Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Share Something Interesting About Yourself

drug_mentor

Bluelight Crew
The moderator team has decided to be a bit more relaxed about allowing social threads in Australian Drug Discussion, including ones which don't relate directly to drugs. This decision has been made for a number of reasons, primarily in order to increase the community vibe and get the conversation flowing in this forum. I ask that we try and keep the social discussion confined to the relevant threads, so as to avoid dragging harm reduction focused threads off-topic. :)

The purpose of this thread is pretty self explanatory, to share something about yourself which others may find interesting.

An interesting fact about me is that I served as a jury member on a murder trial in the Supreme Court of Victoria a number of years ago. Obviously I can't elaborate on the details too much, but it was fascinating to see that side of the criminal justice system in this country. I was pretty pissed off when I initially got dragged in for jury duty, but my attitude quickly changed when I found out what case I would be serving on.

Im quite good at singing, but dont have the courage to sing around ppl. Love to sing on my own though.

I'm a former circus performer. I put myself through my last two years of high school doing circus gigs (fire twirling, juggling, stilt walking, clowning) at parties. I went through clown school a few years later and did children's parties for a while.

I haven't picked up the tools for a few years, so I'm really out of practice, but I still get my clown on for parties sometimes.

i went to irish dancing lessons every week from the age of 11-15 or thereabouts. my mother pretty much coerced me into doing it initially (against my protests), because my sister who is 3 years younger than me went. there were about 2, sometimes 3 boys to about 20 or more girls in the class (and i was very shy at the time). first learning with soft shoes and eventually you would get heeled shoes which you could tap with and do clicks in mid-air etc.

i love to move to music now, but its generally techno/house/minimal that i vibe with.

^ funny, i've been obsessed with traditional irish music lately; specifically the really old ballads and rebel songs.
A lot of that stuff is really the foundation of a lot of modern (non electronic) music, from the folk tradition into rock'n'roll and pop.
I love dancing as well, but i'm totally self-taught.

I can't think of anything interesting about myself that would maintain my pseudo-anonymity...

I'm curious though - d_m; did jury duty give you more or less faith in our justice system?
I've heard of jury members being horrified by the ignorance displayed by their fellow jurors - or did you have a good bunch of '12 honest citizens'?

I write poetry when very intoxicated (don't tell anyone :sus: )

I've also found martial arts and meditation to be excellent replacements for drug use. Anyone else here practice either?

Despite that, I got really fucked up and smoked DMT for the first time last weekend. It was an amazing experience, but not quite as intense as I expected (other than the smoke itself - that felt like inhaling volcanic fumes).

I'm curious though - d_m; did jury duty give you more or less faith in our justice system?
I've heard of jury members being horrified by the ignorance displayed by their fellow jurors - or did you have a good bunch of '12 honest citizens'?

I wouldn't trade the experience but I felt really bad about the way it concluded. For a while I felt a bit disillusioned with the whole thing, but at the end of the day I suppose it is better that we are too careful as opposed to careless.

I would say the bunch of people were pretty honest, although I think when you get twelve strangers together there is a level of self monitoring that goes on, nobody really wants to be the first to express bigotry or to suggest that we should ignore the judges instruction on something.

I've also found martial arts and meditation to be excellent replacements for drug use. Anyone else here practice either?

I no longer practice martial arts but I used to be in to them. I have done a bit of Karate, Boxing, Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, plus a couple other things here and there. What do you practice?

I don't meditate but I keep meaning to give it a go, I have been trying to practice some mindfulness techniques to help with my anxiety, but I must admit I am pretty lazy with it and tend to reach for a beer or a benzo much more often.

I am a career military officer (IDF), now retired and being a bum in SE Asia. I am anal retentive about facts, obsessed with Middle Eastern Geopolitics and have been an opiate/opioid addict for almost 32 years (am fourty-eight).

Last edited:
The most interesting thing about me is that i've been in several films and my family have worked on some this countries biggest films (Mad Max etc) and television shows. I've meet heaps of the journos on TV like Yana Wendt, Charles Wooly, Carlton, Denton and the producers, directors and editors that make it all happen

I'm also a corporate stooge who works from home every day now for the past 5 years (what can i say i got a crazy weird thing going) and obsess about military equipment and systems - even though i think all military spending is a utter waste and should be funneled into colonisation of space (it would solve every reason why we war in the first place).

I am a career military officer (IDF), now retired and being a bum in SE Asia. I am anal retentive about facts, obsessed with Middle Eastern Geopolitics and have been an opiate/opioid addict for almost 32 years (am 48).

wow you must be a jedi master of avoiding drug tests

Most interesting thing about me? I have been caught in the cross fire of, and/or witnessed 4 separate shoot outs in America. These all took place in Junction City, Kansas within a one year time frame. First one was when a botched drug deal took place two blocks from my house and I heard the noticeable thunder of a .40 calibre Glock go off, and saw the victim hanging out of his car window, gurgling and trying to scream. It was this weird, gurgling, guzzling sound from being shot in the neck and lungs. The dealer ran THROUGH my yard and so the police ran trough my yard as well, and interrogated me because at the time I was chopping wood from a fire and holding an axe which I didn't drop.

Second one was when I was working as a bouncer for an all black hip hop club when I stepped outside for a cigarette and saw two cars pull up outside across the street, and numerous white people got out, including two angry white girls who were yelling and screaming, and I watched as one of the girls took out her 22 handgun and shot the girl in the stomach 2 times, then she lept in the car and drove away speeding. Cops took 10 full minutes to show up as the girl was crying and screaming and her friends were trying to treat the wounds as best as they could before 16 police cars showed up. The shooter had been long gone but they found her that night and she was on the news the next day.

Third one was when I was walking down my street and looked over across the road to see a man screaming at his wife and holding a shotgun. he shot at her blowing out an old TV set but failed to hit her despite her being maybe ten feet away. Cops got there faster this time and arrested him as she went into shock and had fainted.

Fourth one was when I woke up one day to loud BANG. BANG. BANG. shots of a .22. I walked into the back of my house to investigate the noise when two bullets pierced my metal storm door and knocked a shelf down. I and my GF at the time went to look out the window in the front and saw that some Arab guy was shooting at a tree in his backyard; highly illegal, not to mention the fact he was accidentally shooting through the house and narrowly missing me. I was so enraged I ran out the front door and pounded on his front door to tell him he was shooting up my fucking house, and I was going to either punch him or demand he replace the door and shelf.... or maybe both. He hid in his house and refused to come out as I was shouting, and so I had to call the police. I told them that someone was SHOOTING THROUGH MY HOUSE, and despite living quite literally on the same street as the JC police station, it took them almost 6 full minutes to get there. When they finally diid I told them the story and the guy was carted off to jail. I didn't want to involve police, but him refusing to answer the door and barely missing me made me think it was a good idea to call the cops.

After all that, I moved out of the city as soon as I could.

My partner does martial arts and finds them a really big part of living a healthy/disciplined life. He sometimes misses practice when we have a bender, but he feels really bad about it!

I like bouldering outdoors and indoors.

My family is Jewish, all though I am currently a non-practicing atheist (I don't intend to circumcise my boy or make my children do anything Jewish unless they want to.)

My family is from all over the globe, on my dads side eastern europe, on my mums spain/england/poland and so on and so on (the wandering jew sort of thing.)

One of the cooler places my family has stopped by in recent generations is southern africa. My grandfather was one of very few white/jewish people in the capital city of Namibia, Windhoek. He went by boat when he was 15 with his siblings and was told to get to work, so they opened a bar/restaurant/inn which they called "Troubles" (an apt name, so I'm told.) I actually went to go see it when we visited about a decade ago and was told to stay in the car, all though I desperately wanted to see the shack out the back of the place my grandfather worked and slept in for so many years.

Last edited:
I like bouldering outdoors and indoors.

My family is Jewish, all though I am currently a non-practicing atheist (I don't intend to circumcise my boy or make my children do anything Jewish unless they want to.)

My family is from all over the globe, on my dads side eastern europe, on my mums spain/england/poland and so on and so on (the wandering jew sort of thing.)

One of the cooler places my family has stopped by in recent generations is southern africa. My grandfather was one of very few white/jewish people in the capital city of Namibia, Windhoek. He went by boat when he was 15 with his siblings and was told to get to work, so they opened a bar/restaurant/inn which they called "Troubles" (an apt name, so I'm told.) I actually went to go see it when we visited about a decade ago and was told to stay in the car, all though I desperately wanted to see the shack out the back of the place my grandfather worked and slept in for so many years.

That is badass. your gramps sounds like a solid MF'r in a good way, that is. I'm a yid myself, pally.

Chugs: Israel is a very different culture than America. We view addiction as a health issue and do not treat it any real difference than say diabetes. As lomg as the person is cognisant and responsible about their condition it isnt necessarily a handicap. Moreover, I like so many colleagues got addicted in combat. Many got it through serving in Lebanon where our allies in the SLA often gave us "gifts." Others, like me, got wounded and back when we all carried 2 monoject morphinea in our kit addiction was wide open. That nasty Rapid Detox was invented by an IDF Captain, Waizmann, as a way in which to put us back into play quicker. What isnt accepted in the IDF is partying recreationally.

InfectedMushroom: I know that after a long while and a whole lot of debate that S. Africa DID classify Jews as "Whites" but we are not white. We come in all shades but culturally are as far removed from that poisonous obsession with melanin as humans can get...though I have to add a bunch of ignorant brothers imagine themselves to be this, that and the other.

As for you being a "non practicing Atheist," how does that practicing Atheism work? Sorry, couldnt resist but, your rationale for denying your son a Brit (ritual male circumcision) is non sensical. We are no more a religious group than the Druze, Yazidi, Samaritans, Mandaeans and dozens of other ethno collectives. Long before our ancestors adopted ethical monotheism as our spirituality we were a tribal people united by blood. Of course IF you father a child with a non Jewish woman it doesnt matter either way. But if you do so with a Jewish woman you are denying your son a vital part of his patrimony as well as any real chance of bonding with other Jews.

One can be an Atheist but will always be a Jew even if he tattoos a X between his eyes and sings "Michael Rown Your Boat" until he pis*es blood. What a shame for you, and moreso for any child you might have.

Last edited:
Can we stick to "share something interesting about yourself"?
Y'know, something positive without projecting our beliefs or prejedices on other posters...?

Yeah, let's not take the thread off topic. Raki, I'll PM you, I'd like to dismantle your comment piece by piece in private ;)

InfectedMushroom: I know that after a long while and a whole lot of debate that S. Africa DID classify Jews as "Whites" but we are not white. We come in all shades but culturally are as far removed from that poisonous obsession with melanin as humans can get...though I have to add a bunch of ignorant brothers imagine themselves to be this, that and the other.

As for you being a "non practicing Atheist," how does that practicing Atheism work? Sorry, couldnt resist but, your rationale for denying your son a Brit (ritual male circumcision) is non sensical. We are no more a religious group than the Druze, Yazidi, Samaritans, Mandaeans and dozens of other ethno collectives. Long before our ancestors adopted ethical monotheism as our spirituality we were a tribal people united by blood. Of course IF you father a child with a non Jewish woman it doesnt matter either way. But if you do so with a Jewish woman you are denying your son a vital part of his patrimony as well as any real chance of bonding with other Jews.

One can be an Atheist but will always be a Jew even if he tattoos a X between his eyes and sings "Michael Rown Your Boat" until he pis*es blood. What a shame for you, and moreso for any child you might have.

I do have to say that one downside of being a nordic looking, dark blonde Jew like myself is that in Israel people often ask me several times if I'm Jewish or why I am in Israel when they find out I speak minimal Hebrew (at the moment that is), and then on the opposite end I have been accused of "not being white" despite my Nordic appearance by antisemites, because I am Jewish. The difference is that no matter how nordic or non-stereotypically Jewish you look, if you are a Jew people will not forget it and only your own kind will be there for you in the end. Culturally I identify with Russians the most in many things (I am Russian/German Jewish) but it simply doesn't matter. In the end if Jews do not understand, respect and protect their own kind, no one else will. For better or for worse we are a part of something greater than ourselves, and no amount of westernized, deracinated political correctness or leftist dogma can scrub from you the lineage you possess. People will remember it, and when push comes to shove, they will point the finger at us as they have done time and time again. Just look at current MSM portrayals of Israel and the BDS movement. People think it could never happen again, but humans have a sad history with trying to fix what they continue to fail at.

Last edited: