• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Should I cook heroin on the spoon or not?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I've tried researching it and I'm getting mixed answers. Some say only cook black tar heroin, others say cook all heroin. Whenever I mix my heroin (#3 brown) with citric acid and water on the spoon I get floating brown pieces of what I'm assuming is either the cut or undissolved heroin. I usually heat it up with a lighter (I try not to let it bubble at all though. If I see even a single bubble I stop) to help dissolve a little more into the water, but recently I feel like my shots have been pretty weak. This shouldn't be the case because I took a break for over a month...is there a chance heating the heroin actually destroying some of it and making it weaker?

Yeah, don't cook it. Heroin should dissolve pretty good in water (+ citric acid) . If you heat it the cuts etc will dissolve too and maybe some of your heroin degrades.

Heroin will dissolve in room temp water (with citric in your case) just beautifully everything else is just not Heroin. My opinion based on virtually no evidence is that the purity is low with this lot mate

You can go like tuco's' advice

Another idea, 2 steps procedure

1) dissolve the dope in warm water
2) suck the solution in the syringe
then
3) clean the spoon from the leftover cut
4) drop again the solution in the spoon and this time make it hot

You can go like tuco's' advice

Another idea, 2 steps procedure

1) dissolve the dope in warm water
2) suck the solution in the syringe
then
3) clean the spoon from the leftover cut
4) drop again the solution in the spoon and this time make it hot
Seems counterproductive. If the heroin is already dissolved in the syringe why should it be heated again? It seems like it'd just destroy a little more heroin than was already in the syringe to begin with. (Not trying to be rude, genuinely curious)

Always cook. First of all, do you not want those little chunks sitting in the bottom of your spoon into beautiful heroin? Secondly, heating it sterilises the water.

Drop dope in spoon-heat-draw dope up-lick the length of the needle, to the tip-inject.

Another great reason to heat is that it will kill off any bacteria in the fit when it is drawn up into the barrel.Those pesky bacteria like to get anywhere, but if you cook your gear first you should be fine.
But there are so many things wrong with that. First, heating it to the point if sterilizing it (boiling) would destroy most of the heroin. Also, licking the needle induces way more bacteria that if not licked.

in the uk we get H3 u have to cook it with an acid or it will never dissolve into the water. try adding a bit more citric, if its still there then its cut and nothing will get rid of it, some gear can need alot of cit and some hardly any, if is weak either its shit or your not dissolving it properly. half a exchange sachet should be plenty for 1 hit. i hope ive answered your question.

Well pharmaceutical grade diacetylmorphine has a boiling point of 523°F, now this could change based on purity or bth, and normal bic lighters burn at about 3,500°F, so even though its indirect heat, I would say yeah, you're probably burning offf some of the active ingredient.

- Hopeless Soul

Gosh so many incomplete answers in this thread that I don't know where to start. Okay assuming you have only street h, a spoon, water, lighter, appropriate syringe (27to31g), cotton.

Take your h and mash it up inside the bag. If unmashable inside the bag then just leave it. Take your spoon and set on a flat surface.. Preferably on a paper towel or napkin of some sort so that it doesn't tip over.
Next, take some water and put it in a pot on the stove (draw up the water once it's boiling into your rig, about 80 to 100 units worth)
Put the syringe aside (capped) and add the preweighed(!!!) amount of h to the spoon.
Add citric if necessary.
Add your prepared, still hot, water into the spoon and mix.
It may take sometime but if left uninterrupted and then mixed in 1 to 2 min intervals it should go into solution fairly easily.
Plop in your cotton and draw it up as usual once there are no remaining floating solids in the spoon and proceed as usual.

Note : do not heat the spoon directly at any point, it's extremely counterproductive to the entire procedure

Pm me if any specific questions or difficulty and good luck everyone!

You should never heat the heroin or the water in the spoon. Heating it only allows the cuts and impurities to dissolve into the mixture. If you do decide to heat it, let it cool before drawing into syringe to allow the cuts and impurities to re-form into particles too large to pass through your filter.
In order for the water in your spoon to reach a point of sterility it would have to be boiled for 15 minutes continuously to kill bacteria, and doing so would only release any contaminates into the water. As always. If you feel it necessary to heat the water, be sure to let it cool before using to allow any contaminates to re-form into pieces too large to pass through a filter.
Heroin is 100% water soluble. If it isn't, it only requires citric to help the dissolving process. Heat is unnecessary and causes more harm than good, as well as causing a loss of product.
Of course, all of these issues could be prevented by using sterile water and micron filters.
NEVER lick your needle! Thats old junkie lore and will result in more problems than any that could result from contaminates in your water or dope.
Boiling or heating your gear or water is pointless and only increases the chance of harm. If it doesnt dissolve with warm water (even cold water if you're patient) and citric if necessary, it isnt even something you want in your body and will likely harm more than help.
Check out the IV megathread for more info.

I just read the OP's post, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything that's already been said.

First of all, it's not ideal to cook dope in a spoon (but fuck, what junky hasn't used a spoon-I used to not only use a spoon, but I'd use spoons that appealed to me aesthetically as well, ridiculous I know), make sure it's as clean as possible. It's better (if you're going to use heat), to use one of those little metal cookers that they give out at needle exchanges and come in little baggies. IF you don't have access to that though, sterilize the spoon to the best of your ability.

Second, to everyone here, we all got to get this straight, yes it's better not to cook heroin, but people will always cook dope, no matter what. For one thing, people that have access only to black tar heroin, almost always cook their dope a little bit, because depending on the dope, it can take a long fucking time to break down and lets face it, we're IV drug users, we aren't known for our patience. Another thing is that while there is danger of making insolubles temporarily soluble, cooking dope can also help kill blood born diseases and some viruses. I saw a study once which was interesting (I think it was a pamphlet I got from a needle exchange in Berkely) that showed that there were way less instances of blood born diseases, and incidents of HIV/HEP C exposure on the west coast than on the East Coast, because black tar users cook there dope more than people using ECP.

Now one thing that someone should not do, is purposely heat dope with the intention of dissolving sediment that's left floating in the solution. What you are doing here, is just making sure that you shoot up non soluble cut which will solidify again in your blood stream and can cause all types of problems. Heroin is very soluble in water, and if it's in powder form, or base form, water (and a little citric acid for those who get the base) and slight/no heat should immediately dissolve your dope after a few stirs of the plunger.

But really when it comes to tar heroin, it can take up to 20 minutes to cold cook that type of dope sometimes, and I've found that this isn't dependent on quality, but rather cut. I've also found that when you heat tar, most of the cut seems to stick to the sides of the cooker or settles at the bottom of the spoon.

Youre absolutely correct, patience is not a virtue many of us junkies display...that being said....even blood-born illnesses and some viruses and bacteria take much longer to die under heat than you can feasibly apply to dope. It takes 15 minutes or more or kill most bacteria/viruses/etc.; and fungus is even more heat-resistant. Unless you fully boil your gear for 15 minutes minimum youre just doing more harm than good by dissolving cuts and destroying the integrity of your dope. Better idea is to use sterile or pre-boiled water and dissolve your dope with warm water. Still going to be a slight risk of contamination but the majority of diseases or infections thst come from IV use are from unclean equipment and practices rather than from contaminated gear.

Youre absolutely correct, patience is not a virtue many of us junkies display...that being said....even blood-born illnesses and some viruses and bacteria take much longer to die under heat than you can feasibly apply to dope. It takes 15 minutes or more or kill most bacteria/viruses/etc.; and fungus is even more heat-resistant. Unless you fully boil your gear for 15 minutes minimum youre just doing more harm than good by dissolving cuts and destroying the integrity of your dope. Better idea is to use sterile or pre-boiled water and dissolve your dope with warm water. Still going to be a slight risk of contamination but the majority of diseases or infections thst come from IV use are from unclean equipment and practices rather than from contaminated gear.
Ditto on having no patience, I guess it's just an addict trait we share. Fuck the first day out of a rehab program I went through a 1.5g H in three days instead of patiently using once every few days like I said I would. I think from now on I'll just heat the water a bit to warm it up before mixing in the heroin to help it dissolve a little better without dissolving the cuts.