Share something POSITIVE from your day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys it was really good.. but next time im going to sweeten it with pineapple or mango and red pepper it up a little more.. I haven't cooked to much asian.. which is why I asked for a comprehensive asian cookbook for christmas this year.. but I was surprised to learn that that crazy breading that is often found on GT is a cornstarch slurry.. or egg, mad amounts of corn starch, and soy sauce.. I always wondered what it was now I know.

*drools* at the chocolate cup cakes

Our dinner plans fell through due to a bunch of snow. So we ordered Chinese for the first time in ages.
I am completely immobilized now but sure it will pass soon. :)

Today, I buried the hatchet with my estranged cousin.

After several years of nursing a serious resentment, I messaged her on Facebook and told her how I felt. She told me how she felt and said she had no idea she had hurt me the way she did.

We both talked through our issues and agreed to put the past behind us. I never thought this day would come. I am crying happy tears.

Went to the doctors n have an appointment for blood test next Thursday to check thyroid ( why I'm struggling to lose weight) n for early menapause. Why i'm getting the hot flushes etc. well that's positive in my opinion xxxx

Wrote some new music finally

Nice MS are you in a band? :D

After several years of nursing a serious resentment, I messaged her on Facebook and told her how I felt. She told me how she felt and said she had no idea she had hurt me the way she did.

We both talked through our issues and agreed to put the past behind us. I never thought this day would come. I am crying happy tears.

That's great deltakappamu, it feels great to make amends with a long time enemy. Two of my long time friends actually talked at least weeks ago in my friends party and they are ok again. It was the best thing that happened that night. Everyone just got along and partied..

Something positive for today: Gotta treat myself tonight to go to a spa :D

I went to the local Swedish shopping mall with my gf and her mum today!! haha! It was hilarious; the atmosphere itself and little idiosyncrasies of this country made me smile heaps :D

That is totally fantastic! I watched my mom and her four siblings reconnect later in life and now they are so close. It had to run its course as there were lots of bad feelings for years.I guess in the end, they realized they were only hurting themselves.

My good thing: one of my 5th grade students who has had a very tough time over the last few years (lost one parent to murder and the other is in prison and was never much there anyway) was quietly working away on her art assignment in the back row. I walked by and saw that she had really captured what the assignment was trying to elicit and asked if I could use it to point some things out to the class. She is pretty shy so I asked her very quietly in case she didn't want the attention. The look of pride and gratitude and joy on her face was heart melting.

@Evelvibe--it's great that you are going in to find out what's going on. I am older than my two best friends and they both went through menopause years before me. I like the way they call it menopause instead of menostop--it doesn't come back!;)

Oh I feel amazing and pretty lol!! I gotta like treat myself to spas every 2-3 mos for stress relief.

I seriously need to start doing that. I have been telling myself I am going to get myself regular upper body massages done at a spa for EVER! I really need it!

That is totally fantastic! I watched my mom and her four siblings reconnect later in life and now they are so close. It had to run its course as there were lots of bad feelings for years.I guess in the end, they realized they were only hurting themselves.

My good thing: one of my 5th grade students who has had a very tough time over the last few years (lost one parent to murder and the other is in prison and was never much there anyway) was quietly working away on her art assignment in the back row. I walked by and saw that she had really captured what the assignment was trying to elicit and asked if I could use it to point some things out to the class. She is pretty shy so I asked her very quietly in case she didn't want the attention. The look of pride and gratitude and joy on her face was heart melting.

@Evelvibe--it's great that you are going in to find out what's going on. I am older than my two best friends and they both went through menopause years before me. I like the way they call it menopause instead of menostop--it doesn't come back!;)

Thats awesome about your mom and sibs! That is so, so important. Resentments can get us really sick in the head! And thank you so much for sharing about your student.. things like this make my day and give me a little restored hope in humans :)

;)
That was awesome to read <3

I watered the front lawn and plants today. Even though it's not much, without them we wouldn't be alive. :)

^Yeah for more money!

When I came back from my trip they told me that they had given me a raise but then I noticed they were paying me for less hours LOL!

That's ace news. How old are 5ft grade?

A positive thing - I had a relaxing warm bath xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.