• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shit they throw in speed

SteveElektro said:
It's epsom salts that give the 'rush' when IV'd, not sugar or glucose.
It's not exactly a rush either, it's a strange warm feeling that goes up your back from your ass.

=D Maybe its not used in Sothern states, but here in Qld, that distinct IV epsom rush is known as a "bum rush".

Only people who've done it know why :D

Its quite harsh on your veins, but then so is methamphetamine anyway. I haven't heard of any specific problems with IV epsom salts, other than the kinda creepy bum rush.

Last edited:
Steve: My mistake. I thought you were talking about all forms of administration. But i really think your'e wrong about the snorting thing. i know for me and at least three other people i asked on MSN they thought there was a noticeable sugar high...

PS: unless you are getting something that resembles a rock/crystal smoking it is going to leave shit in your pipe. it never ceases to amaze me when people start tipping white powder into their pipes and wonder why it leaves dirty black residue. there is a fucking reason its cut, that being its just to bloody strong. If you can't get it in the proper (smokeable) form you shouldn't fuckingwell be smoking it!

Last edited:
Flexistentialist said:
=D Maybe its not used in Sothern states, but here in Qld, that distinct IV epsom rush is known as a "bum rush".

Only people who've done it know why :D
Yeah, we call it the bum rush too ;)

I'm sorry but how do u "feel" a sugar high after you have just snorted some quality meth?

Are u telling me you can separate the two when they are administered together - one of the world's most powerful central nervous system stimulants vs a very small amount of glucose?

That is like saying I can feel the caffeine as I am coming up on my strong ecstasy pills (they being the MDMA/Caffeine combo that is very common).

As epsom salts is magnesium sulfate it is no wonder it could have significant effects.
Minerals are so important in the diet and effect many physiological responses.
We all know that one of the big ones with magnesium is its ability to relax the muscles and prevent cramping.
Most minerals are absorbed via the digestive system - not injected directly into the bloodstream - so when they are whatever effects they may have would be increased a large amount and they would be immediate.

Magnesium along with calcium is crucial to how our muscles contract - without those two minerals you would not be able to move.

Potassium and sodium are the two other most important minerals - crucial for all sorts of functions. The kidneys keep tabs on all of these by ensuring the levels in the blood are properly regulated.

Injecting minerals would off set these levels considerably until the kidneys have time to get it back under control.

Do not forget, potassium if injected in large enough amounts will stop the heart beating - it is the final chemical used in executions by lethal injection in the U.S.
A simple, vital mineral needed to sustain life is also what is administered to help end it.

They are very simple chemicals, the most simple, but that does not mean they are incapable of causing signifcant physiological responses.

I of course do not know if injecting magnesium has possible deleterious consequences, but when one considers just some of the things inside the body it is involved in, its is of little suprise that there is some effect on the body - especially when pumping a solution of it straight into your veins.

^^^ Cheers Biscuit. I totally agree with your line of reasoning in relation to epy salts.
I guess I should now edit my earlier post in relation to the possible dangers of injecting epy salts.

OT: a compound called Potassium Permanganate (KMnO4) was used in the 50s by pregnant women to perform abortions when such thing was not socially accepted by most intelligent people. There were a great many deaths caused from overdoses preciselly due to potassium overdose.

Sorry to bump this, it pretty much seems to be a dead issue, but i can speak for the majority of my friends, and of course myself, when i say that there is a marked difference between crystal and glucose cut crystal.

having been used to meth which is "supposedly" cut 30:70 (that is, meth to glucose-which is still reasonably strong to all but the most hardened of crystal fiends!) i insuffiliated about one point of crystal over the course of an hour this morning...for academic purposes of course;).
i would say that i am WELL used to both, but this morning, in recent light of this topic, i was really paying attention to the effects. The little experiment confirmed exactly what i have been saying. i cant speak for everyone, but FOR ME and my uni mate who was with me (also a seasoned meth whore, particularly experienced with this stuff), made the same comment. that is, there is no chance in hell that the addition of glucose doesn't make a difference.

now, if you people disagree, can anyone explain this?

NB: i have never knowingly had stuff cut with epsom salts, and although in most people's eyes i am a regular user, i have never injected (and never will). would this fact make a difference as to the effect of the addition of glucose?? the only thing i can come up with isi imagine its similar to pills VS. MDMA crystals...

i've got 28 hours of solid evidence behind me and that of six close friends, also educated and WELL experienced users. Im not arguing the point, i just want to know why we seem to notice the sugar if nonone else does...

I've injected 'ice' (meth), and I've injected the same dose of the same gear with 200mg of glucose in it aswell.
I felt precisely no difference whatsoever.

Perhaps you're all diabetic ;)

I've heard that some people cut speed base with Dextrose (Dextrose Monohydrate) as it is approximately 70% as sweet as sucrose. I think it's commomly called Brewers Sugar, and home brewers add it to their beer too.

i guess cut gear is something we have to live with, if everyone started selling pure product then junkies would be dropping dead on every street corner :(

I've seen people try to cut their gear with cat worming medication, panadol, and whizz fizz.
Yup really classy people.

Eeep was half asleep when I typed that :| Cheers for the heads-up PD :)

lucky I proxy myself up ;)

Last edited:
hahaha fizz wizz, my friends and I used to use the little spoons that came with it to shovel our lines out :D

the worst cut i have seen somebody use is sudaphed, ouch it think it hurts more than the base itself!

RE: Epsom salts....

Epsom salts gives you a bodily feeling A: it will cut ur veins and allow for the body to absorb stuff faster... also it's a musscle relaxant... why you put the shit in your bath and it's the basis of bath salts... take that into account - also i don't IV.. it's fuckin filthy habit

it will cut ur veins and allow for the body to absorb stuff faster... also it's a musscle relaxant... why you put the shit in your bath and it's the basis of bath salts
So if you slit your wrists in the bath, you will get the most out of the bath salts?

BT I'm as baffled as you.

8(

^^^^^
Guessing he confused the old urban myth about glass being put in pills to cut ur stomach lining etc etc, with people cutting speed with other agents. Namely epsom salts, could have been used but not in any i case i have heard.

Thats what i think he was tryingto say anyhow.

I still only use epsom salts in a spa bath after, tha day after a night out. because, yes, it is very relaxing.
And no epsom salts wontcut ur veins dude.