• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Serious Voice and Speaking Issues months after huge drug binges?

PurePlusD

Greenlighter
About 4 months ago i had some emotional issues. And i ended up heavily abusing drugs for about 2 months.

The last binge i had was a tremendous combination of drugs and i thought i was honestly going to die. It consisted of: 5g (uncut cocaine), 10g highly pure speed, 10mg ativan, 10mg diazepam, 3mg clomazepam and 15mg of Zopiclone and a huge amount of alcohol i would say about a liter of whiskey, vodka and other drinks mixed in. This resulted in something fucking up in my throat and i had huge trouble breathing and it felt like something was moving up into my throat every time i breathed until the hallucinations started and then i finally passed out from the Zopiclone and benzos.

The above was one of my worst nights but i would say over the 2 months before that night i was using ridiculous amounts of cocaine daily since waking up. Price discussion is forbidden here but to give you a idea it was amounting to 5-6 times the average weekly income! I had lots of money saved up and lots of time plus connections. So yes the cocaine was highly pure and was from a tested connection.

My problem now, well i survived through that and now not used cocaine in 4+ months. But my voice has never returned back to normal! my words are slurred and i have problems pronouncing different sounds. People honestly think im drunk. I had a Taxi driver the other day say, 'Hey man, good to see you again, ha your sober for once your normally drunk every time i have picked you up before' ........

I also keep getting a problem with my neck. Something in my neck seizes up and starts spasming. I also go extremely dizzy when this happens.

Its becoming a serious issue now though because im back at College and its hard work acting normal when you can barely talk without slurring.

I've been taking Ativan for the last 10 months. Used to be on 4mg a night now cut it down to 2mg a night but seem to be having slight memory issues as well, lastnight i thought i hadn't taken my benzos and ended up doubling up on them without realizing!

I dunno, not a doctor or even particularly smart....but:
Yeah that's one hell of a binge you had there, could of done some damage for sure, but you write like you're lucid.
Also, I both sound and act a bit drunk and even more absentminded on 2mg Lorazapam - even when I had a tolerance and couldn't really feel them, other people would give me shit about my voice.

If you still got money and/or insurance an speech therapist might be useful - after a good honest doctor visit of course.

Still sounds like you got off pretty light, and have a future, so congrats?

If nothing else, fuck it, get to work and ace your fucking classes.

Last edited:
The twitches in the neck lead me to suspect benzo w/d. The dyskinesia could theoretically affect the pharynx/larynx too, affecting your voice.

I could also be way off base.

When I had my Benzo withdrawal, I couldn't speak for 7 days. Not properly. I'd think of words, try to say them, and nothing would come out. If anything did, it was complete jive. Took several months before I felt able to speak like my usual self.

I'd go see a doctor though, seriously.

You didn't abuse drugs, you drugged your head. When you abuse drugs you have a specific purpose and use specific amounts to achieve a specific effect. You had no purpose, used random amounts/types and you weren't looking to achieve a particular effect. So that's a distinction right there. Drugging your head is a form of barbaric behavior and is often related to self-injurious urges, so it is no different from harming yourself physically or shooting yourself in the head with a pistol. So we are not in the drug abuse sphere here.

No one can pinpoint for sure what's causing the voice problems because you mixed too many drugs in high amounts and combined them to alcohol. Your behavior was barbaric and lead to possible brain damage, so all you can do is wait and work towards improving your abilities.

How were the drugs consumed? And do you have any pre existing health conditions? Do you smoke or have you seen n the past? I'd like encourage you to stay well hydrated all day everyday and if you can then spend at least ten minutes in a sauna every day for a week or two to really clear things out:

As ksa said u didn't abuse drugs, u drugged ya head.

so it's not something we qualified for. I suggest a neurologist for a brain scan.

Edit:, you are lucky to be alive. 10,000 mg of speed, in a binge is BAD and deffo neurotoxic. Without the downers to counteract not sure you woulda made it

The twitches in the neck lead me to suspect benzo w/d. The dyskinesia could theoretically affect the pharynx/larynx too, affecting your voice.

I could also be way off base.

I think your right.

I know my actions with using drugs have been very irresponsible and i realize that now. I was going through a bad patch in life the woman i was deeply in love with left me and cocaine made me feel better. I think it was a cross between cocaine making me feel better and not really caring about life or dying. Now i do though.

Can someone PLEASE help me! i feel like im dying today. I had no lorazepam lastnight and today i feel like im dying. I had been previously on a stabilized dose of 1.5mg every night for sleep. But over the last 48 hours i had taken 0.5 the night before and none last night. Now today i feel very dizzy and basically like im dying. Balance is off and my ears feel funny.

I have just taken 0.5mg now as i feel like if i don't im going to have to go to the ER.

After taking the half a mg i feel shaky and cold? will this dosage taken now relieve my withdrawal symptoms within the hour or will it take time? my normal dosage is 1.5mg. But i have dropped down to 1mg before without much in terms of withdrawals for a few weeks before switching back to 1.5mg.

Thanks

How were the drugs consumed? And do you have any pre existing health conditions? Do you smoke or have you seen n the past? I'd like encourage you to stay well hydrated all day everyday and if you can then spend at least ten minutes in a sauna every day for a week or two to really clear things out:

Cocaine was snorted and speed was snorted. I think the problem was that these wasn't street quality drugs. The speed and cocaine was both from a very good
connection who imports directly from Holland and Colombia. i had also run washes and purified the drugs so i would say the quality of speed was atleast 50% and cocaine around 80-90%. Im also judging the purities from other friends and family who sampled the cocaine. A family member of mine who has used cocaine for nights out for the last 20+ years had a panic attack just off a bump of the cocaine.

I have Asthma and have previously suffered from depersonalization but it passed after around a year.

Yes i am a cigarette smoker :(

See a medical professional and tell him or her everything that you took, and what you posted here. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

If you think you are going through benzo withdrawal go to a hospital. People have died and had seizures from benzo withdrawal, or from attempting to stop using benzos on their own.

See a medical professional and tell him or her everything that you took, and what you posted here. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

If you think you are going through benzo withdrawal go to a hospital. People have died and had seizures from benzo withdrawal, or from attempting to stop using benzos on their own.

I will book a appointment with my doctor and tell her about this and see what they say.

Yes im pretty sure im going through benzo withdrawal but i didn't think it was possible to have a seizure and die from coming off 1.5mg of lorazepam? i thought it was only the higher dosages like 4-6mg or more?

Does anyone know if taking that 0.5mg will stop my withdrawal symptoms? usual dosage is 1.5mg but its been like 48 hours since that dosage and i've only taken 0.5mg in between that.

I would just go to a hospital and get checked out. You posted in your original post about how you doubled your dosage of benzos since you thought that you did not take them, and you posted how you literally feel as though you're dying. Seek medical attention.

Are you OK? Please post an update when you are able to. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Can someone PLEASE help me! i feel like im dying today. I had no lorazepam lastnight and today i feel like im dying.

That's a good sign, you may not have permanent brain damage after-all, that entire brain area was shut down and it's beginning to light up again. Congratulation.

I would just go to a hospital and get checked out. You posted in your original post about how you doubled your dosage of benzos since you thought that you did not take them, and you posted how you literally feel as though you're dying. Seek medical attention.

^THIS!!!!! Between the variety of benzos and the sudden drop plus the spasms you already have I would not wait until an appointment-go to the ER so you are maintained at an adequate level. Alcohol and benzos are the two most fatal withdrawals and it is better to be safe than take the risk! Please go be evaluated and treated immediately and post back here when you get a chance!

Thank you, i appreciate the advice my main problem with going to a hospital is that if i admit using felony quantities of extremely pure drugs i feel that they are going to get police involved. A because most 90% cocaine is next to unheard of on the streets so they are going to be interested in where i got it from. B they are going to wonder how a student had enough money to practically overdose on highly pure cocaine.

Just to point out i do have plenty of people around me so its not like im on my own. So in all honesty im trying to handle this one myself, but i will 100% make a GP appointment to request some scans to see if i did do any damage from my previous drug use.

Yesterday i taken a total of 1mg Lorazepam. 0.5mg in the morning and 0.5mg before bed and today i have woke up and feel a fair bit better than yesterday. No muscle spasms and limited dizziness. I can still feel something is not right (slight disorientation) but i feel that i can successfully say its benzo withdrawal that im feeling, possibly made worse by the fact that im shutdown at the moment from a steroid cycle a couple weeks ago.

I have gone down from 1.5mg at night to 0.5mg twice daily of the Lorazepam and i can still feel it but it seems to be manageable.

What i have noticed is that after my first morning dose 0.5mg i start to feel more disorientated and more dizzy about 12 hours post dosage of the lorazepam. I assume this is because im only taking 0.5mg each time so my body only has 0.25mg after 12 hours is this correct?

I used to take 1.5mg at night in 1 dosage, how should i manage this now guys? i could really do with some advice on this one please, should i take 1mg at night or 0.5mg twice a day? im not too fond of using Lorazepam through the day, i have to be honest because i don't like feeling drowsy through the day (only ever used Lorazepam for sleep at night). But it seems i really should be taking it twice a day due to the low dosage each time?

BP averages between 99/72 and 130/85 with a average pulse of 80-90.

I usually have high BP of around 140/80 with a resting HR of 90-100 so it seems they have dropped considerably (maybe because im off steroid cycle).

Thank you for the advice, i do really appreciate it.

^THIS!!!!! Between the variety of benzos and the sudden drop plus the spasms you already have I would not wait until an appointment-go to the ER so you are maintained at an adequate level. Alcohol and benzos are the two most fatal withdrawals and it is better to be safe than take the risk! Please go be evaluated and treated immediately and post back here when you get a chance!

I've not taken a variety of benzos for 5 months now mate. Its been 5 months since them stupid drug nights and i have not touched cocaine, speed, alcohol or any drugs for the full 5 months. The only drug i have taken has been Lorazepam daily for 9 months or more.

The only thing im really addicted to is Lorazepam, and from what i can see a ER visit can be avoided with a taper off cycle of the Lorazepam. If i should still go to ER please do tell me man and i will do if i absolutely have to go! but as of now im withdrawing from 1.5mg of lorazepam and my body is still getting 1mg. This shouldn't be so dangerous should it mate? VERY unpleasant though! I asked a family member who works in the mental health field and he said that its basically the same thing they would do in a hospital a slow taper off but he said it would be a much slower taper than i have chosen.

Thank you, everyone!

I am also thinking, maybe benzo withdrawal and being completely shutdown from a steroid cycle could be a very bad idea. So i have been contemplating if i should continue my steroid cycle for a few more weeks and do another injection.

Just to point out, im not a irresponsible steroid injector, i have used steroids for years on and off for bodybuilding and overall wellbeing. But it seems having your hormonal system messed up and going through a benzo WD could be a really bad idea.

Thank you, i appreciate the advice my main problem with going to a hospital is that if i admit using felony quantities of extremely pure drugs i feel that they are going to get police involved. A because most 90% cocaine is next to unheard of on the streets so they are going to be interested in where i got it from. B they are going to wonder how a student had enough money to practically overdose on highly pure cocaine.

The doctors in your local ER have seen stranger things, I can guarantee that. You shouldn't worry about the cops if you go to the hospital or a doctor. Medical personnel and facilities are forbidden from sharing your personal medical information to basically *anyone* not involved in your treatment without your permission, except in very specific circumstances. You telling them how much of which drugs you did is very medically relevant to your treatment and this info will remain confidential. The doctors don't need to (and probably don't want to) know how or where you obtained these drugs; if they do ask, just refuse to answer that question.

Benzo withdrawal is nothing to fuck around with, trust me on that. I used clonazepam for maybe 4 months, then slowly reduced my dose over about 6 weeks before having an impromptu seizure and landing myself in the ER while simultaneously scaring the fuck out of my girlfriend. I had random seizures for over a year. This was 5 years ago and I still have a lower 'seizure threshold' than the general public; I have to avoid certain types of drugs (legal and illegal) that have the potential to lower this threshold into dangerous territory.