Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shit they throw in speed

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Yo people. I am sure most of you are aware of how some dealers will put salt or stuff like ajax in speed to make it seem more effective than what it is, does anybody know of any other stuff they may throw in to do this, is there anyway of being able to detect such things??

tHANKS

they throw everything and anything in, from talcum, to glass!!

to the smart barstard below me hardicus, I know this becoz a guy I used to kick around with, just recently sold some whiz to my friend and her bf, and it was cut wit those two ingregdients. Speed is a very rare substance around here!! :p

Last edited:
Yeah man, that powdered glass is SICK, it cuts your nasal cavity up, so the speed gets you HEAPS more faaarked man. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe people do this? Well I guess there are some stupid people out there...

only way to know...become very friendly with the manufacturer.....who you'll probably never meet....

common substances are obviously glucose and some agents to cause more of a burning sensation than would occur with the dose you're getting.
i know that with crystal, people will cut it with epsom salts as the look similar to the untrained eye. also when you burn it, it'll leave a pure white solid residue on your paraphinalia

Well Im not paranoid, as the person in which i get from is a close mate and lets me see how he mixes it, just glucose and base, though i am sick of having to talk to people who claim that they get ajax etc in their stuff, just trying to help them out, for god sakes its drugs we are talking here , people will put everything and anything into it to make it seem better, paranoid i am not, nieve you are!

y would a manufacturer put glass or ajax in their product?
really. ifthey kill the person/s buing their wizz then they arent going to come back for more, hence losing them money.
the more likely solution is glucose or something else quite inactive.
P_P, i find that with crystal that is cut with epsom salts it burns clack and sticky, and has a vile taste that will make you wretch... i think(don't quote me on this) that it is MSM or something like that, that will burn clear when cut with meth.
my2c
DfI;)

Last edited:
TranceNation said:
Well Im not paranoid, as the person in which i get from is a close mate and lets me see how he mixes it, just glucose and base,

Why are buying of him if he's doing this in front of you??If people refused to put up with this shit,jumped on gear wouldn't be so prevalent.

Couple of things to think about:

1) The manufacturer is most likely not the person cutting it with salt/sugar/parmesan cheese. It’s the dodgy dealer trying to make 400% profit on an 8 ball.

2) Salt doesn't melt in a crack pipe it stays solid until much higher temperatures. It’s usually the sugar/glucose that causes the vile tasting sticky mess.

People cut their gear with whatever they can lay their hands on that looks similar to the product there trying to profit on. This can be anything. I've heard of a few things like: That people who IV like the sugar/glucose cut gear for the rush. Salt is good for those that snort because it burns like meth. MSM looks and vapourises like meth. But the unscrupulous dealer could cut with anything

People also cut gear with glucose because the original product is too strong and some kind of dilution is needed to prevent problems.

As for detection, I have no idea but I doubt it. You can clean your gear though. Like meth in an acetone wash. However as I'd suspect almost all gear is cut to some degree you might be quite dissappointed by the 10% yeild you are left with. That is only one of the problems associated with washing though, the other is it looks like your manufacturing if you get caught.

Fry-d- said:
This can be anything. I've heard of a few things like: That people who IV like the sugar/glucose cut gear for the rush.
It's epsom salts that give the 'rush' when IV'd, not sugar or glucose.
It's not exactly a rush either, it's a strange warm feeling that goes up your back from your ass.

Epsom salt is reportedly used to give the meth user the impression that his/her stuff is of quality. I doubt it though. As for glass and Ajax etc. I'm glad I don't see the same supplier as you.

SteveElektro said:
It's epsom salts that give the 'rush' when IV'd, not sugar or glucose.
It's not exactly a rush either, it's a strange warm feeling that goes up your back from your ass.
Why are you under the impression Steve that it's the epsom salts doing this? You don't think its something to do with the actual meth?

twominds said:
Why are you under the impression Steve that it's the epsom salts doing this? You don't think its something to do with the actual meth?
LOL!
You misunderstand me dude.
Meth alone gives you a rush, a good rush, there is no doubt about it!

What I was saying is that epsom salts give you a bodily feeling too, people sometimes cut meth with it so that even though there is fuck all meth in your hit, you'll still feel it, and if you're inexperienced, you'll mistake the 'epsom rush' for a real meth rush.
It was just in response to Fry-d's statement that glucose gives you that feeling, glucose in fact gives you no feeling at all. It's epsom salts without question, and I know this from experience.
And in fact I do know lots of people who would rather epsom as the cut for this very reason. Of course they'd prefer nothing at all used as a cut!, but if it's going to be cut, you might aswell feel something, well that's the line of thinking anyway.
I prefer glucose as a cut myself, precisely for the reason that it does not distract from the meth rush.

glucose in fact gives you no feeling at all.
wrong! there is a distinct difference between crushed up "ice" and the same thing cut with glucose. its a sugar high. even though there is not "alot" of glucose in it, you ARE putting it up your nose, which prolly equivalent to drinking 250-300ml of red cordial concentrate! i also find that when this sugar high wears off i get crankier than with uncut stuff...

Interesting observation Timmmmy but your comparison to 250mls of red cordial isn't really valid since as much as 250g of sugar may be in this much cordial concentrate. Glucose does however irritate mucous membranes and probably causes more sinus related headaches.

Timmmmmy said:
wrong! there is a distinct difference between crushed up "ice" and the same thing cut with glucose. its a sugar high. even though there is not "alot" of glucose in it, you ARE putting it up your nose, which prolly equivalent to drinking 250-300ml of red cordial concentrate! i also find that when this sugar high wears off i get crankier than with uncut stuff...
I was talking about IV, you won't get a feeling from sugar OR epsom salts snorting it.
Have you ever shot very sugary stuff?
No?
Then don't question me about it.
100mg of glucose hardly compares to 250-300mL's of cordial.

^^^ True. Epsom salts give one a somewhat pleasant flush when injected. In my opinion this due to the laxative nature of epsom salts :) Glucose, in the amounts snorted or injected will not give any feeling.

I just wish fuckheads would stop cutting gear with epsom salts when they know it will be smoked!

Just a quick guide to detecting common cutting agents:

Glucose: the gear is sweet tasting of various degrees. Good meth is as far from sweet as as it could be. It is probably the most bitter thing I have ever tasted. When smoked, you can taste burned sugar.

MSM: This is very slightly bitter tasting stuff. It can be in a form of tiny crystals straight out of a jar that can be mixed with gluggy speed variety to make it actually look even better. When melted and recrystalised, it forms crystals almost identical to meth rocks. This stuff will burn aboslutelly clear unlike most meth. Try tasting it. Wipe possible meth powder of a crystal and put on your tongue. If it makes a somewhat cold sensation, its MSM. It should hardly be bitter. When MSM is melted together with meth at around 175C (meth melts at 175C and MSM at 115 or both around those figures)and then recrystalised, it will form whats known as frosty rocks. This will be non transparent off-white rocks with majority of MSM on the outside.
When MSM is smoked, you will hardly breathe out any smoke. When meth is pulled hard, you'll feel like a fire dragon. Raaa.

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): This is rare but the properties resemble that of MSM. Its melting point is however somewhere around 50C, so if you have some gear and its solid, and after carrying it in a pocket for a while it becomes gluggy, this could be the culprit.

Epsom Salts: This is Magnesium Sulphate used as a laxative. It has an appearance of small transparent perfect rectangles when hydrated - which is the form it comes in when bought. It can be fried in an oven for an hour to de-hydrate it and form white powder. The hydrate form is usually used to cut gear because many mistake the perfect rectangles for metn crystals. It has a mild bitter taste. Epy salts will not burn in a pipe but the hydrated form will crackle leaving a chalky residue in the pipe - that's the dehydrated form. When injected, epy salts will give one a pleasant rush as described above. [Edit in light of a new idea] Minerals play a great role in our bodies. A sudden hit of magnesium may throw off the natural balance inside the body and cause unpredictable consequences (bum rush being the only noticable one :) More evidence on this is needed but the warning is there. See Biscuits post below for more on this.

Rock Salt: This is used sometimes to cut meth rocks. Rock salt closelly resembles meth rocks. It is obviously salty and will crackle in the pipe as it dehydrates.

Ephedrine/Dexies/Any other pills out of the cubboard: Some idiots use these to cut speed. These will not smoke up properly and will present problems when injected which is one of the reasons why injecting street speed is highly discouraged by me.

Any other chemical that a dealer has excess to can be used to cut gear. This ranges from Ajax to cockroach spray. This is not because the dealer wants to kill his clients, but because the dealer genuinly believes that the chemical won't do that much damage. Sorry dfi, you line of reasoning is flawed.

The safest way to consume speed is to eat it, because this way the stomach is given a chance to take care of some of the nasties. If you are certain your meth is pretty clean of really dodgy stuff, by all means snort or smoke. I personally discourage injecting street speed altogether, because even if it appears to be clean, certain impurities can prove to be in the worst case scenario deadly.

I am yet to encounter speed cut with glass powder. I have only heard rumours along the lines of light bulbs being crushed to cut speed. These are ONLY rumours, but nonetheless, be VERY careful.

Last edited:
runner; I've always thought Magnesium Sulphate was a potentially dangerous cut when gear is injected. Any info would be appreciated as this is obviously done often and we haven't heard any warnings.

^^^ Hmmm... I haven't heard any such thing, but I am not saying you are wrong. A quick search on google was unproductive. I've seen people getting ripped off pretty much with just epsom salts alone and being quite happy from the effect they get when they inject - this of course has nothing to do with the actual damage done to their system. If you ARE right, it will only a be a tiny addition to the reasons why injecting street speed is a BAD idea. And no, I am not sparking another debate on the injecting issue.

Back on topic, I had a former acquaintance who used to cut gear exclusively with sulfur (in the over-the-counter, unconcentrated powder form it's available in at pharmacies). He told us it was better for you than glucose (with the noticeable side benefit of the gear not tasting sweet). Has anyone else heard of this or know more about it?