• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I trip if I have to talk with my parents for an hour?

Vexanize

Bluelighter
I'm taking 200ug at 8am today and was wondering how I'd react to talking to parents on lsd. I'm an experienced user but I'm paranoid that the trip will bring out my social anxiety and they'll notice I'm tripping. Please help lmao

get out,
you might do 25 or 50 mics and get away with it.

Bet lmao what time should the effects wear off I haven't done a low dose in a while

it makes little difference except to say that you have easy access to lsd and still live at home,
not that either is a bad thing, but you need to apply discretion in what you do as life progresses.

we are not just using psychedelics, here, we are an example to others as regards using lsd (etc.) and this reflects back upon us in not so subtle ways: such as in affecting evidence presentable (all of Blue Light is evidence) while trying to change legislation which currently puts access into the black market.

Are you interested in the idea of harm reduction?

I'm trying to make peace with my soul and share my experiences to make sure other people don't make the same mistakes I've done to get to this psychedelic phase. I don't like it much and I don't want to spread it I just want to be safe while in the process. I'm interested in psychedelic studies and being safe with them.

I'm interested in psychedelic studies and being safe with them.

Trying to talk to your parents while tripping on 200 micrograms of LSD despite being worried that they'll notice (which, yes, they most likely will) ≠ "being safe with psychedelics". I think people have conducted enough self-studies to ascertain that fact over the years.

Last edited:
"!=" means not equal

so Hodor says no to talking with your parents while on acid (specifically 200mics)

"!=" means not equal

so Hodor says no to talking with your parents while on acid (specifically 200mics)

Exactly.
Edited my post and replaced the "!=" with an "≠" to prevent any potential misunderstandings :)

It's pretty much always going to be a bad idea to do drugs if you know that you are going be worried that someone is going to notice that you're on them. This is especially true for psychedelics and I would say probably especially true when it's your parents that you are worried about.

I would venture to say also that if you know you have social anxiety and you still live with your parents it's probably not the smartest idea to take LSD anyway, although my younger self would not have listened to this advice.

The first time I dropped acid I was 14, it was a very strong window pane you could split in 4 and still tripping balls for 12 hours, and I took a whole one. When I came back home at T= 7h, I was still very high and mom became very suspicious when I hug her tight telling how I loved her soooo much. I gladly admitted being high, went on raving about how fantastic LSD was and tried to convince her to have a trip. Needless to say she firmly declined, not in a polite or kind manner to say the least… To her credit, that happened in 1972, at the height of anti-psychedelic drug propaganda.

She sent me to bed (I had school next day) and I discovered COVs in my dark and silent bedroom (thanks mom!). A few hours later, after she went to bed and was sleeping soundly with the help of seconal and valium, I quietly went in the dark living room to listen to Hendrix and Pink Floyd with headphones till dawn.

It was a 100% positive trip, I learned a great deal about myself, the others and life in general. I didn’t cared at all being punished, it was a low cost for such an extraordinary experiment. But mom worried a lot and her barbiturate use spiked for a while. Sorry about it mom! Still love you!

Tripping with your parents is at your own risks. Unless they are old hippies still very open mindeded, the shit can hit the fan.

If your worried about it then it's most likely a bad idea. I've done it many times personally though on many different psychedelics. If I cared enough my mom wouldn't notice most times. One time a few hours after taking 3mgs of DOC she supposed me by taking me to lunch. I later told her I was tripping and she said she couldn't really tell. She thought I was possibly a little stoned but that's it. YMMV!

Why do you need to be on LSzd for this discussion? Cant you simply postpone your use until you have no priorities?

If you cannot, drug use and real life will get more difficult as you get older. Just get high after the discussion or the next day etc.