View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sharing is caring...?

slownerveaction

Bluelighter
Have any of you had the (perhaps slow) realization that it was far more fun to give share and give drugs away rather than horde them to yourself and just one or two other people? Like, the environment of being high was more fun than coordinating your own high?

Maybe it's a peculiar form of selfishness. It's definitely gotten me and my mates a premium campsite on more than one occasion.

Yup! I give away way more of my psychedelics than I ever end up taking. I feel like I might even offer too much to the point of almost weirding people out.

It's funny how it's so opposite of some drugs. Imagine a pill head saying that he just gives most of his pills away for fun.

I share my psychedelics with my friends all the time and I gave some away at the festival I went to last summer. It's fun to trip with people and it feels good to provide someone who appreciates it with a good experience. :)

Absolutely without question. It gives me a good feeling helping others in general. That is how I look at psychedelics at least. Wish I could say the same regarding all drugs. My friend asked me if I would float him a little MXE for some cash and I said no please take it. He had a very positive experience, and it feels good to know I could provide him with that. Psychedelics/dissociatives are a gift and should be treated as such.

It really depends. I don't really spend money to give it away to people, only because they don't for me and I don't have psychedelic using friends like that. I wont charge extra so like if I have acid I would have a friend pay maybe a little more to cover exact gas or a lunch from fast food because I "earned" it. I will say I find myself far more likely to gift something, give it at cost, or front someone out of everyone I know. Its just difficult to make a habit out of it when it doesn't happen to you and you do not expect it to.

I tend to be a pretty generous guy and always want to blow peoples' minds, but I've only seldom actually shared my stash (aside from weed, which I share liberally). The reason is that it's difficult to know what's good for someone. If someone expressed interest and desire, I would not hesitate to share. However, I will not suggest it. It has to come from someone else.

Do I know enough about the person next to me to say, yes, it would be a good idea for them to have their world exploded today? I used to think I could help people in such an overt way, but I no longer believe that's the case. Mostly, people need to help themselves. The bright ideas and suggestions of others often interfere. Not always... but usually.

So, yes, I would like to share, but I always hesitate. Before we think we know best about what would be good for others, we should make damn sure we've got our own selves all sorted out.

I tend to be a pretty generous guy and always want to blow peoples' minds, but I've only seldom actually shared my stash (aside from weed, which I share liberally). The reason is that it's difficult to know what's good for someone. If someone expressed interest and desire, I would not hesitate to share. However, I will not suggest it. It has to come from someone else.

Perfect reply. I have learned long ago that someone has to ASK for a sharing or transaction to work out well. Offering coming from me to someone who has not asked usually does not turn out well or not as planned. And also too many people that didn't ask that I shared with still have "whatever" in their cupboard sitting there with no interest.

Being Holy week here I will close out with a method I use when it comes to sharing, "ask and ye shall receive". I found if people don't ask then they will not receive anymore. If they ask they have a desire and the experience will work out better.

Man, I've given away more psychs than I can count.....mostly at party's that I hold or at feativals....gotta treat the neighbors right!

It's also nice to know your neighbors will look after your campsite when your away too....and it always comes back around....get offered food, beers, bud.....can't wait for summer!!!!!

I'll be starting it out with summercamp over Memorial Day weekend.....don't have a whole lot planned other than that, Chicago dead shows and phish at alpine!

For me it's almost habitual to share psychedelic drugs out with anyone who wishes to seek the answers. These days I do kind of vet people a little bit, I no longer share with those just looking to get off and get messy. Only those who have respect for the sheer power of psys and has little to no access to them.

I share my psychedelics almost to the point of giving too many of them away. I just don't feel right hording them or taking them a lone. I'm selective about who I will share with though, I'm very weary of sharing with newbies.

Compared to my days with opioids it's a total 180. Those things I would horde and stay in and do like the greedy asshole that I was. I'm a better person for leaving those days behind.

iv had friends freak out so many times on drugs that i have hooked them up with, partly due to my stupidity at the time, partly because lots of my friends have a much more sensitive constitution to drugs than i have. it makes me wary of trying to hook them up with anything that is trippy, i mean you can't really go wrong with certain things, but i don't want to spend 1 more night tripping and freaking the hell out because my friend is having mega paranoia/anxiety or borderline psychotic due to underlying schiz or something.

i used to be too generous if anything, now i try mind my own business a bit more when it comes to drugs

I believe DMT is never to be sold. i believe this is a moral issue to a degree. but if i have DMT i only share it to someone who is willing to give it repsect, use the DMT nexus, consider the risks and benefits, and be careful whom they introduce it to. also i make them promise to keep it safe and secret and to pass on my ideals.

as for mushrooms, LSA, or peyote i'd give them away with other special conditions. usually i give LSA out with the least amount of conditions. personally i've shared LSA a few times and it felt great!

i love the idea of growing your own source and synthesizing your own chemicals. though there's risks you really and seriously need to consider if you go down that path. especially with synthesizing/extracting. you need to ensure your end product is safe for consumption and such. personally i need to get some of shulgins TIKAL and PIKAL to learn how to DIY my own compounds. but i love this idea combined with a secret drug organization that believes in cognitive liberty. perhaps even a spiritual organization as well; or have a spiritual sub-chapter to the organization in case some people don't feel spiritual about psychedelics.

but i believe strongly that sharing is important. psychedelics imo shouldn't be about stinginess.

Last edited:
I believe DMT is never to be sold. i believe this is a moral issue to a degree. but if i have DMT i only share it to someone who is willing to give it repsect, use the DMT nexus, consider the risks and benefits, and be careful whom they introduce it to. also i make them promise to keep it safe and secret and to pass on my ideals.

as for mushrooms, LSA, or peyote i'd give them away with other special conditions. usually i give LSA out with the least amount of conditions. personally i've shared LSA a few times and it felt great!

i love the idea of growing your own source and synthesizing your own chemicals. though there's risks you really and seriously need to consider if you go down that path. especially with synthesizing/extracting. you need to ensure your end product is safe for consumption and such. personally i need to get some of shulgins TIKAL and PIKAL to learn how to DIY my own compounds. but i love this idea combined with a secret drug organization that believes in cognitive liberty. perhaps even a spiritual organization as well; or have a spiritual sub-chapter to the organization in case some people don't feel spiritual about psychedelics.

but i believe strongly that sharing is important. psychedelics imo shouldn't be about stinginess.

You really remind me of the guy who first introduced me to dmt. He has a very similar view to you on psys. He also taught the importance of being a guide to those less experienced in use of psys. Big ups man.

thanks man! i have a deep and profound respect for psychedelics. :) i mean they were the thing that helped treat and cure my PTSD (undiagnosed but highly suspected). LSA was the DOC and i suspect that it should be looked into for treating PTSD and other trauma/stress related disorders as well as breaking down the "barriers" that we hold so strongly onto.

I definitely enjoy sharing psychedelics and empathogens as much as (or more than in some cases) I do taking them myself. I remember the first time I purchased a gram of 2C-E (and received extra mind you) I was thinking to myself "Wow, at 8-12mg a trip this'll last me a life time probably if I don't trip too often", but within two years and a lot of sharing it was all gone, ending with me handing the last 200mg to someone just because I only trip a handful of times a year now and felt like he ought to be the one to have it.

If you have 10 doses of LSD and take them all yourself, I feel like you gain less from those 10 experiences than if you take 1 dose with 9 other friends who also take the other 9 doses between them, or 2 doses with 4 friends, etc. :)