View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom "Extract"?

HannahCannibal

Greenlighter
Recently I acquired a half gram of white powder that I was told was shroom extract. Of course, I was skeptical, but I ate a small amount off the tip of my finger. It was tasteless & my pupils dilated minutes after ingestion. I got a body buzz that felt like it could be shrooms for about an hour & closed eye visuals occured 2 or 3 hours after ingestion.

Anyone else have experience w/ shroom extract? Did what you had sound similar & what doses did you find to be effective?

Whoever told you that was most likely telling a half truth/lie. What you have is probably any one of several tryptamine research chemicals that have basically the same effects as shrooms. 4-ACO-DMT, 4-HO-MIPT, 4-HO-MET, etc.

Did you notice and "speedy" type of effects too? Because synthetic Mescaline can be white powder and you saying that you had cev's 2-3hrs after ingestion which Mesc take approx 2hrs to hit the peak.

Easy on the speculation guys, we're not here to discuss what the substance night be...

Get it tested professionally.

I'd bet it's some synthetic tryptamine but you can't tell without getting it tested properly.

Easy on the speculation guys, we're not here to discuss what the substance night be...

With respect- What are we supposed to discuss then? To my knowledge, powder psilocybin extract is not something that exists. Alcohol extractions are possible, but not as a dry powder.

Yeah actually I think most what can be said has been said. To summarize tho:

No, forget about actual mushroom extractions - they are a pain in the ass and have practical issues that rarely make the product pretty to look at. Cactus extractions are also not so common, but cactus is terrible to eat so there is incentive, and also mescaline can be crystallized / purified without psilo's problems.

4-HO-DMT powder (synthetic) does exist, but it is a pretty rare thing.

Making mushrooms extract is silly, and only for the collectors / enthousiasts... other than that it is logical to get something like 4-HO-MET instead.

Beyond this there is only speculation. Asking whether others have had mushroom extract is not necessarily fruitful... I'm pretty sure people are commonly sold various things as 'mushroom extract', so nothings says that you would be talking about the same drug.

Any other questions from the thread starter?

Yeah, what you have is most likely a synthetic tryptamine, a close relative to psilocybin/psilocin. It's possible to synthesize psilocin or psilocybin but there are other easier/cheaper things to make that are just fine to substitute. The only way to know is to send it in to a lab.