• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

seroquel trip

I once used to get Adderalls from this guy I knew, in college, before I knew much about drugs. One time he gave me these 10 pills that looked different and told me they were 20mg generics. I took 2, didn't feel anything, took 2 more, didn't feel anything, took 1 more, and finally just went to sleep. I woke up with the most horrific sensation in the early morning, I felt like I was about to jump out of my skin, literally, or that I might die. It's really hard to explain the sensation, I felt an immense level of fear and discomfort that I was desperate to stop feeling. It felt like my hair was on end and all my muscles were clenched as powerfully as they could be and I couldn't unclench them. My mind was completely blank. No matter what I did I couldn't banish the feeling, and I also couldn't get up. The best I could do was curl up in the fetal position and tuck my head down a certain way, it seemed to make it slightly more bearable. I stayed like this for about 8 hours, I missed my classes that day. I kept the rest of the pills in my trunk and years later, when I was much better equipped with knowledge, I found them again and looked them up... turns out they were Geodon pills. That fucker called me back the next day and was like, hey, sorry I needed money, I'll get you real Adderall soon but don't take those, I found them in my mom's medicine cabinet, you shouldn't take them. I told him I already did and was lucky to be alive and to fuck off.

Moral of the story... don't take antipsychotics if you don't need to, and be careful even if you do. I'm thankful I returned to normal partway through the next day.

~5 Geodon, sacre bleu...

That stuff has a crazy binding profile. While mirtazapine is generally a pretty different substance, sometimes it gave me that feeling of 'wanting to jump out of my skin'. A special brand of restlessness I guess, I'd say unlike the straightforward restlessness from withdrawing from GABAergics.

By the way I probably would never take something like Seroquel if it wasn't such a very low dosage (I will start trialing 25 mg / day soon), unless I was utterly psychotic that is.

Well, I decided to try seroquel again. This time I split the 200 mg in half and took half in the morning and half at night.

after about four days, I've noticed some interesting traits of this med, and how it affects me.

When I drink lots of caffeine it really messes up how the drug works, and makes me miserable.

Ive found that it hits you hard for the first two to three hours, and during that time it's helped me to drink tons of water.

Also, eating some peanut butter has eased the effects when you start.

Basically, for two to three hours, it will make you feel really weird, probably. Anxious, strange, sense of doom even.

But when it goes away, your mind feels opened up, and music sounds better.

But if you're not eating and drinking lots of fluids, you will probably feel very anxious.

these are just my observations.

So i thought i should just put this in here, SWIM has a box of 50x300mg seroquel. the most SWIM has ever taken is 1x300mg pill and trust me SWIM will never do that again. The trip you are describing is basically your reality interacting with your dreams.

Seroquel is a 2nd generation atypical Antipsychotic which belong to a group of antispychotics also known as Major Tranquelizers and neuroletpics. In lamens terms what this does is it shuts down parts of your brain to make your brain think its asleep whilst your motor function is still active (fucked up). If anything this is a medication used for date rape.

Basically this medication is made for if you are absolutely flipping the fuck out, having mania, halucinations. basically anthing that you get so freaked out that you cant controll your body or your brain is going nuts. They will give you a dose of this (usually 25-100 mg unless otherwise) it will shut you down and you will shut the fuck up and be on another planet.

So in short if you ever find 300 mg Seroquel cherish them, because they are rare and are the strongest tranquelizerz pescribed, placed on the same level as Ketamine =]

Enjoy

Hi welcome :)

please don't say SWIM, it's pointless and not allowed here on the forum. But thanks for the effort of trying to avoid self-discrimination, that is always - generally - good.

I have only used Seroquel once or twice, testing it for sleep and other possible advantages for my case... but I rejected the stuff and refused a script of it, now I am on other stuff - lyrica - that is worlds better than any anti-depressant, anti-psychotic or neuroleptic I guess.

I'm sure that seroquel can produce some mental confusion that can be weird and downright trippy, but this is a far cry from psychedelia IMO and also has little to do with ketamine. Not sure why you ought to cherish super strong neuroleptics either - if it were straight up sedatives, now that is a lot more pleasant.
But yeah anti-psychotics in general tend to be good for stopping a trip in its tracks, naturally. Certainly good for keeping them in the house if your house sometimes sees tripping people. :)

It isn't necessary to drag up an old thread for this, but of course you are free to discuss, zoni :)
I just hope you have better drugs over there in aussie - I hear the laws are downright terrible.

Yo solipsis, why are you trying seroquel if you don't mind my asking?

Cause I am diagnosed with a type of (high functioning) autism spectrum disorder, and a typical first line of medication - if medication is chosen at all for that! - is low dose anti-psychotics like Seroquel.
I mostly gave it a shot for a few days to be fair to my very nice shrink, cause I got him to also let me try Lyrica based on the anxiety aspect - which turned out to be a raving success. I had already incidentally tried pregabalin and gabapentin a few times in the past, and it just made sense to me for a couple of reasons.
So basically I gave in to trying 'their' suggestion so that they would consider it more reasonable for me to try my suggestion.

I also chose to try mirtazapine in the past and got it scripted for a year. Was less of a success than Lyrica but it also helped me out a bit.

For me Seroquel is no good, it feels like carpet bombing - any small advantages like being able to fall asleep better are apparently not caused by direct hypnotic effects but by feeling fucked up and drowsy beyond words. It only works indirectly and I don't wake up feeling fresh, not by a long shot.
On Lyrica I am both able to fall asleep better (it has been helping structurally), and wake up relatively rested. I even try to take a dose upon first awakening, so that after a bit of a snooze that may occur I get a boost to get up.

I protested myself against Seroquel at some point, cause of the TD (among other things: blunting effects etc) ... but that was put into perspective just as I have tried to do in that other post.

Last edited:
Can't see why anybody who doesn't suffer from a severely debilitating psychotic condition would want anything to do with this.

Try diazepam - it's wonderful. Whether you can't sleep, have tight muscles, are hungover/coming down off stimulants, are anxious/irritable/pissed off or you just wanna get nicely fucked up; this stuff does it all. It's the shit.

I've been dependent on benzo's. They are absolutely great for occasional / incidental / infrequent use, but for insomnia or anxiety it is a really bad idea to start using benzo's for it without supervision cause the type of symptoms I am talking about last pretty indefinitely - and nobody should try continuing (self)medicating with benzo's like that.. it is a temporary solution, but the next day your problem is likely to return, perhaps worse.. then it will eventually lead to the dependency that I got, even though I resisted upping my doses all the time to compensate for tolerance.

Hopefully Lyrica is a more responsible choice, even though I don't plan on using that indefinitely either - it is more like support while I am really kickstarting my life (job, living, relationship etc)... when that is stabilized at a steady pace I can taper and go on without medication - that is the plan.

I've been dependent on benzo's. They are absolutely great for occasional / incidental / infrequent use, but for insomnia or anxiety it is a really bad idea to start using benzo's for it without supervision cause the type of symptoms I am talking about last pretty indefinitely - and nobody should try continuing (self)medicating with benzo's like that.. it is a temporary solution, but the next day your problem is likely to return, perhaps worse.. then it will eventually lead to the dependency that I got, even though I resisted upping my doses all the time to compensate for tolerance.
I have been using diazepam most weekends for the past 3 years. I take it once or twice a week because I think it feels awesome and it's such a versatile drug. I went through a couple of phases of taking them 3 times per week for a few weeks but never had problems with tolerance or addiction - it's all about respecting your health and knowing when to call it quits.

Hopefully Lyrica is a more responsible choice, even though I don't plan on using that indefinitely either - it is more like support while I am really kickstarting my life (job, living, relationship etc)... when that is stabilized at a steady pace I can taper and go on without medication - that is the plan.
GHB is well worth looking into (personally I'm gonna get GBL next time because I hear it's cheaper/more potent/longer lasting). I have a real soft spot for this drug because it increases serum hGH levels and it occurs naturally in the body. It doesn't seem to be particularly addictive either - I was getting G'd up 4 times per week after gym sessions and never ran into any problems.

Soooooooooo

this accured about 4 years ago, seroquel is a medication used to treat schizophrenia, i had been on it for months and had no negative side effects that i could pin point. then on about three ocasions i had this strange experience, i started triping after i had taken it, i no it has some thing to do with the seroquel because the trip started each time about half an hour after i had taken my dose. i had delusions of malevolent entitys, and extremely warped ideas about certain people that were signifacant in my life at the time,colours were melting, and their was a subtle sparkle emanating off objects, i felt their was a true negative force inside me,it made me think their was some kind sub atomic parasite locked into me , i thought i could see it ziping around under my skin(FUCKED UP).

so any 1 got any ideas how this shit basicly had an opposite effect on me,

trust me theirs some thing sketchy about this drug, i would suggest using risperadal if you have the option.

any way , hope you believe me,

p.s please excuse the sloppy ending , me mephadrones wearing off.

I'm 15, 140-150 pounds. I recently went to rehab and while there the psychiatrist there raised my seroquil to 400. Haven't notice extreme drowsiness, but I had my eyes closed and I can only describe it as I was "focusing on the darkness" of my closed eyes and I started seeing extremely vivid colors pictures and it look awesome... then I opened my eyes and I was still seeing shit it was a black ball with lines/static surrounding it. And the ringing in my ears got extremely loud as well as a "buzzing sound" like a fly and It grew bigger as the sounds grew louder so I left my room and told staff what happened and they just let me chill outside for awhile. It wouldn't happen if there was light so I opened my door, it helped that night. But my room can't sleep unless the door was closed, so the next night I was talking with my roommate the door was closed but I assumed nothing would happen as I was talking to someone (I kept the seeing shit away from the other resident only a couple of staff knew) and I closed my eyes and was talking to him, I saw the vividness and colors begin to appear so I rushed my eyes open in hopes it wouldn't happen but this time when I opened my eyes the lights above our sink was three bulbs and things over the bulbs but I saw black tentacles all around the lights and moving and I just kept talking to him joking around hoping it would go away but it didn't it progressively got worse. So I just said I was gonna go outside for awhile and he didn't second guess it, when I walked out the girl staff I told what happened the night before immediately asked me if it happened again I told her what happened and again just waited outside of my room until my roommate passed out, after that night I always waited for him to fall asleep before I tried to. I got out 6 days ago today, and I always have a blue light in my room because I already had bad paranoia in the dark seeing black figures out of the corner of my eye, I also have my tv and Xbox in front of me so I watch YouTube till I fall Asleep and I haven't seen anything so far, 400 doesn't really improve my sleep, right now I'm typing this at 5:42 am bc I have 400mg pills and I was wanted to take 2 tomorrow to see if it really helps but as much as I want to, the fear and anxiety of seeing the other things was enough and idk if I should. I'm going to though, knowing me

I heard Seroquel is good for putting a break on a LSD trip gone sour. Would you guys recommend that?

I would recommend something more typical like a benzodiazepine to abort a bad trip, since seroquel can have unpredictable side effects for some people. However, I appreciate having seroquel around if I need help sleeping. I haven't tried it with LSD, but when I take 3-MeO-PCP I can occasionally have trouble sleeping, and a small amount of seroquel breaks me down quick! (as little as 25mg- it works better for sleep for some people in lower doses)