• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Shooting Suboxone

it was the 8mg films

I used a cotton to filter it but I dont think it does a good job. they just felt like something was inside of them that probably shouldnt be there

for about a day or two after I would shoot it

Yeah, IIRC that complaint is common among those who inject the film. Filtering that shit is hard with just cotton, and they are nasty little buggers. I found injecting generic Subutex much more convenient, though far from idea, though I can't say I have much experience with it (there was little point as I was already heavily dependent on it once first tried and quantity wasn't an issue).

How were you using your buprenorphine again CH? IIRC you used wheel or micron filters much of the time, or am I mistaken? You were shooting buprenorphine+naloxone in tablet form, or just buprenorphine?

[mention]Captain.Heroin[/mention]​

Yeah, IIRC that complaint is common among those who inject the film. Filtering that shit is hard with just cotton, and they are nasty little buggers. I found injecting generic Subutex much more convenient, though far from idea, though I can't say I have much experience with it (there was little point as I was already heavily dependent on it once first tried and quantity wasn't an issue).

How were you using your buprenorphine again CH? IIRC you used wheel or micron filters much of the time, or am I mistaken? You were shooting buprenorphine+naloxone in tablet form, or just buprenorphine?

[mention]Captain.Heroin[/mention]​

I was using micron filters, except toward the end when I had films, I would just cotton filter. Never felt weird. I was diluting them heavily.

The tablets are so full of fillers that I am glad I used micron filters for the majority of those pills I shot.

I've been shooting suboxone since I was 18, when I first heard of them they where the octagon orange stop signs. Damn near made me puke every time I smelled them,same with strips today. I actually started shooting them because I couldn't stand the taste or smell. I would literally throw up if I did either. Now I'm 23, still strung out on the rig doing 1/2 to 1 1/2 subs a day. I always tell myself Ima stop using the rig tomorrow. I tell my wife to hide the rigs from me, or I'll just break them and throw them away. And the next day I'm on the hunt trying to find one. Here I am, 6:11 am, yesterday was my birthday 1/13/2017 and I just feel hopeless. I feel every time I use the needle I take time away from my life. I feel like the suboxone is eating away my veins. And all of my veins are rock hard, can't shoot in them anymore. I'm afraid I'll breat a point off in em. I'm determined today to take this zubsolv 1/2 at a time and stop shooting. I want off dope so bad, but I'm scared of the DTs. Every morning I wake up feeling dazed, congested and confused. I know I need help, but I feel so helpless. If anyone has any suggestions please reply. I'm sick of shooting dope, but then again it's what helps me survive

I've been shooting suboxone since I was 18, when I first heard of them they where the octagon orange stop signs. Damn near made me puke every time I smelled them,same with strips today. I actually started shooting them because I couldn't stand the taste or smell. I would literally throw up if I did either. Now I'm 23, still strung out on the rig doing 1/2 to 1 1/2 subs a day. I always tell myself Ima stop using the rig tomorrow. I tell my wife to hide the rigs from me, or I'll just break them and throw them away. And the next day I'm on the hunt trying to find one. Here I am, 6:11 am, yesterday was my birthday 1/13/2017 and I just feel hopeless. I feel every time I use the needle I take time away from my life. I feel like the suboxone is eating away my veins. And all of my veins are rock hard, can't shoot in them anymore. I'm afraid I'll breat a point off in em. I'm determined today to take this zubsolv 1/2 at a time and stop shooting. I want off dope so bad, but I'm scared of the DTs. Every morning I wake up feeling dazed, congested and confused. I know I need help, but I feel so helpless. If anyone has any suggestions please reply. I'm sick of shooting dope, but then again it's what helps me survive

Hey, that sounds like some serious shit... and I totally relate :\. Here's one suggestion.

You mentioned that you've asked your wife to hide your works. That's a good idea, but sounds like it's not giving you enough structure/support. Maybe instead, you could ask her to administer your subs? In other words, have her hold your meds, and when it's time for a dose, she gives you the pill (I'm assuming you're on zubsolv), and the two of you hang out while you take the pill by mouth.

I know this is pretty invasive for your own privacy, and it does put some pressure on you and your wife (scheduling could be hard). But it's a tough problem, and maybe the hassle would be worth it.

Part of the reason I'm recommending this is because a similar arrangement has worked well for me. I was having trouble complying with my own meds, so now my wife and I do just what I described. It has worked well for me, and it's actually had the nice side effect that my wife feels "included" in my recovery in a way that she finds helpful.

If your going to shoot it then you need to get a micron filter and learn to use it. Shooting subs has the potential for nasty complications and its going to destroy your veins extremely fast.

LOL, honestly you just shouldn't shoot it, period. Just don't do it. There's especially no need to with the very well-endowed prescriptions for bupe that I read about on here...it's not like people need to conserve with what doctors are doling out, daily doses that go way beyond what's needed for maintenance/blocking purposes...

People need to get over that needle fixation.

needle fixation... LOL. pun intended, BurntOfferings??? ;)

LOL, honestly you just shouldn't shoot it, period. Just don't do it. There's especially no need to with the very well-endowed prescriptions for bupe that I read about on here...it's not like people need to conserve with what doctors are doling out, daily doses that go way beyond what's needed for maintenance/blocking purposes...

People need to get over that needle fixation.
Your right but people are going to do it regardless. May as well make it safe as it can possible be

Have you ever experienced DTs? I've never heard of that happening for people only using opioids.

Again, for anyone needing to shoot their buprenorphine to get enough out of it, try this instead:

Get some cimetidine (brand name: Tagamet). It is a heartburn medicine, but it also potentiates buprenorphine to a serious degree. Take 600mg cimetidine just before your dose. Then, to increase the sublingual BA, brush you teeth, under the tongue and the gums; then wash your mouth out with Listerine or any other ethanol based mouth wash. Directly after washing your mouth out with Listerine for the recommended one minute, pup your strip or ground up pill directly under your tongue. You'll notice it dissolves like butter compared to with using Listerine.

Those two things together, using cimetidine and Listerine, will cause you to feel infinitely more of buprenorphine's partial agonist (as opposed to it's antagonist) effects than ever before (even shooting).

The needle fixation thing, though I don't love the word "fixation," is a whole other can of worms though.

Have you ever experienced DTs? I've never heard of that happening for people only using opioids.

Again, for anyone needing to shoot their buprenorphine to get enough out of it, try this instead:

Get some cimetidine (brand name: Tagamet). It is a heartburn medicine, but it also potentiates buprenorphine to a serious degree. Take 600mg cimetidine just before your dose. Then, to increase the sublingual BA, brush you teeth, under the tongue and the gums; then wash your mouth out with Listerine or any other ethanol based mouth wash. Directly after washing your mouth out with Listerine for the recommended one minute, pup your strip or ground up pill directly under your tongue. You'll notice it dissolves like butter compared to with using Listerine.

Those two things together, using cimetidine and Listerine, will cause you to feel infinitely more of buprenorphine's partial agonist (as opposed to it's antagonist) effects than ever before (even shooting).

The needle fixation thing, though I don't love the word "fixation," is a whole other can of worms though.

You seem to know quite a bit on this subject so maybe you can answer my question.

Ive been on subs for almost 3 weeks, but Im nit taking them every day. Before i got on subs I was shooting H once a week (.5-1.0 gram), for a couple months. When I took my first dose of sub, it had only been a week since my last shot of dope.

So I was not physically hooked on H and Im not on subs, but it seems my tolerance is still super high. The first 3 times I shot the subs, I felt a very light nod and the smallest euphoric feeling, very disappointed. So to try to get higher, I shot more (16 mlgs as apposed to 8 the first time or two). Ive since learned that less is more with subs. Now three days ago when I shot it I felt nothing. So I waited 3 days and snorted 2 mlgs today. Nothing!!!

So my question is, how long am I gonna have to wait to feel anything again?

Thanks.