View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

seroquel trip

raising_da_piggy

Bluelighter
this accured about 4 years ago, seroquel is a medication used to treat schizophrenia, i had been on it for months and had no negative side effects that i could pin point. then on about three ocasions i had this strange experience, i started triping after i had taken it, i no it has some thing to do with the seroquel because the trip started each time about half an hour after i had taken my dose. i had delusions of malevolent entitys, and extremely warped ideas about certain people that were signifacant in my life at the time,colours were melting, and their was a subtle sparkle emanating off objects, i felt their was a true negative force inside me,it made me think their was some kind sub atomic parasite locked into me , i thought i could see it ziping around under my skin(FUCKED UP).

so any 1 got any ideas how this shit basicly had an opposite effect on me,

trust me theirs some thing sketchy about this drug, i would suggest using risperadal if you have the option.

any way , hope you believe me,

p.s please excuse the sloppy ending , me mephadrones wearing off.

Why were you on it in the first place? What was your dosing regime?

Ive had the same experience. It happened to me 2-3 times. I just did them for fun, have never been prescribed medication of that kind, so I dont think its just because of me. I know of other people who have experienced similar events. I dont know why, but it seems to induce a sort of delerium in some people. Which is quite paradoxal as its sometimes used to battle psychosis.

It's fairly dangerous to "trip" on seroquel as what you're experiencing is probably some kind of symptom of neuroleptic malignant syndrome. You run the chance of permanently damaging your dopamine receptors causing parksinsons-like changes in the brain and CNS, basically tartive diskinesia for life... If you feel these symptoms stop taking your medication and make an appointment with your doctor ASAP. I was prescribed seroquel and had this happen to me, it wasn't pleasant, and dangerous as I ended up walking around in a semi-delirious state in public, due to the extreme restlessness this drug can cause.

Atypical antipsychotics are known to cause paradoxical reactions in some people, and I'm fairly shocked to see them handed out like candy by MD's ignorant of the possibly permanent consequences. I'm considering going on risperdal to get through school this year, but I'm still averse to the idea because of this reaction. Be careful with this stuff, it's no toy...

...You run the chance of permanently damaging your dopamine receptors causing parksinsons-like changes in the brain and CNS, basically tartive diskinesia for life... If you feel these symptoms stop taking your medication and make an appointment with your doctor ASAP. I was prescribed seroquel and had this happen to me, it wasn't pleasant, and dangerous as I ended up walking around in a semi-delirious state in public, due to the extreme restlessness this drug can cause....

That is a very uncommon reaction to Quetiapine (Seroquel). The newer atypical antipsychotics are a major improvement on earlier major tranquilizers because they usually do not cause serious side effects like tardive dyskinesia. I have read absolutely nothing about these alleged Parkinsons-like side effects that you speak of. Seroquel is one of the safer atypicals.

maybe you should lay off the mephedrone and see what seroquel does all by its lonesome...just a thought

quetiapine is, for the most part, a vastly superior drug to old antipsychotics like risperdal.

That is a very uncommon reaction to Quetiapine (Seroquel). The newer atypical antipsychotics are a major improvement on earlier major tranquilizers because they usually do not cause serious side effects like tardive dyskinesia. I have read absolutely nothing about these alleged Parkinsons-like side effects that you speak of. Seroquel is one of the safer atypicals.

I'm speaking of my own experience, just because it happens less often doesn't mean it never happens. There's always a select few people who will have bad reactions, especially when other medications are involved. Seroquel might be safer than haloperidol or chlorpromazine, but that doesn't make it completely risk-free.

I admit that Seroquel is better than the bad old days of the meds mentioned above, but I might go on risperidone soon so my opinion on this matter may change... I just had a bad reaction to quetiapine during the summer that forced me to realize it's not as harmless as my doctor and others apparantly believe.

Last edited:
Seroquel is also an antihistamine/anticholinergic. I guess that could be why you experienced as you did....All I know is that seroquel basically makes me a drooling idiot.

It happened to me once. After an all-nighter, I finally got home at about midday. I was on it for sleeping problems. A bloody anti-psychotic for sleeping problems, because it was 'safe'??

Anyway, back then I used to smoke a lot of pot. Never did me any harm back then.

I had a joint, took my Seroquel, and went to lie down to let it have its effect.

Before I knew it, my heart was going crazy. It was just a panic attack, but for some reason I thought I was having a heart attack.

I somehow managed to get a concerned neighbour to drive me to the Freemasons hospital (nearest) and went in. Although I didn't think so at the time, I was fine, but was put on a bed for about five hours. It felt like I was having a full-blown mushroom trip without the mental effects. I say mushroom trip, because the visuals were identical to previous mushroom trips. Fractals, breathing walls, so much colour... They had to put me back into the bed after I started wandering up to the windows and talking to the other patients, telling them how pretty they were and these secret societies really know their stuff. In hindsight, it was quite good fun. A full +++ on the Shulgin scale. I never knew a hospital could be so pretty. I accidentally offended one of the staff by calling her a stonemason though - from that Freemason satire episode.

After that I went home perfectly fine, after an AU$500 bill...

Anyway, moral of the story (which I'm not sure I conveyed) is that Seroquel is shit, and you shouldn't ever go near it. Surely there must be something better.

Seroquel is also an antihistamine/anticholinergic. I guess that could be why you experienced as you did....All I know is that seroquel basically makes me a drooling idiot.

Yeah, the effects on histamine are supposed to be what causes the sedation, which is pretty heavy even in small doses. The akathisia is fairly similar to the restless legs feeling you get from benadryl or other antihistamines, not fun. The zombifying effects as well as watery eyes caused some random outburts of crying in front of my family... and I'll second agram's reccomendation not to combine neuroleptics with pot, they don't play well together.

I think part of the reason why anti-depressants and these other atypicals are pushed so hard is you basically can't use drugs on them without either: not feeling anything, freaking out, having seizures, or going temporarily insane. It's great how society treats those who are slightly different eh?

It's fairly dangerous to "trip" on seroquel as what you're experiencing is probably some kind of symptom of neuroleptic malignant syndrome. You run the chance of permanently damaging your dopamine receptors causing parksinsons-like changes in the brain and CNS, basically tartive diskinesia for life... If you feel these symptoms stop taking your medication and make an appointment with your doctor ASAP. I was prescribed seroquel and had this happen to me, it wasn't pleasant, and dangerous as I ended up walking around in a semi-delirious state in public, due to the extreme restlessness this drug can cause.

Atypical antipsychotics are known to cause paradoxical reactions in some people, and I'm fairly shocked to see them handed out like candy by MD's ignorant of the possibly permanent consequences. I'm considering going on risperdal to get through school this year, but I'm still averse to the idea because of this reaction. Be careful with this stuff, it's no toy...

I've never taken Seroquel but a friend of mine does take high doses of it for mental issues that he has and he does get tartive diskinesia but he is on other medications too. :(

Wow.

No, you can't trip of Seroquel. Swimerfish, we don't use SWIM here. We know its you. Also, your post is impossible to read.

taking seroquel for recreastion as a youngster was one of the most foolish choices of my life...though i am lucky to have come out of it without long-term damage (not to say that is the norm, being damaged). ate half of a big round pill (lol, it that determines anything), i was told it was one of the highest doses that they put into one pill. i 'greyed out' about half an hour after taking it...while walking up the stairs everything went tunnel-vision like, a grey fog reminiscent of rubbing your eyes overtook my vision. i remember thinking, 'i hope this goes away' and i sat there for about a minute, with no visual connection to the world, and very little physical connection to my body...luckily it faded off. i went up stairs, tried to puke from feeling so 'off' but did not succeed. i got a ride home from a friend, and everything had a dream-like feel, but not a 'trippy dream-like state' more of a lost, disconnected and quite scary effect. i remember looking down my apt driveway and seeing a person walking towards me, it took me a minute to focus my eyes on them, and when i did i realized it was a flower pot...lol, seamless visual, very deleriant-esque.

i was laying in bed and my room was trippy, but i had this feeling of weight, that felt very wrong and unhealthy. the last thought before i drifted to bed was, 'i hope i wake up tomorrow', death seemed a very real possibility. and it wasn't just a delusional thought, like a paranoid, 'i'm gonna die' rant...the physical sensation felt as though it could take me out, and i had a very serious, and scarily almost calm notion of 'i might die'...

overall, scary, bad, no good.

but it was a kid taking an anti-psychotic for recreation. what did i expect?? i'm not speaking to the drug's application for psychotic patients. but i can relate to the posters who spoke of psychotic reactions to the drug.

on the good side, the exp served as a final nudge pointing me towards absolute abstinence from pharmaceutical recreation...it was never really my cup of tea, but this night ended my experimentation.

well i guess if a psychedelic drug such as LSD can be used to create temporary psychotic states in sane individuals, on the flipside, an anti-psychotic given to a sane person can produce psychotic states ?

no the fuck theyre not thats total main stream bull shit i took fluphenazine hydrochloride prolixin 40 mg a day way past ld50 and its the most powerfull pheynothainzine out theyre and withdrawled almost died but the same shit happens on geodon seroquel and fuckin zyprexa theyre all pain in the asses but ive actually had the worst problem with seroquel it almost killed me fucked my heart up out of beat and sent my blood pressure sky high btwy i cant spell i just dropped 80mg geodon yeahs i have a mental dissorder iam schizzoaffective ive been on every pill except several typicals and clozaril

yeahs badly ive had it happen to me alot they give lsd peopple usually chloplormazine thordazine not thorazine

was it big and white? if so 100 they come to a 400 its oblong instead of round i took 800 mg a day it can seriously fuck u up for good

well swim took 900 mg and triped hiss ass off and swims friend swimmer does it all the time its a side effect look it up

epescially nms its almost over with if you catch that nuroleptic malignant syndrome swim knows another person who had a expirence so bad the went to icu off just a 50 pinky of suzy it was a bad reaction swim is telling u it can trip u out not every one well atleast not every time

wow iam so high i thought you said to use swim damn lol

Last edited by a moderator:
yea,this def happened to me just the other day(actually like two days in aa row).I would have crazy dreams,that my family was in distress,like my son being taken away,me going to jail and shit.And I wud wake up to weird shadowy figures,and just really weird feeling,almost like coming up on a hallucinogen.(I am not prescribed seroquel)

I know exactly how you feel.

I was prescribed 200 mg of seroquel.

First night I took it, after about an hour, or maybe an hour and a half, I felt really tired, like I took 6 benadryl.

I felt a slight warmth. And a very bold, new, different presence. Like a lonely, industrial futuristic presence.

My sense of atmosphere of where I am was gone, and this weird presence took over.

It was very strong.

I closed my eyes and saw fine patterns shape shifting. I saw colors changing. It was subtle.

I was afraid to go to sleep, as if I would get sucked into something I would not return from.

I went out and bought some donuts, just to see if I'd feel better.

Came back home and finally went to sleep.

Roughly I remember the end of my dream being in a strange, futuristic feeling world.

I felt an apartment complex from my childhood mingled with the lost woods from zelda a link to the past.

Then it shifted to a nearby megamall, but with the creepy presence.

I woke up after sleeping roughly 10 hours. Drank some milk.

Went back to sleep for another 7 hours or so.

This time, the fallen demon prince of Assyria came after me.

He stood in front of me.

He grasped my chest, my face, and somewhere else I forget. When I would start to nod out, he attacked me.

I found myself head being shaken back and forth violently.

The presence kept saying to me "Bad! Bad!"

It finally went away.

Then I dreamt of a weird house in Russia. Some guy was boasting about how huge its living room was. With a 1000 foot ceiling.

I finally woke up, finally feeling well rested.

The lonely industrial futuristic Assyrian presence was still there.

I thought that perhaps these were side effects and that it would soon subside.

So I took another 200 mg, and within 2 hours was pretty good and knocked out.

Woke up this morning to go to an appointment.

A strange restrictive sense of doom could be felt at the center of my soul.

Not a pleasant feeling.

Then me and my mom both put our foot down and decided I am taking no more of these nasty things.

Not even a 1 1/2 hour walk with the dog got rid of this evil presence.

Not to mention, right after I took it, my heart would race STUPID fast when I went to urinate, felt like 200 BPM!

Last edited:
On the threshold of sleep and dreams a lot of very curious things can happen though, the question is: do you 'hallucinate' because of Seroquel during the day without the possibility of it being caused by something else?