• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Shaking uncontrollably on heroin??

Gemini666

Greenlighter
I did some dope awhile ago (like 4-5 hours, snorted) and don't really feel high anymore but I'm shaking uncontrollably. Not just hand tremors, I'm talking like my knees wobble when I stand up and it feels like they're going to give out. I took a low dose of vyvanse (30mg) around 8 hours ago, but I don't think that has anything to do with it because this has happened to me before when I took only heroin. Last time it happened was only like the 3rd time I'd ever done heroin and it freaked me out so much I went to the ER because I thought it was a sign of an overdose or something. They told me I was showing no signs of an overdose (low heart rate, not breathing, etc) and I ended up being fine and I felt stupid afterward. It still just really freaks me out because I don't know wtf my body is doing. Could it have something to do with blood sugar, like when the H wears off your blood sugar drops? I'll try and eat something and see if that makes it better.

It could be blood sugar, but its a guessing game for us to make this presumption without further information. Sounds like anxiety of some sort, Ive had something similar happen usually itd be right when i first picked up after a long break though (problems with hands shaking while holding the foil and lighter).

Your body is telling you something important so listen to it!

I sure hope you're okay, but my guess is that you'll be fine. did you end up nodding out and sitting in the same position for a while? sometimes that can cause ones' joints to become shakey.
I would suggest just relaxing and laying down some, and know that stimulants will cause agitation like this to happen while even on heroin.

i sometimes get shaky if i've been clean for a while and they do a fat hit. i doubt your anxiety is helping though, drink something sugary and try and watch something to take your mind off it and hpeuflly stop you panicking - but also, heroin sucks and you should consider learning from this incident. hope it passes soon

It eventually went away and I'm fine now with no other symptoms. Not sure if it was anxiety or not because I didn't really "feel" anxious but sometimes anxiety just manifests itself physically.

I get this whenever i take hydrocodone. Its usually when its just wearing off I think my body likes to be high but the come down is a little rough sometimes

Sounds like a chaffed cut, but moreso now that the high is gone your bodys processing a toxin.

I've had general shakiness on opioids of all kinds including heroin. I notice it mostly on the tail end of a high and it manifests primarily as my teeth chattering regardless of the temperature. This might be different than what you are describing as it isn't any kind of feeling of weakness and if I want to I can concentrate and get the shaking to stop.

This hasn't happened to me for some time though. It was most prevalent at lower tolerance levels and higher dosages. I can't remember the last time I experienced this.

I do not think it has anything to do with the cut. I've had this happen from every Rx I've had and heroin from New Jersey and tar. Poppy seed tea did it more than anything I can remember which would lead me to think something like thebaine could be the culprit. On the other hand, I had no tolerance when I was drinking tea a decade ago so that might have more to do with it.

I would guess you were not overdosing and it was not a sign of toxicity of any kind but you are the only one who knows how you were feeling and I think you did the right thing to seek help if you were fearing for your life. Nothing wrong with that.