• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Shed a layer of skin" while peaking on chinese needlepoint lsd?

The point is that "needlepoint" is a branding. You refer to it by its look and therefore attribute it to a high purity, which very well may be and is likely the case. But it's not a distinct type of acid, in the sense that indica and sativa are two distinct types of marijuana.

Now theres a post out there by someone who apparently rolled with The Dead and helped lay blotter and so on
Needlepoint-very pure(95% ) white powerdery crystal,was available in small amount`s. The best of the best
White Fluff-Very pure(95% ) white light flakes of crystal. Still around and the most sought after. very pure
Silver-Good and clean(85-90% )-light greyish crystal. Was an unbelievable amount of this around in the late eighty`s and early nineties. Very good stuff. My first thumbprint was this kind. If you ate acid in the 80-90`s you probably sampled some silver.
Amber-Decent(70%?) This crystal varied from a light amber color to an almost dark brown color.Was always available.One batch called quadricept amber was the color of light honey and was very good.Lot`s a people worked with this crystal but I always would use silver instead since it was better and the same price.
Lavender-(60-70%?) light purple to almost black colored crystal. Like amber it varied batch to batch.
TJ(tornado juice) - purity unknown. I seen this shit in about four different colors and it always scared me. No experiance with it.
Champagne-(50-60% ) black crystal, nasty stuff IMHO. I worked with it once and swore to never touch it again.

All of this may or may not be bullshit. Old timers love to relive their glory days and talk like they knew it all and had seen it all and been around it all. Go talk to any old man about his past and he'll tell you he was the roughest toughest dude who did anything and everything, and had all the best stuff; its pure ego.

So even if we can all agree that needlepoint may have been branded to mean a super pure form based on the look of the crystal itself, from the scientific perspective this still gives no credence to the true purity, and there is still the issue of you personally knowing exactly what you got. Even taking the whole GCMS and science out of the equation, in order to tell what is needlepoint and what isnt, you're going to have to have been experienced to numerous types of LSD crystal of varying purity first hand in order to be able to point out which is the best looking and which is therefore needlepoint.

Here I will make a bit of an analogy. About 10 years ago, there was what I call the "kush explosion" with marijuana here, overnight it seemed to be the kind everyone wanted and over night all the local dealers of marijuana were selling kush. Now some of it may have been kush but the vast majority actually wasnt (and quite frankly, I don't believe that what I am smoking is what I am told unless I grow it myself, or I know and trust the grow). Now some of it looked really nice and it was really easy for some people to believe they got kush, afterall why doubt it? The weed looked and smelled nice and it got them really high, kush was supposed to be really good so it must be kush. Now even if you had access to see the pure crystal, how would you personally know that what your guy is calling is needlepoint isn't actually 'silver'? Shit gets you high as fuck and looks really good, so why would you doubt it?

The thing about bluelight is that we (?) try to spread information that has some tangible proof or evidence behind it. You say based on your vast experience you've come to these conclusions based on the way your body has reacted, but the issue here is that you truly don't know the purity of the substance you were given to draw these concrete conclusions. Thats the circular reasoning Deinonychus was talking about, "I felt like shit therefore what I got what dirty acid and therefore dirty acid makes you feel like shit."

Each of us on either "side" of this argument can learn from each other if we let go of our egos for a second here. Its not a cock measuring contest.

..so I did and it was definitely Fluff..

Here you're attributing a liquid solution to a crystal type that you never even saw.. how can you say one way or another it was 'fluff'? This is JUST like me saying the weed I got that got me super fucking high was definitely Kush. Why can't you just say: "it was top notch stuff and definitely of a higher purity relative to other liquid I've gotten in the past due to how much higher I got." No you have to go attributing badass street names to something to sound like a badass who knows his way around the LSD block. Pull your head out of your ass.

^^^ You are rude and incorrect sir. First off all the Kush I smoke comes from Arjan roscam's seeds in Amsterdam, that's how I know it is legit :)

Secondly in my region we are flooded with Fluff blotter and the guy I got this V from was connected with the fluff family so thats why I said that, your right it could have been another crystal...

However I eat so much fluff that when I turn to silver I notice a huge difference.

"Now theres a post out there by someone who apparently rolled with The Dead and helped lay blotter and so on "

There is no apparently about it, Chinacat is a raw ass mother fucker I wish he was here to clear all of this up for us.

Your Kush explosion theory can bite me nuts.

Hmm.. You are from the UK and trying to argue USA chemist's and LSD crystal with me!? I have seen needlepoint very rarely for the last 5 years, the only two people to ever have it that I have seen are connected with the fluff family's, One has a PHD in biochemistry and the other graduated from a 5 year neuroscience program. Sorry thats all I have seen personally, there is very limited 'reference' online as you are asking for about LSD crystal types, considering this is one of the most fragile underground subjects. Sorry the fluff family doesn't have a website or I would send you there.

Okay, he asked you for some sort of corroborating evidence for your statement that fluff is X and needlepoint is Y. So you respond by attacking his argument on the basis of geographic separation? You totally ignored the question and instead just rattled on about how he doesn't know jack! That is fail, dude.

Yes I have had this feelings many times, I relate it to the soul being released from the physical body, I like your post! Too bad this has turned into some debate about needlepoint.

You do make a good point, we're so far off topic that this is basically a second thread.

Huh!? How is your dirty acid FAQ coming along!? Half the stuff I have seen you post about LSD is incorrect and annoying.

Yeah, this I don't take kindly to. Either take issue with specific points I have made, in a logical, well-constructed way or don't take potshots at me credibility. Really, I haven't seen YOU post anything but nonsense and hearsay, backed up by fallacious attacks on people who make points you don't like. Maybe I'm not the most popular dude here, but if I was really shitting out dubious information, I expect that everybody I've taken issue with would jump all over it. I don't see anybody else accusing me of telling lies, so put up or put out and stop talking about things you clearly don't understand.

^^^ You are rude and incorrect sir. First off all the Kush I smoke comes from Arjan roscam's seeds in Amsterdam, that's how I know it is legit :)

Secondly in my region we are flooded with Fluff blotter and the guy I got this V from was connected with the fluff family so thats why I said that, your right it could have been another crystal...

However I eat so much fluff that when I turn to silver I notice a huge difference.

"Now theres a post out there by someone who apparently rolled with The Dead and helped lay blotter and so on "

There is no apparently about it, Chinacat is a raw ass mother fucker I wish he was here to clear all of this up for us.

Your Kush explosion theory can bite me nuts.

Bah. Im not even going to bother. You're an old man set in your ways and you're always right. You can't even see that no one here is really challenging your experience nor where you've been nor who you've supposedly known, nor saying that you're wrong.. You just see that someone is putting some question to your words and you can't handle that, to the point that you can't even comprehend what we're trying to say based on the conclusions you have drawn for yourself.

Yeah, this I don't take kindly to. Either take issue with specific points I have made, in a logical, well-constructed way or don't take potshots at me credibility. Really, I haven't seen YOU post anything but nonsense and hearsay, backed up by fallacious attacks on people who make points you don't like. Maybe I'm not the most popular dude here, but if I was really shitting out dubious information, I expect that everybody I've taken issue with would jump all over it. I don't see anybody else accusing me of telling lies, so put up or put out and stop talking about things you clearly don't understand.

I'll agree that was a low blow. I actually like your latest post in that thread I just didnt like the original proposal or everything people were saying was just ridiculous like the 90%LSD-10%NBROME guy ( he acutally used an R for Nbrome )

I did respond to Anon I said - Sorry the fluff family doesn't have a website or I would send you there.
This is me representing the fact that there is NO lab evidence on any one of the crystals or any info on the chemist's because this is the most protected secret in all of the underground, so I guess you could say none of us will ever know the answer. That's like me asking the CIA for confidential info it just doesn't exist for the public to see, however I have seen people talk for years about how Needlepoint comes from the USA and it is refined fluff, can someone who actually knows this jump in quick I could be wrong, but this has always been second hand info for me and many people here.

Here is the link that infantannihilator got his info from and its actually titled "Types of LSD Crystal and how to lay them"
http://www.rollitup.org/hallucinatory-substances/441671-types-lsd-crystal-how-lay.html

Sorry this must be the first time you have ever heard Anon0631's theory's on LSD. He used to work at a pysch ward and he thinks LSD is terrible, however he ingest's enough research chemicals to make his semen taste synthetic.
( He actually made a thread on that I am not trying to be crude )
He will argue anyone on LSD and has accused me for being an LSD syndicate.

Sorry Anon I had to bring it up....

infantannihilator- I just saw in another thread you admit to having little experience with LSD. So please don't bother.

Sorry to be so rude here, but comming out and saying there is no such thing as needlepoint is just as ignorant as saying there is. I really wish someone would inform us here, maybe some old timer is surfing ADD that knows more.

But like I said there never has been and never will be info on the actual crystals, most of the info we have is from chinacat on rollitup I posted the link above, all of his stories are amazing to hear.

Just so you know I am not disagreeing with you for the sake of disagreeing. I am pretty open minded and enjoyed your post on the otopic in the other thread. But, when you experience something many times, it's hard to change the opinion that has been formed from those experiences. Especially, based on some scientific explanation over the internet when there is much more to LSD than what we understand due to its illegality. Don't take that as me being ignorant. If you ate "bad" quality LSD you would not argue. Can I ask how many times you have ingested LSD?

I've taken acid probably between forty and fifty times. Ish. I won't pretend to have an exact count, but I'm figuring ten times a year probably for five years. I've got a lot more experience with other psychedelics, I will give you that, but I also will point out that I have never felt anything I could ascribe to 'dirty' acid. I've had some instances of body load where it was really, really strong, and you must understand I generally *really like* and enjoy the body buzz on psychedelics. Acid has still pushed up against my limits for bodyload though, cardiovascular stuff sometimes, or just a sort of bodily malaise.

But I have always been able to look back on these experiences with the benefit of hindsight a few days to weeks later, and it had always occurred to me that there was something going on in my life that was bad, that would easily explain the intensity of the bodyload via psychosomatic mechanisms.

I just had my entire response deleted so I will present a question since I am curious.....

I feel you dude, you see how long some if my posts are, and many times they've gotten deleted via editing the post, like the forum can't handle all the text or something...

If something is not active or low binding affinity ( in this case the isomers/byproducts of LSD synthesis) does that mean they absolutely cannot in anyway shape or form, contribute to the physical experience of the trip in one way or another. Especially, side effects such as stomach cramping, nausea etc. For example, if I took some LSD and a normally non active dose of another substance is it possible that my trip would be different than LSD alone due to synergy of the two drugs. Of course, LSD (psychedelics) trips are all going to be different in the general sense due to setting and other factors. My trips are all very similar for the most part when on the same batch of LSD.

So you bring up a good point here. Just briefly, this is what I mean about well-constructed arguments. We may have a difference of opinion, but if you or somebody else posts questions like this I'm down for some constructive dialogue, it's just opinion posed as fact that I won't abide.

So you are sorta asking two things here. One of them is 'can a compound with low or no binding affinity have effects in the body anyway', and the other is 'can doses of a drug that are not active in and of themselves produce effects when a second drug at a fully-active dose is added into the mix'.

The first question is answered with a definite yes. A chemical with little to no binding affinity for, say, 5-HT receptors in the brain, can still produce effects if it can have affinity for receptors in the sympathomimetic nervous system, or receptors in other tissues. And the second question is yes and no. It depends on the drug. For example, TOMSO, from PIHKaL, is inactive on its own, but in combination with something like alcohol it somehow suddenly becomes active. That said the doses here are not small, in the tens of micrograms as would be the case for an impurity in dirty acid. So this is really dependent on a case by case examination of the drugs in question, but without a candidate for the contaminant in supposedly dirty acid we can't really say one way or another.

I am pretty sensitive to most drugs. I sometimes take low doses (inactive alone) of other substances such as, ketamine, mushrooms, mdma,etc while on LSD and in my experience I have definitely noticed different effects present although generally, subtle. But obviously, these substances are definitely active and have no problem binding to receptors, so it may be a bad example.

I think this is actually a pretty good example. The problem though is that synergistic effects when combining these kinds of drugs are well known. We're (in my opinion) still left with the issue of the required potency for an acid blotter contaminant, which must also be somehow produced via the synthesis of the LSD itself.

Just to throw it out there. You keep saying there is no such thing as needlepoint and it is just a term used by dealers. I guess you can say, its a term used by "dealers" to describe their crystal as being high purity. But, it is a description of the crystaline structure which is needle like. YES, if your going to pick up some paper and the dealer says "hey this is some amazing point" I would take it with a grain of salt. Just want to clarify that when picking up raw point is a reference to an actual type of crystal.
ALL batches of needlepoint I have picked up has looked like crushed needles? Some vials much more intact than others. Out of curiosity, have you seen lsd in crystal form?

Twice I have. If you're referring to needle shaped crystals then my earlier attack on the idea may have been incorrect, based on the assumption that you were using the definition given earlier in the thread of needlepoint being blotter dosed with a syringe. That would be marketing hype, as it would have no bearing on the amount of mics laid down. One of the times I've seen the crystal it was totally ground up into tiny microcrystalline bits, looked kinda like the microcrystalline methylone that was around before the ban. The second time it was indeed in pointy thin pieces.

I don't appreciate your attempt at making fun of my posts. You can "doubt" my connections all you want. These things have a funny way of happening and at the time I didn't have much choice in the matter. You are right about me not having a GC/MS in my "apartment" (I live where there are zero traffic lights, there are no apartments here). But, I will say I DO have access to GC/MS. Ofcourse, it is not mine but, rather someone who does chemistry for a living. (No I am not saying every batch gets tested.... well it might but not in my presence) That's enough on source talk. I'm not deeply involved in any illegal aspects of the drug anymore.

Look, if you think my main point was to make you look foolish, I'm sorry you took it that way. The point was to make your *argument* look foolish, as it was pretty much opinion passed off as fact.

It's highly relevant though that you do have access to proper spectroscopic measurement equipment. If you'd concentrated on the known, scientific information, my post would have been a lot different. Trying to say the human body can measure purity by GI symptoms makes my brain hurt, it's contrary to everything I know and feel about the human body and mind. So when we were all calling you out on your purity numbers, that would use been the ideal time to mention you've got access to real equipment.

Pray tell, what have the results with the equipment been? I'm curious, and do you have access to something like an NMR setup? This would be the ideal because you would have access to machinery that can actually tell people factual things about whether there's a contaminant and if so what it is.

I curious and want to know, if there is no difference in LSD even when comparing a 99.9% pure to a 42% pure batch how can I (and others mentioned earlier) differentiate between batches we have all had vast experience with? Are you saying its a lucky guess?

I think that the human mind is given to preconceptions and fantasy. We experience one variety or another of some form of the placebo effect all the time. So just the idea that you believe you can tell the difference will, in my eyes, mean that you will in fact feel a difference simply because you expect to. Further, we are pattern recognition champions. But we also see a lot of spurious noise as a pattern – like unrelated GI distress or bodily malaise being assumed to be the acid's fault simply due to similar timing. This is what I think, but I admit freely that this especially is nothing but my opinion. Sure we have plenty of data, real data, on the placebo effect, but that data isn't specifically about acid and the lack or presence of negative effects (and its important to not powerful psychedelics have no issue making people feel shitty anyway, without contamination), so the data is not 100% pertinent.

Interesting excerpt from an interview of "Bear" (owsley stanley) doesn't have any concrete information but, it does spark a few thoughts on this topic.

"

B: So the earliest acid you got was mixed — some of it was good and some of it wasn’t good?

O: Most of it was terrible. It would make you high, but it was so full of impurities and other things that it was a totally rough trip.

B: Where do you think the impurities come from?

O: I’m not God. I can’t look into a brownish liquid and tell you what’s in there. There’re all kinds of derivatives of ergot containing various derivatives of lysergic acid that are active in some way in the body. St. Anthony’s fire, do you know about that? It was the result of ergotamine in the ergot growing on rye which was made into bread in the Middle Ages, made your fingers and toes drop off. They are very complex, many of the derivatives, and most of them are active — and when you are doing a synthesis you get all kinds of things that hook up to the lysergic acid molecule. Breakdown products, isomerization — who knows what’s in there?

I’ve had this conversation with Sasha many, many times. I’ve said: “Sasha, as you approach higher and higher purity, you get more and more magical.” He said, “Well, you’re ascribing a very high activity to very minute amounts of impurity.” I said, “I don’t know whether that’s true or not, but there’s something going on there.” Then later I got to thinking about this, and realized that perhaps the impurities are like a kind of catalyst. A catalyst can catalyze a reaction at extremely minute quantities, and often these catalysts are not affected by the reaction. Who knows that there isn’t some catalytic/synergistic effect that occurs? Where you have 100 mcg. of LSD and you have nanograms of some strange fellow-traveler impurity that actually catalyzes the effect of the LSD on the nervous system into something else. I’m not going to say that this is what’s happening, or that I necessarily believe this, but I do know that as you purify LSD you very quickly come to a point where it will not dissolve in the solvent from which you have crystallized it. It gets to a point where it’s insoluble in the methanol, and you have to heat this for such a long period of time in fresh methanol that some of it breaks down. And once it has broken down, only then will it dissolve. So there’s a lot of strange stuff going on with this “chemical” that doesn’t necessarily work according to the usual principles of chemistry. There’s no more chemistry to making LSD than there is to baking a bloody cake. You just have to know how to do it. What parts to use, what temperature to set the oven, etc. Most of it is published, and that which isn’t published is available to an investigative mind. The correct and accepted term for those who make the entheogens is “cook.” I like to think of it as a sort of Gourmet Chef, master of Fine Mental Cuisine.

Now, Sasha is a chemist. I’m not a chemist, I never pretended to be a chemist. I’m an artist. There’s no more chemistry to making LSD than there is to making a bloody cake. You just have to know how to do it. What bits to use, what temperature to set the “oven”, etc. Most of it is published, and that which isn’t published is available to an investigative mind. It helps to be smart, if you’re bright and you pick up on things and pay attention, you can pretty soon figure out what was left out of the published account. On the other hand, a chemist is a person who, wanting to make a compound, having an idea of the structure, evolves in his mind a synthetic process to produce it. To verify the structure of a known original compound is the usual reason for development of a synthesis for a naturally occurring or semi-naturally occurring compound. He is synthesizing this compound in order to prove its structure, or to provide a means of manufacturing it other than extracting it from a plant. A chemist is a highly skilled person. I don’t have any of those skills. What I did is like following a recipe."

I don't like the idea of the idiot savant following a recipe much. Also, I would expect that the early pioneers in synthesis that were not part of a chemical synthesis company would have had impure starting materials. If you use garbage precursors, sure you may get brownish liquids, but my point is that anybody that is *competant* will immediately subject that brown liquid to some form of purification, hence why I dislike the idiot savant idea because they will not be competent. Even with the loss of material from several recrystallization a *real chemist* will prefer to finish with the best possible product. The level of mastery of synthetic technique necessary for making LSD pretty much ensures that the vast majority of the people who do this will know their chemistry really well.

Well, despite a big amount of very useful posts (respect for staying open-minded, patient and scientific, Deinonychus) the debate itself seems very pointless, as some people don't really want to know.

Reminds me of what I told a guy at Breaking Convention about Terrance McKenna: I told him that it's out that McKenna himself didn't ever take high doses of mushrooms in a dark room and in fact hadn't tripped during the last twelve (or something like that) years of his life. To which he told me he didn't want to know, because he holds the guy in such high regard. Ok, admitted it's not completely the same, but reading this discussion is like watching someone try and explain something to a bunch of eleven-year olds with their fingers in their ears singing "LALALALALA" so they won't hear what's being said.

At any rate, something else that's not even come up so far, astonishingly really, is the influence of set and setting. The focus has been on the drug part of the equation, while I am convinced that set and setting play an equally important part. Especially for those who believe what others tell them about the product (which goes for most people to some degree... everyone who buys groceries in a supermarket has undoubtedly been influenced by commercials at some point), stories whether conscious or else will influence your experience. Not to mention all the other variables included in these two simple but oh so important terms set and setting.

Wow this thread is the best and worst of Bluelight in one.

All I have to add is that I've witnessed double-blind lsd field tests in the past, where a bad vibes dealer and a good vibes dealer were both handing out the exact same batch and bad vibe's clients spun out at a much higher percentage rate.

^I appreciate the whole "vibes" theory, but are you talking about the actual energy that each person has handling L that has an effect on it? or are you talking about the actual end quality?

^I appreciate the whole "vibes" theory, but are you talking about the actual energy that each person has handling L that has an effect on it? or are you talking about the actual end quality?

I don't think he's attaching any kind of consciousness to the acid, just saying that the source of the LSD influenced people's mindsets during the trip.
Honestly his post doesn't jive though, just doesn't sound real.

Well, despite a big amount of very useful posts (respect for staying open-minded, patient and scientific, Deinonychus) the debate itself seems very pointless, as some people don't really want to know.

Reminds me of what I told a guy at Breaking Convention about Terrance McKenna: I told him that it's out that McKenna himself didn't ever take high doses of mushrooms in a dark room and in fact hadn't tripped during the last twelve (or something like that) years of his life. To which he told me he didn't want to know, because he holds the guy in such high regard. Ok, admitted it's not completely the same, but reading this discussion is like watching someone try and explain something to a bunch of eleven-year olds with their fingers in their ears singing "LALALALALA" so they won't hear what's being said.

At any rate, something else that's not even come up so far, astonishingly really, is the influence of set and setting. The focus has been on the drug part of the equation, while I am convinced that set and setting play an equally important part. Especially for those who believe what others tell them about the product (which goes for most people to some degree... everyone who buys groceries in a supermarket has undoubtedly been influenced by commercials at some point), stories whether conscious or else will influence your experience. Not to mention all the other variables included in these two simple but oh so important terms set and setting.

once owsley got rolling he was buying his lysergic acid or ET from chemical supply companies. all of this changed when those precursors became illegal, but by this time strong bonds had been made between those in the chemistry world internationally and those cookin up the love. from what i understand czechoslovakia had (and maybe still has, in the countries formed out of the old one) very lax laws and enforcement on the trafficking of LSD precursors. czechoslovakia didnt even make LSD illegal until 1975. there was a great thread on here years ago about how a lot of people in higher up positions of the czech government took acid and loved the psychedelic culture. the band the fugs were allegedly hired to play for them personally.

i would be surprised if LSD precursors are manufactured the same way safrole is with MDMA--LSD networks are much, much more organized and connected in general

Anyone else have this 100% cellular level feeling of shedding your very being, having it peeled off and feeling completely renewed after the trip? Almost refreshed or reborn yet still your old self just with less baggage? Ego death?

i watched myself in the mirror through microscopic detail cell by cell divide and ebb away like plankton in the ocean bare bones nerves tissue drifting in the cosmic current of energy

^I've had a friend rail 250mg of raw at a festival in FL. After he got back down to Earth a good bit, he was talking about how the world broke down in molecular structure as he watched himself breakdown into simpler form in each 'bubble.' I don't know many other people that can go that far at a music festival..or I guess I could say 'knew' in his case.

once owsley got rolling he was buying his lysergic acid or ET from chemical supply companies. all of this changed when those precursors became illegal, but by this time strong bonds had been made between those in the chemistry world internationally and those cookin up the love. from what i understand czechoslovakia had (and maybe still has, in the countries formed out of the old one) very lax laws and enforcement on the trafficking of LSD precursors. czechoslovakia didnt even make LSD illegal until 1975. there was a great thread on here years ago about how a lot of people in higher up positions of the czech government took acid and loved the psychedelic culture. the band the fugs were allegedly hired to play for them personally.

i would be surprised if LSD precursors are manufactured the same way safrole is with MDMA--LSD networks are much, much more organized and connected in general

Well, not many things on this earth can be sold at the same value as LSD, and that is produced on the same scale LSD can be done at. Not only does it have it's economical value, but it's spiritual and recreational value isn't matched by anything else. Supposedly, it can be matched with years of dedication and hard work, but it'd be hard to compare the results of the two. If you're already there, how are you going to get the same effect others would with psychedelic breakthrough?

^^ Do you think the psycho-spiritual value of LSD exceeds that of other psychedelics? I personally think that mushrooms, or more specifically the host of substituted tryptamines that lie in the fungus, are easily equal to LSD as far as producing valuable mystical experiences, I just think they're different as far as the types of feelings they produce. Acid seems to connect me with the universe at large while mushrooms give me the utterly distinct feeling of sharing my brain case with some other form of life, something powerful, ancient, and truly alien to ordinary human experience.

Anyway I don't think value judgements need to be made on the subject, if somebody thinks that acid is more valuable on the whole than other psychedelics I think they're entitled to their opinion, but I'm just curious if I understood that part of the post correctly.

^I've had a friend rail 250mg of raw at a festival in FL. After he got back down to Earth a good bit, he was talking about how the world broke down in molecular structure as he watched himself breakdown into simpler form in each 'bubble.' I don't know many other people that can go that far at a music festival..or I guess I could say 'knew' in his case.

Really? Actually really? Your friend snorted three thousand dollars worth of drugs in one shot? Are you sure he wasn't pretending to impress you?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1129381/pdf/westjmed00307-0025.pdf

This is a description of a case where 8 people were comatosed after snorting raw LSD believing it to be cocaine. Presumably they wouldn't have done more that 50mg or so (a large line of cocaine). How likely is it really that your friend took 5 times this amount without suffering a medical emergency?

This is how drug myths start. Uninformed teenagers will now be echoing what you wrote on web forums until the end of time.

The title of this thread still cracks me up everytime I read it :D