• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Shooting up in hands, problems. Burning or missing?

Tinapm

Greenlighter
Hey so when I shoot in my hand this makes no sense but everything looks fine and I'll be drawing back blood all the way then all of a sudden I shoot it in and it burns like hell, and I get hives like I'm missing. Wtf why does this happen??

your hitting an artery. does it burn down to your finger tips? The hives are typical indication of either missing, or hitting an artery. The fact that you experienced a burning sensation makes me think its an artery, as a miss usually forms a 'lump' more than hives. Believe me, I have shot into a lot of arteries and have seen a lot of people shoot into arteries, sometimes purposely.

Make sure when you draw back the blood is slow moving and dark. If it's bright red/almost pink and frothy, that's another indication of an artery. Let me guess, are you trying to hit the vein that runs between your thumb and index finger? Because that one's rather tricky because there is a vein, but theres an artery underneath the vein:

1-7-1.jpg

I'm really not sure exactly if I'm hitting the one you're talking about but that totally makes sense about the color of the blood. I usually find when its a darker color that means I definitely hit and it doesn't burn!

mate u kno if you hit an artery the pain is emmense u couldny physically push any more than a drop in, the pain is so unbearable, your hand would sewll so much u couldnt close it and it would go bright red all over and itch like fuck. believe me if u ever hit an artery u will know instantly there is nothing like it. and all taht after a tiny drop/ the closer to your extremitys the worse. u just missed ina sensitive area with not much fatty tissur too absorb it. Any1 who has done this in wrist/hand chime in and tell me if ive missed anything. an artery shot is scary and painful and dangerous. and your heart would beat like fucj and you'd go white. they r not meant too be hit and boy u would know if u hit it trust me.