View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shroom Blackout

metalfan3690

Greenlighter
Ok this might sound hard to believe, but this story is 100% truth and i want to know why if one can help:

Me and 2 friends split a 1/4 (rough 2.3 each) and we were smoking regs (weed). 20 miniutes in i felt the trip, strong too. Ive done lsd and some RCs so i know it should take at least an hour to kick in. Well the first few hours were good. My friend stopped at a liqur store and me and the 2 who were shroomin got out. My friend said somethin bout his pupils, then i said "these cars are freaking me the fuck out" and my friend then said my puplis went from nothing to my whole eye and then i blacked out. My friends (total of 4, 2 shrooming) said they though i was dead. 2 minutes later i awoke but had no clue about anything, not where i lived, if i had money, who i was, and i asked these questions multiply times. It took me 20-30 minutes before i was straight again.

this was not a bad trip, i had no "warnings" of this. I have no clue and cant find out anything. I have had alot on my mind but i wasnt thinkin too hard on it at the time (know a bad trip can be triggered). Does anyone have answers to why this happened?

I have blacked out on psilocybe mushrooms probably 4-5 times in exactly the same manner as described (no warning, out cold for 2 minutes, woke up completely confused).

Has never happened to me on anything else, which would include many many substances many many times. Somethin about psilocybin doesn't agree with my brain.

It's happened once to me & it was somewhat less than pleasant. However this was on high dose, so I just took less after that.

Happened to a friend of mine on 40g fresh, he was freaking out and going in and out of consciousness.

I believe it happens to most of us. I remember a night that I dosed 7g(dry), started trippin', but decided I wanted to push the envelope. I ate another 3.5g, which I thought couldn't hurt. All I can recall after that is waking up on the couch, not realizing that I was trippin', looked in the droor where my bud was, found the last 3.5g(I had a half oz total that night), and ate it. I was in and out of consciousness for about 13 hours after that. It was a very productive trip, I just wish I could remember more of it than I do.

I believe it, I blacked out when I mixed 4-aco-DMT and mushrooms. Tryptamines can get very intense like that. Thats why I like to do them in very safe environments (quiet patch of meadow in the sunlight or my home).

Its happened to me once, 5.25 grams dry on my second time trying them, except I think I was out for a long time, at least an hour. But I woke up on the floor of my room half naked with no idea who I was or what anything else was.

ive blacked out on 2.5 grams of mushrooms for ~6 hours, remembering short little bits of very weird shit. this was also my first trip ever, what an introduction to psychedelics haha

This happened to me on 4-aco-dmt, as I said in a previous thread. I was just wondering, before you guys blacked out was your vision strange - for me it was like red and pixlated and hearing was muffled.

You're description is exactly how hypotension occurs in me. Red and black (sometimes some shimmery ones in the mix) grid of squares, kinda like digital tv not receiving the signal correctly with a checker board over laid over top. My ears feel sorta warm and then sound gets muffled, and I get dizzy. Pretty much just like you described.

Recently I've been takin heroic doses of penis envy and golden teacher shrooms I started with 9 grams and then 17 grams all were dried the trip was perspective no complaints but about 20 minutes after the trip starts I begin to black out more like nodding out on heroin the blackout only lasts 5-15 minutes n then when I come back everything is super triply way more than before this will happen about three times throughout the trip and also I believe in higher doses the trip last much longer 10-12 hours not sure because I nevewr counted but it sure seems that way
I also take Paxil lithium carbonate triliptal adderal and ambien which none seem to have any effect on the trip I will post more as I trip more I've got over 56 grams so I'll have plenty to post thanks guys

By the way guys I am extremely exapeirience with shrooms and many rcs

Last edited:
You take five strongly psychoactive drugs claiming they have no effect and then take 9 and then 17 grams of shrooms and are wondering why you're blacking out...?

It's called taking too much drugs dude, that's your problem, Jesus.

You take five strongly psychoactive drugs claiming they have no effect and then take 9 and then 17 grams of shrooms and are wondering why you're blacking out...?

It's called taking too much drugs dude, that's your problem, Jesus.

You seriously think so I've been on these drugs for many years and have done mang drugs including 2c-b 2c- 25c-nbome 25i-nbome 4-aco-dmt 2c-e dmt extacy meth adderal all benzos heroin and all pain pills and of course weed and I've never had any issues at all not a single on so that'd be hella weird if mushrooms was the cause I thought it was just because of the high dose of shrooms at 17 grams

They definetly don't effect the trip I just black out as if I was on heroin 2-3 times

IMG_7517.JPG Idk if y'all can see the image but it's 56+ grams of shrooms

Last edited:
I'm saying there's no way it doesn't affect the trip in any way, whether you can feel it or not.

About the blacking out, that is a common occurrence with high dosages of psychedelics, too high of dosages. Calm it down dude, that much is totally unnecessary.

I'm saying there's no way it doesn't affect the trip in any way, whether you can feel it or not.

About the blacking out, that is a common occurrence with high dosages of psychedelics, too high of dosages. Calm it down dude, that much is totally unnecessary.
Yea I agree I'm sure it affects it somehow where I notice it or not and yea that's what I figured about the blacking out to high a dose equals black out and yea I agree no more than 7 grams dried is nessCery anything more is askin to black out I just love doin high doses

Allow it. Your consciousness is getting mechanically rebooted when this happens. On high dose trips I noticed that riding the tide and letting the drug take me out of consciousness let's me wake up to a completely new identity

Allow it. Your consciousness is getting mechanically rebooted when this happens. On high dose trips I noticed that riding the tide and letting the drug take me out of consciousness let's me wake up to a completely new identity

I completely agree it's as if being reborn wheather you notice it or not your mind is being altered for the better and hopefully not the worse I have sever ptsd and that's why I use shrooms so often and in large doses at times they taken away the pain and lessen the ptsd I truest believe that and if others tryed so would they just some people are more sensitive than others

this is strictly dose dependent
I have had it happen on weed alone!
One evening in 1972 outside a Chinese food restaurant, we smoked in my cousin's VW bug then entered the restaurant with our appetites raging... when my food came I did a face plant right in the chow mein!
This upset my gang, who took control and asked the waiter for it to be all packed up to go
Somehow I surfaced for a few seconds - figured out what was happening, and wanted to help pay but lost consciousness again with my hand coming out of my pocket - I just threw money on the floor and collapsed again slumping in my chair.

Things stopped spinning on the way back to the car in the cold air of the night.

This (not the public restaurant thing) also happens very frequently on salvia, and it will happen on any psychedelic when you get more than you need.

you cannot ride it and stay conscious - and you cannot resist it either once it starts. You just have to recover with as much dignity as possible and dose more gently next time.