Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Indeed.

I'm happy for this longer weekend. I love Fridays, but tonight I am so glad to see my own 'kids' having fun in different ways I used to in their ages. :)

When a dog is kicked enough they will bite. I finally bit today after much heartache with family and friends. I prayed and heard cut the fat off. So i did and its spiritually uplifting to drop negativity from your life and punch in positivity and do it in a classy way thats what my mommy taught me, lol. No cussing. Positivity is powerful my friends great thread!!

@bomber, Two weeks! That's great! You got this, hon. You said "was" so I'm thinking you slipped up? I've redefined "failure" for me. I have a habit of being very hard on myself when I don't get the results in something I was after, to the point that I neglect to give myself credit for how hard I'm trying and how legitimately hard the struggle is etc. But recently I've decided you know what? If it takes me 100 attempts then so be it. Because unless I straight up GIVE UP then I'm not failing. And I'm giving myself credit for getting back up and trying again every time I fall down. This recent shift in my perspective has been most helpful.

Don't give up, you got this, hon :) I dint know what your drug(s) of choice is/are. But if you go through my posting history there's a thread titled something like "H withdrawal soon/chronic pain" that's quite active currently. I feel so fortunate that so many really great, kind, supportive people found their way to that thread and posted.

I mention that thread in case you'd like to come join in and get some encouragement as far as trying to stay clean. It's pretty laid back, everyone without exception has been just so nice and lovely so far, and we all understand the struggle. So, check it out if that sounds good to you, you will get encouragement and support there :)

Take kind, gentle, loving care of yourself.

Peace xo

Thanks. No I didn't use drugs again, I used the word "was" to explain that I got clean BEFORE getting in the program. The heroin w.d. are over now, but I will still check the thread :)

o.t. I didn't have something important to do today so I sleeped so many hours. I needed it.

Indeed herbavore they are. Lots of Lilacs here in NC too. Missef flowets in Wyoming everything dies there in that tunndra!! Flowers are wonderful natural benzos for me. Im gonna garden when i move to Cali!! Thanks herbavore and erikman

Beautiful sunshine day! Not even one cloud. I'm going for a long walk while there will still be silence outside. :)

i spent a bit over 2 hrs cleaning up parents backyard to make some money.

felt good, i think i understand how to work unassisted now almost. theres some intuitive sense of how to maintain or caretake a space.

^I rented a small shack of a cottage behind the house of the elderly landlady back when I was 20. She gave me free reign to take care of the garden which had always been tended by her late husband who had been gone for years. The whole space was essentially a massive overgrown weed and bramble patch. I had so much fun learning how to get roots out, tend soil, amend soil, prune trees and shrubs etc. I developed my love of gardening there and I am so grateful for the experience.

Grateful for inspiring things in life. For having passion in doings I like.

I have also taken care of my parents garden when I was living with them. It was under my responsibility. No money involved. So I decided to try a lot of things like planting all fruits I could eat. 20 years later the place is all flourished and we get to pick and eat a lot of juicy fruits that I planted myself! :)

Erikmam was up buddy good to see ypu still out here. I find if you can be upbeat in the darkest of times nothing can defeat ypu and you become bionic. Bless my positive peeps;)

Thanks Closeau! :)

I'm betting everything on it. Pretty hopeful though, as long as I live one day at a time.

20170520_213244_zpsib3jwtbs.jpg

:)

^ Wow, that's awesome! You should be proud of yourself.

Well, I didn't do anything today really, but I feel a spark to start working out again for certain reasons. That's a start.

Took some positive steps in my recovery today. Went of for a nice Sunday brunch with my mom.

Went to a party with my son for one of his friends that has also become my friend(she lived with us back when they first graduated high school after he went off to college). Good to spend time with a bunch of twenty-somethings having fun. The generations get isolated from each other more in America than other countries I have lived in and that is not good for either the young or the old--we need each others perspectives, we need each others energy and even more than that we each need to see the endless variations and diversity within any group (in this case, age groups).

Status
Not open for further replies.