• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Should I take valium sublingual when I have full stomach??

A full stomach has no bearing on sublingual administration as it bypasses first pass metabolism. Even if you were taking it orally, food does not affect benzodiazepine absorption.

So basically I just ate like 2 burgers and some fatty noodles on top of a half sandwich....lol yea "kinda" a big meall

I usually get a slight buzz and I personally do get euphoria as I have aniexty. 10mg on an empty stomach gives me a very very nice feeling. I have one 10mg left and I don't want to waste it after eating all that....should I take it sublingual??

^ It completely skips going through your stomach and GI tract through the sublingual route. So why not.

when you have a full stomach, you should definitely us the SL route (under your tongue) . it kicks in very quick, can feel effects in 10mins, and wahtever doesnt get absorbed under your tongue will eventually be swallowed and absprbed in the GI tract

OP hasn't logged on in over 5 years bro
I wonder if it worked too. lol I think I remember reading this back then and wondering. It may be one of the posts that started me thanking people for updates. Updates are way helpful and are pinnacle.

I still think that is a good question. Sublingual probably works on a full stomach. I am always weary of sublingual. A few times I felt I wasted a pill I should have eaten. It could be my own resistance to it though. Because of course it absorbs effectively under the tongue.

I know for me I always take things on an empty and then eat a little something about a half hour after to get the digestion going. That is my ritual with anything.

Last edited: