PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irisdescence

Bluelighter
I've done LSD once, shrooms twice. First shrooms trip was fun, confusing, refreshing. Then I did LSD--horrible trip, did it alone in my room, felt trapped but like I couldn't go anywhere because I was so out of it, trapped in my life, had lots of unresolved issues, etc. Third trip was 4 days ago, an eighth of shrooms alone in a state park at night in the darkness. It was confusing, nauseating, overpowering, and enlightening.

I'm going to an event with a DJ I absolutely love tomorrow. I've never done psychedelics at a music event, although I've done MDMA a few times.

So my question is this-

Is it worth it to do a little bit of acid, like a hit or less? What would it do to the experience of the music? I still have a lot of issues I'm trying to work through and reconcile, but I'm tempted to do it.

Of course I'm going with a friend (girl) who told me not to and it would worry her the whole night, so I probably won't anyway: \. Just considering it.

take 1 hit of acid and then ~+4 take .100g of molly. You'll be set for any sort of dance party.

Going to be doing MDMA in a couple weeks so I can't do it right now. Just curious about people's experiences with acid at music events.

Like most acid experiences you have to go with what your intuition tells you. There are always a lot of variables with psychedelics, which your mind may or may not exacerbate. The fact that your friend doesn't want you to drop, for example.

I personally LOVE dancing on acid, more so than dancing on MDMA, even. I've had fantastic experiences at parties dancing for hours and hours and hours. But I've also taken acid at an indy show, against my intuition, and had a really disappointing experience. No one was dancing, terrible atmosphere, I ended up leaving early.

^ maybe you shoulda dosed everyones drinks with a super soaker ;)

Read up on "set & setting" (use the search facility provided) then decide for yourself - from what you've described to so far I'd be erring on the side of caution & just sticking with the mdma

Haha yeah when I was in the woods on shrooms the other night I was listening to music and dancing...I LOVED it, and that was despite being lost and confused and scared lol. It just made me feel so smooth and otherworldly. Definitely liked it more than dancing on MDMA, very different. That's why I'm so tempted to try it at an actual music event.

Going from my experiences...

The setting during a trip is pretty damn important. As is mindset, but external stimuli have a great effect on mindset, and psychedelics potentiate this effect. Being a) by yourself and b) inside, especially in not the most spacious of indoor places, aren't very ideal conditions. I tend to feel the need to socialize and be outdoors when I do it. Indoors wasn't terrible as long as I didn't stay inside for more than 45 minutes straight (going outside for cig breaks/a little fresh air for around 15 minutes each time kept me afloat) and I was with around 3-7 other people. Being inside for longer gave me a feeling of claustrophobia and that the air in the room felt stuffy, and being in a public place with too many other people around made me feel awkward. These anxiety-borne feelings can fade away as you become more "experienced" and accustomed to and comfortable with the effects of the drug. But everyone has a different personality and this might not fully relate to you.
Anyway, back to the set-and-setting thing, if you're about to fall off the deep end, changing the setting is probably the easiest thing to do. Mindset can be trickier, but music can work well for that. A combination of both is nicer. Try to catch yourself before you end up in a nasty thought loop though or else you'll be helpless and really fucked. It might take around an hour to fully readjust as it's a gradual but sure process. The mood of the trip will still be significantly altered, but not necessarily in a bad way overall.

Last edited:
Good point about the being inside part. I really dislike tripping inside, but when I'm outside I never feel like I'm far enough away from the public to really let go. Quite a dilemma...gotta find somewhere completely abandoned I suppose:p. I like tripping alone, so it's hard to look out for myself and have a good trip.

Oops, I was editing the post while you read it. Having to use on-screen keyboard didn't really help the timeliness.

Anyway, I suspect if you candy flipped it'd be hard not to have a good time.

The thing I wonder about candyflipping is you don't take the MDMA until at least 4 hours into your trip, right?

So if you're having a bad experience before that, it might turn good when you start rolling, but it's still bad before that. I want to candyflip but like I said I'm rolling in a couple weeks so I'm not going to do it now.

The thing I wonder about candyflipping is you don't take the MDMA until at least 4 hours into your trip, right?

So if you're having a bad experience before that, it might turn good when you start rolling, but it's still bad before that. I want to candyflip but like I said I'm rolling in a couple weeks so I'm not going to do it now.

Ive taken MDMA about 30 minutes after lsd and the effects lasted for 14 hours. It was amazing the whole time, not acid but not mdma heavy visuals

id say if you do take a half hit (and reup later if needed). but if your going to be with someone who will be freaking out the whole time that could really fuck with your buzz. id say just take molly, a combo, or nothing.

Unfortunately the girl I'm going with thinks acid is the worst thing ever for you: \, unlike ecstasy, which is safe and fun! (lol) So I think she'd be worried about me the whole time or freaked out, which would affect me. Ah well. Good old alcohol will have to do. Can't wait until I have a chance to do it at a concert. I really need to learn to control myself better on psychedelics first though lol. I always have one point or another where I melt down or freak out.

Yeah i think going with your intuition on this is the best idea. Your friend condemning the drug will automatically put a negative vibe on you when your around her, which will spiral and no doubt make the experience unpleasant.

I think you just need to take a smaller dose of acid. Low dose acid is an entirely different animal to high dose acid - more furry and cuddly :)

Try taking half or less of the dose that frightened you.

Status
Not open for further replies.