• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight fight fight ABetterWay as there is a better life down the road!!!

Picked up tickets to wrigley for dead and co.

19 days off alcohol and cigarettes

^ Congrats ABW and NSA (cigarettes are particularly difficult imo)!

ABW, focus on this last time. You know that there will be cravings, sadness and all things can go wrong after you quit. You already know that, so make sure you are ready for the next phase! It also took me some time but as I realized how fragile the post withdrawal could be I sort of drafted different plans to prevent me from relapsing again. You know everything you need to know and you have the power to do this!

I wish you the best of luck! One moment at a time.

^^Thanks so much you guys!

Erikmen, what you've said it's so so true. I've made it through acute wd many times but obviously relapsed. I, until this and my last attempt, had never given enough thought to that vulnerable period right after, where everything just sucks and you start going a bit mad. But I have finally learned my lesson, I must take that fragile time into consideration as that's exactly when I screw up, every time. Thank you :)

This is also huge because in order to get out of an abusive marriage, I need to be clear minded and not running around constantly doing math and figuring out how to not be sick. Ugh. It's a lot of damn work to be on a substance that makes you violently ill in its absence. Too much time, energy, and work. I'm over it :)

Thanks for the cheers, neversickanymore. I have to say I just love your username. Great name, a nice positive thing to reinforce the good that came from letting go of that :)

Take care guys and have a beautiful weekend! :)

Hope you are doing well ABW!

Signed in for swimming tonight. Still had 2-months credit at the gym.

Since taking kratom I finally have the willpower to run. The simple fact that I now look forward to the run makes me feel accomplished and confident.

My good mate returned from his trip home to Italy. I hadn't seen him for about 6 weeks, the last time we hung out was special- I introduced him to DMT. Anyway, today we caught up, had a coffee, went for a nice walk and discussed fucking everything from human evolution, astrophysics, the UK election, why time is quantified in the manner it is, our girlfriends, the differnce between oil and water, sound engineering, photography, etc. Just a nice few hours with someone I really connect with. :) Met him through random chance when he briefly worked at my old place of employment, and we clicked instantly. I dig his blunt, Italian manner. He just tolerates absolutely NO bullshit :D

We are receiving our bonus in June. I'm not sure if it's going to be the same as usual but definitely unexpected, no matter if it's not that much. I'm just feeling good about this as we have discussed about changing the date. Good news!

It's Friday. It's sunny and warm outside. I'm going for one full hour of exercises and I'm feeling great.
Wish you all a great weekend! :D

Been sober for a few years.... beginning to open some old doors/connections...fuck I miss being high

Congrats aphoditej! That's a great achievement!! :)

I'm also sober for 2 and half years. Opiates and benzodiazepines.
I know the feeling, especially when I need to sleep. Now with opiates (few of them specifically) it's not as bad, 'thank God.

My sister and her husband have the most amazing bird feeders off their deck on a river. Today we watched three different kinds of woodpeckers, one gorgeous flicker, stellar jays, chickadees, a pair of grosbeaks, nuthatches and finches go through two cakes of suet in one day. Right next to that is the hummingbird feeder that is also in constant use. Who needs a TV?

Getting back to my exercise routine has been quite good for me, although I'm not as regular as I used to be. Nice to see new faces at the gym as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.