• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Shooting pills or tablets?

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Dear Bluelighters. Hi!!

I have tapentadol ER and I quite like it. Tapentadol appears to have 100% IV bioavailability :oops: Impressive. PO, it appears to be 30% bioavailability. I don't like wasting drugs.
How dangerous would shooting these tablets be?
I know nothing about excipients or chemistry, so I hope one of you could help me.

These are: hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, macrogol 6000, polypropylene glycol, titanium dioxide (E 171) and yellow iron oxide (E 172).

So it seems they are quite a few excipients.
What do you think pals? With the necessary filters, how dangerous does it seem?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dear Bluelighters. Hi!!

I have tapentadol ER and I quite like it. Tapentadol appears to have 100% IV bioavailability :oops: Impressive.

All drugs have 100% bioavailability when IVed. That's actually how the bioavailability is calculated for other ROAs, by comparing them to IV which is always 100%. So not a very good reason to inject them.

No idea if tapentadol has a rush but it doesn't seem like it's a drug worthy of IV, specially in pill form. Talc and some of the other excipients are pretty bad for you if you plan to inject it more than a couple of times... I think a micron filter is mandatory if you decide to do it regardless.

All drugs have 100% bioavailability when IVed. That's actually how the bioavailability is calculated for other ROAs, by comparing them to IV which is always 100%. So not a very good reason to inject them.

No idea if tapentadol has a rush but it doesn't seem like it's a drug worthy of IV, specially in pill form. Talc and some of the other excipients are pretty bad for you if you plan to inject it more than a couple of times... I think a micron filter is mandatory if you decide to do it regardless.

Damn man. I didn' t know that all drugs have 100% for this ROA. I feel so dumb about it hahahaha. :LOL:

So does it seem as dangerous as other pills or tablets? Or those excipients are more dangerous?

:unsure:

Well, I think you have subutex in Africa(?) You can definitely shoot it after filtering
Subutex and Temgesic are definitely shootable. After all they made for sublingual adsorption but always use a 0.2micron Wheelfilter. Get the small ones so you dont have to use much water. Cap Heroin did a Megathread on them here, explains all one needs to know

Buprenorphine isnt really a drug that gets you high. At first it does, but Id still recommend it cause its basically the best opioid for stabilazion.

Ha, don't shoot subutex, or even take them. If you shot or even ate a subutex, you would see what opiate withdrawal is really about. You would need to skip any opiod like substance for several days, most likely more in your case (coming off a lengthy large dose habit). Also subutex is not something you would enjoy.

If you can get a few to hold onto in case the withdrawal gets so bad, taking a small piece will get you through that day, but you do not want to be hooked on that stuff (or even take it 2 days in a row outside of medical detox)

In any case, do not IV anything. Its not worth the damage you will do to your body just to get a tad higher (in the best case). All these guys around here that like to IV xzy will have a sad story to tell one day. Or speak with any older junkie that already has a sad story to tell you. The last thing you want to do is go from "im getting clean from tramadol", to "i'm shooting up random crap that isn't made for IV'. You just went 10 steps back. Your body no defenses against pushing a random substance right into your blood stream. And why when something bad happens here, its usually really bad. (cardiac arrest, stroke, heart infection, etc). Or even the guy that shot a bad of dope at night, and woke up paralyzed. He will be kicking himself the rest of his life. Not worth it to the slightest.

Man, if you have to choose between subutex and heroin, the subutex would obviously be better choice. And I actually enjoy using it as it keeps me content and Im not chasing the dragon. Well sometimes I do but still.

100% subs over heroin. Heroin is the LAST drug you want to touch.

My post was more or less warning not to IV. And if you do get a hold of some subs, please do not IV them. They would help him to get off tramadol if used right. Just have to be careful as that stuff is quite potent and carries a pretty heavy withdrawal as well. A taper off his current meds would be best to start with before going subs / methadone route.

Last edited:
I believe talc and other microscopic particles from the tablets will end up in the capillaries/fine veins in your lungs if you inject tablets intended for oral consumption.

Using a micron filter cant hurt, but shooting pills from what I understand can have long term health ramifications especially if the practice is repeated often

Yeah, taper over subs. I agree. Im planning to stop subs in about 2 years myself... we ll see how it goes.

You will be good. Takes a while. Took me over 5 years of on / off maintenance before I even wanted to stop using heroin. I thought everything was a joke back then anyway. Wasn't until I caught a few felonies and realized I would be sitting in jail for a while that finally made me wake up. Then another 3 years of pure maintenance before I got 100% clean. But didn't take more than a few years before I was out of control again on pills and alcohol. Only to do it all over again.

As long as you come off slow, and not replacing it with something else (drinking for example), there is no other option but to succeed. Many have done it, and certain that everyone is capable. Especially a young guy like you. And why you have to watch your health. When I look around at all the users I grew up with, the ones in worst shape have the worst health. They literally don't care if they live or die. And there is no way they will get clean with all that physical pain they have. Its very sad. Several have Hep C as well. They need their dose.

I was given it, it made me puke. Was horrid.
I was offered pills or injectables once at a pharmacy, but I never messed around with needles and did not have a nurse who could inject me. But I always wondered if it would be more enjoyable as an injection, but since it's a pro-drug and I think you are supposed to take inter-muscular injections? Im guessing it's not much of a difference, or maybe even less enjoyable?
Thanks for your reply @PrincessDiz ! 😉

Well, I think you have subutex in Africa(?) You can definitely shoot it after filtering

I'm from Chile :LOL:
There's just bupenorphine in patches. Chewing the patches helped me a lot during last-year withdrawal.

Slightly off topic, but did anyone here ever try the injectable tramadol? Just wondering how it feels compared to taking a pill.

I've always wondered the same thing. There was a guy who said he felt a slight rush, but I think it was mostly the immediate action on the serotonin of tramadol. But I don't know if the metabolization of tramadol to ODSMT is much faster than orally.
In Chile and in several South American countries the most popular tramadol format is the oral drop solution. It's the one I drink or took 95% of the time and on an empty stomach it hits pretty quickly. Actually, I find it a bit more abusive than pills.

Ha, don't shoot subutex, or even take them. If you shot or even ate a subutex, you would see what opiate withdrawal is really about. You would need to skip any opiod like substance for several days, most likely more in your case (coming off a lengthy large dose habit). Also subutex is not something you would enjoy.

If you can get a few to hold onto in case the withdrawal gets so bad, taking a small piece will get you through that day, but you do not want to be hooked on that stuff (or even take it 2 days in a row outside of medical detox)

In any case, do not IV anything. Its not worth the damage you will do to your body just to get a tad higher (in the best case). All these guys around here that like to IV xzy will have a sad story to tell one day. Or speak with any older junkie that already has a sad story to tell you. The last thing you want to do is go from "im getting clean from tramadol", to "i'm shooting up random crap that isn't made for IV'. You just went 10 steps back. Your body no defenses against pushing a random substance right into your blood stream. And why when something bad happens here, its usually really bad. (cardiac arrest, stroke, heart infection, etc). Or even the guy that shot a bad of dope at night, and woke up paralyzed. He will be kicking himself the rest of his life. Not worth it to the slightest.
I use to shoot everything until I shot a sub strip. I instantly had to shit so bad I almost didnt make it to toilet and I was sweating bullets and the vomiting and cramps didnt help. I went through a weeks worth of withdrawals in 30 minutes.