• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

SFPD sergeant arrested for robbing Rite Aid in treatment for prescription pill addiction

phenethylo J

Bluelight Crew
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Francisco police sergeant known for helping addicts get off the streets is accused of robbing a San Mateo Rite Aid as he battled his own prescription pain pill addiction.

San Francisco Police Sergeant Davin Cole has been with the department 27 years where he was known as a dedicated officer, husband and father, which is why his attorney says those who knew him are stunned at the allegations he's now facing.

"Everybody is shocked," said Tony Brass, Sgt. Cole's attorney.

A San Mateo Police Department Spokesperson says Wednesday night, while off duty, Sgt. Cole robbed this Rite Aid, then resisted arrest

"It's not something we hear about every day," said San Mateo Police Department Spokesperson Officer Alison Gilmore.

"It is my understanding that Sgt. Cole walked into a Rite Aid in San Mateo County armed with a weapon from my understanding that weapon is not his duty weapon, with a note demanded that he be given prescription medications, the ones that are the basis of his addiction and that upon leaving the store he was tackled to the ground by two San Mateo either sheriffs or police officers and arrested for the offense," said Brass..............

San Francisco officer arrested on suspicion of robbing Rite-Aid pharmacy | KTLA

That seems like such uncharacteristically irrational behaviour. I wonder why he couldn’t have done something else…

Yaay drug prohibition!!

Thank god he didn’t use his service firearm.. rolls eyes. What’s the difference.

Another good persons life down the tubes.

Stay the course.

The current definition of addiction is a continued behavior despite repeated negative results. All sides seem to be quite addicted. Users, Law makers, treatment and the medical community changes their behavior but just make things worse. What a shit show