• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Shed a layer of skin" while peaking on chinese needlepoint lsd?

Information on "needlepoint:" http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5448684/fpart/all/vc/1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_(symbolism)
tumblr_laus8ku95v1qa1ix6o1_500.gif

(from Be Here Now)

i spent a bit of time reading this on some fire L yesterday!

Needlepoint isn't a type of Acid, it's where LSD is measured from the tip of a syringe. Seems like you've forgot to switch on your gullibility filter.

needlepoint is supposedly a brand of crystal LSD from a specific chemist/distribution network, often claimed to be 98%+ purity, but i would be very surprised if that was really the case all the time someone calls something "needlepoint".

however this is the first time ive heard of "black" fluff ha! some terribly synth'd L was going around years ago that was allegedly purple/blackish until you laid it.

needlepoint is supposedly a brand of crystal LSD from a specific chemist/distribution network, often claimed to be 98%+ purity, but i would be very surprised if that was really the case all the time someone calls something "needlepoint".

however this is the first time ive heard of "black" fluff ha! some terribly synth'd L was going around years ago that was allegedly purple/blackish until you laid it.

I liken it to the same way that everyone dealer selling marijuana for the past few years now only ever has "kush"

The difference is that cannabis is a mixture of at least 84 active compounds. Therefore it's entirely reasonable to expect variations in drug effect between different cultivars.

LSD is one single compound - LSD. 100μg of 98% pure LSD and 200μg of 49% pure LSD will have exactly the same pharmacological effect. This is because whatever makes up the remainder of the mixture (d-iso-LSD, lumi-LSD, unreacted ergolines) are entirely inactive at microgram doses).

The fact that the OP is more concerned about the apparent purity of his LSD than the dose he took demonstrates a general level of ignorance about drug use that leads to numerous hospitalisations every year.

Last edited:
I was taught that needlepoint is L that has been refined over 7 times, making it a purer form, not an actual crystal type, but I guess to some, purer doesn't matter...cuz apparently 98% will do the same exact thing as 49% if taking double of the latter...

That shroomery link isn't bad. There is at least one person there calling people out on this color coded crystal nonsense:

"It is entirely possible to have two very different looking crystals of the same substance with essentially the same purity, just as it is entirely possible to have two similar looking crystals of the same substance with very different purity. You can't tell just by looking!"

Its amazing to me that this keeps having to be restated: you cant tell the potency of any drug based on how it looks. All that fluff and needlepoint nonsense is just a marketing gimmick.
Agreed, LSD is LSD. I've read here on bluelight though that sometimes LSD may make somebody feel "dirty" based on if the L wasn't stored properly, set/setting, how the drug effects a person, and other factors.

Just sounds like dissolution of preconceptions to me. Not that it is not very profound and deeply changing and healing, getting a clean slate... but I personally think that psychedelic phenomena people experience during it are just manifestations of your mind. I don't feel the necessity of overcomplicate the process by such metaphorical descriptions. But I don't want to judge people who do. Just be careful not to get lost in metaphors, the overcomplication can cause you to try and find additional explanations for the psychedelic phenomena.

Oh man I had this acid called needle point once it was amazing I know exactly what your talking about!

No LSD is just that and yes I've had someone call it that but whatever it's either LSD or its not. Everyone should stop it with this 90% 98% stuff. I would imagine your buying smallish amounts I guess if your buying a 50 gallon drum you have the right to talk percentages but if your getting 5 hits its either week or strong not 95% or 99%

That's the way I see it at least, and I am far from new to this substance. Thanks for making me miss it though :( it's been a while.

Oh man I had this acid called needle point once it was amazing I know exactly what your talking about!

If it was amazing, it's because the dose was strong. No more, no less. Why dealers can't call it "stronger than usual" or "XXXμg" rather than "needlepoint" is totally beyond me.

Why dealers can't call it "stronger than usual" or "XXXμg" rather than "needlepoint" is totally beyond me.

Because your mileage may vary and because XXX mcg is just as uncheckable for the very large majority of people and "needlepoint" just sounds sexier. Easy. Dealers are still dealers. Black tops, white tops, green tops, red tops... really, in that sense selling crack is not that different from selling acid apparently. Guess I'm just lucky I'll buy 'good' or 'weak' blotters which I can then get tested. Last batch tested at about 100 mcg, and for the first time in ten years of taking acid I have an idea what 100 mcg is like in terms of intensity.

Aaaaaanyway, "Chinese Needlepoint" is classic. We should keep it. ;)

This is true, my friend bought (while I was there) some black crystal laid in liquid. It was shit.

I've eaten all kinds of acid, and I think there is a difference from crystal to crystal, batch to batch AS WELL AS trip to trip. It's not quantifiable, but I personally think I have noticed these distinctions.

I'm also totally willing to consider that my opinions on this reinforce those differences. Who knows maybe one day I'll hit up a double blind experiment :)

Last edited:
I am sorry but, "chinese needlepoint" makes me LOL.
I have worked raw point before and I gotta say I strongly doubt that it is ever made in china. I know all my raw comes from Oregon and locally in far northern california. It's not as common to come across needle as other qualities and the price is VERY high compared to my other prices. But, there is nothing like the trip from high quality LSD. I have read posts on BL in which members don't believe there is a different in crystal qualities and the trip they produce. They absolutely do. The worse the crystal is, the more negative side effects your body will experience such as gastro discomfort, back pain, neck pain, headaches etc.

As for the post on "black" crystal.... I don't doubt it. I have seen a few funky batches before of dark color...... Not pleasant on the body at all to take. I would not give it to someone....

Last edited:
I have worked raw point before and I gotta say I strongly doubt that it is ever made in china. I know all my raw comes from Oregon and locally in far northern california. It's not as common to come across needle as other qualities and the price is VERY high compared to my other prices. But, there is nothing like the trip from high quality LSD. I have read posts on BL in which members don't believe there is a different in crystal qualities and the trip they produce. They absolutely do. The worse the crystal is, the more negative side effects your body will experience such as gastro discomfort, back pain, neck pain, headaches etc.

As for the post on "black" crystal.... I don't doubt it. I have seen a few funky batches before of dark color...... Not pleasant on the body at all to take. I would not give it to someone....

I agree with you...but annon is gonna see that and bitch:), but I have to say again, that needlepoint isn't a specific type of crystal...it's just a reference of purity. Needlepoint can be an end product in any synthesis method.

All the many different batches and packs I've gotten over the years lead me to a strong belief of this... If it was only by my account, I would be more liable to lean the other way, (probably not though:)) but having so many people with the same praises or complaints gives me more solid evidence than my own head.

As for black liquid...friends of mine use to saturate clear crystal into alcohol as far as that it could dissolve. It ended up being rather black, and they drove around with it in jager bottles for better concealment, but it is possible to end up with an ending product that is black, although it would seem like precautions or certain steps voided...sounds gross..but I wouldn't know.

I agree with you...but annon is gonna see that and bitch:), but I have to say again, that needlepoint isn't a specific type of crystal...it's just a reference of purity. Needlepoint can be an end product in any synthesis method.

All the many different batches and packs I've gotten over the years lead me to a strong belief of this... If it was only by my account, I would be more liable to lean the other way, (probably not though:)) but having so many people with the same praises or complaints gives me more solid evidence than my own head.

As for black liquid...friends of mine use to saturate clear crystal into alcohol as far as that it could dissolve. It ended up being rather black, and they drove around with it in jager bottles for better concealment, but it is possible to end up with an ending product that is black, although it would seem like precautions or certain steps voided...sounds gross..but I wouldn't know.

Yeah, I know someone will bitch. I'm not going to argue with anyone. I speak from experience no one is forced to agree.
Yes, point generally refers to the purity being extremely high (near pure). But, the name comes from the needle like crystals which certain batches have. But, with that being said I have dealt with point that was not "needle" like. It was still of utmost purity.

As for the dark color it was not liquid. It was raw. It was gross and i won't eat it. It doesn't make it's appearance often in my circle. But, it sometimes comes around in large packs for very low cost. Generally, buddies of mine that gobble L like it is their job and will pretty much sample anything. Most of them will not eat the extremely poor quality LSD. I don't blame them. Spend most of the trip nauseous with body discomfort.

I was taught that needlepoint is L that has been refined over 7 times, making it a purer form, not an actual crystal type, but I guess to some, purer doesn't matter...cuz apparently 98% will do the same exact thing as 49% if taking double of the latter...

Hah, what an awesome coincidence: regarding the veracity of this sort of statement, I refer you to your own username. It's all fake!

It's all marketing to be precise. Just like 'kush' and 'doublestacked' rolls...

So would you care then to posit a mechanism by which different batches of acid would produce different effects, is 'dirty' or 'clean'?

Because there's a problem with that hypothesis. It goes like this: when you're taking a blotter, you're taking something that has been exposed to a liquid containing the acid that results from a synthesis, and then dried, leaving the acid adsorbed (with a D) onto the internal structures of the paper. The total weight of the compounds left in the blotter once the solvent dries is generally in the high tens to low hundreds of micrograms. I do say compounds – plural – because there will be other isomers besides the active (+)-LSD.

But here's the thing: the major impurities in the product of an LSD synthesis will be those other isomers, and those isomers are totally inactive. Not mostly inactive, totally inactive. So the most likely possible candidates for compounds present besides (+)-LSD are totally irrelevant to the effect that administering the drug will have.

Right about now is where most proponents of the theory that acid can vary from batch to batch will say that there are other impurities that are active and thus will effect the subjective nature of the trip. I would challenge this statement as follows. Suppose that there is something that is an active compound that may be contaminating the blotter. The question obviously is then how much of this other active compound is present?

Well, let's say that the acid is 90% pure. Even then, the amount of this other active impurity on a 100 microgram blotter will be in theory a grand total of ten micrograms! But wait, we're forgetting that there are the other three totally inactive isomers of LSD present as well. So in actuality the amount of this hypothetical centrally-active contaminant will be less than ten micrograms, probably less than five micrograms!

But even if the 10% that wasn't acid was entirely made up of the active contaminant and no other inactive isomers of acid were present, you'd still need the compound to be fully effective at a dose of ten micrograms! That is crazy small; I don't know of a single active psychedelic that is anywhere near that potent. And so even if the acid is even less pure, hell let's make it only 50% pure, there's only going to be probably less than 25 micrograms of this hypothetical active contaminant because some of the 50% that is not (+)-LSD will be made up of the inactive isomers.

So we would need this hypothetical contaminant to cause effects – negative effects in this case since we are after all discussing supposedly 'dirty' acid – at a dose of probably less than five micrograms, and even in the case of acid that is so shitty that it is only 50% pure it would have to be active at no more than 25 micrograms and probably a fair bit less than that.

Do you know of any compounds that fit the bill? Hell even acid itself isn't active at 25 micrograms! And furthermore not only must this compound be truly absurdly potent, the potential pool of compounds from which to choose the identity of this hypothetical contaminant is smaller still since it would have to be produced somehow as a byproduct of the synthesis of LSD itself. And so when you really think about this scientifically, you see just how incredibly small the chances are that something that is active at those levels would be possibly included with the acid when the blotter gets lain.

---

So what then can account for the wide variety of effects that acid can produce? Because it would be foolish of me to claim that it is untrue that the subjective effects of acid wildly vary. The answer lies in the nature of the compound itself. Out of all of the psychedelic compounds available to the modern human, there is hardly anything that is intrinsically more variable than acid itself. LSD is without question one of the most – if not the single most – sensitive compound to set and setting. And it is also simultaneously one of the most powerful psychedelics known to man: it can be unbearably intense at times, either in a positive way or a negative way depending on the situation.

It also is known for its propensity to produce psychosomatic effects. That means that it is prone to producing a state where mental issues – unhappiness, guilt, whatever negativity is present – and translating that in a synaesthetic way into what feels like discomfort in one part of the body or another. This is in addition to the very real 'vegetative effects' that it can produce as a member of the ergoloid family.

So to reiterate what I said at the start of this post: can you specify some potential suspects for the identity of the compound that is active in body and mind in such a way as to produce negative feelings and discomfort, and also fulfills the criteria of being fully effective at less than 25 micrograms while also being somehow produced by a sloppy synthesis? Or can you propose a mechanism to scientifically explain the supposed variation from batch to batch as far as being 'dirty' or 'clean' that doesn't invoke the necessary presence of such an unlikely active contaminant?

I'm open to hearing anybody's theories about this, but I've been here since '03 with my old account and in that time this question of 'dirty acid' and speculation as to potential culprits has come up literally too many times to count. And in that time I haven't seen a plausible explanation for the supposed 'dirty' nature of one batch or another. People on. Both sides of the debate are quite vehemently assured that they are correct, and so the debate usually turns into just plain arguing, and so that's why I tried to approach this post from a scientific standpoint while keeping it devoid of vitriolic accusations or ad hominem nastiness, and as I said I'm open to theorizing on this subject, but just claiming 'it's true because I know it's true' doesn't cut it when logical analysis using the process of the scientific method and applying the idea of Occam's Razor has built up a fair bit of evidence backing up the opinion that tripping on acid is just an inherently variable experience.

I'm not going to bitch, I'm just going to ask a single question: BY WHAT MECHANISM?

The placebo effect is well documented.

^ I am not a scientist therefor can /will not identify the mechanism. Placebo effects ARE well documented. No one is arguing that fact. But, different qualities of LSD play directly to the trip. Such as body discomfort as mentioned before. How do I know? Let's just say I have vast experience with different types of raw. We even have tested the placebo theory on more than one occasion. Not one person in our group had trouble identifying which LSD was what type by ingesting orally. Keep in mind, we all had extensive experience with the 5 mentioned purities as our LSD comes from the same place each time.

You might not be a scientist but people who are are telling you that there is no known substance that could present the phenomena that you are describing. Unless we start looking at supernatural explanations, your hypothesis doesn't stand up.

You might not be a scientist but people who are are telling you that there is no known substance that could present the phenomena that you are describing. Unless we start looking at supernatural explanations, your hypothesis doesn't stand up.

Once again, I will state I don't have a scientific explanation of why the increase of purity leads to a "cleaner" experience when lower quality can lead to many body discomforts. Especially, if you claim all the byproducts are inactive. (Which I do not know and will have to ask a buddy who is an organic chem grad for his opinion) I wish I had the scientific explanation...

Point being the placebo claim is invalid in my situation. I understand LSD (and other psychedelics) are very powerful tools which the experience can differ based on setting and other variables. But, that is not the case here. If I eat the same lsd every time (which I pretty much do these days) and my buddy gave me lsd that he told me was <90 % purity but, in reality it was 50% purity, I would be able to call him out on it. We have played games ( "experiments") where we got exchanged lsd (without knowing which batch) and then once high we were able to draw a conclusion of which lsd we took. Keep in mind we have all had much experience with all the supplied batches. But, not one of us has mistaken. We have done this many times.

In my experience when the purity decreases I suffer from nausea, headaches, body cramping, gastro problems etc. (i have a serious gastro condition too so that is never good) Keep in mind this only gets "bad" and completely ruins the experience with VERY low purity. I won't buy, or sample these anymore. Very low quality like i speak of is not as common as mediocre and high quality LSD. It is generally very low prices (in respect to raw pricing) and generally no one enjoys it.

Again, I don't have a scientific explanation (or hypothesis) for you. But, my experiences are what I draw my conclusions from. I can not argue with what I and others have experienced.