly in that post because I've told the story a lot and it can get pretty tangential. But I seriously was to the point of missing work for up to a month at a time because I was in so much pain. some days I wouldn't even be able to open my eyes, just lay in bed with a cloth over my eyes all day writhing in pain. It was seriously a life of misery and I basically couldn't make friends or do much for myself at all because everything hurt, just to look at, to think. Every fucking day, as soon as I woke up, for 3 years. It started out pretty bad one day and just got worse and worse, I never got a day of relief and my whole life was ruled by me feeling like shit.

It was like the ultimate cosmic joke when I took a massive rip for my first time (didn't measure, probably smoked like 100mg. Can't recommend it honestly but it is what happened, truth be told); and when I came out of that fractal-jewel-palace, my 3 year ordeal was over. With no real explanation. I went back and the elves just had a good laugh at me and sent me on my way. It took a month or two for me to realize that it was really over and I could now live a normal life. I suffered so much those 3 years and all I needed was a single toke of DMT!? WTF?! I'm just grateful I eventually found a cure, some people live their whole lives with that pain. People who haven't had daily migraines just don't understand the toll it starts to take on your life, where everything is a massive fucking burden, and just saying "Hello" is a huge tax on oneself. I've talked to other migraine sufferers who found relief in DMT too, so I hope word gets out more.

Last edited:
High five for a deemster induced migraine free life brobro!!!

As far as being on topic, I think the idea is to take a full on dose and not have them happen anymore, rather than taking a small dose when you actually have a migraine. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that.

Oh, I too have heard really really good results from some people using oxygen therapy. I was just starting to look into that when the elves saved me.