• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Semax for depression, anxiety and productivity?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I have depression and anxiety and someone in another thread said Semax might help. I'd literally never heard of it before so I looked it up and it seems as though some people do actually use it for depression even though it seems to mainly be prescribed for ADD/ADHD.

Now, I am currently on prozac and Klonopin, though I plan to slowly wean off Klonopin if possible. I also drink coffee, though I'd like to quit or cut down, and like many others I do indulge in a number of other substances at random times from weed to booze, kratom, sometimes phenibut, shrooms, etc. Does Semax negatively interact with any of this, in particular, SSRIs? Does it have any particular negative side effects I should be aware of and is it physically addictive? I'd read that above a certain dose it can increase QT prolongation which I think could probably be very dangerous so I'd definitely keep the dose as low as possible if I tried it.

And for those with anxiety and depression, has it helped at all? What other nootropics or drugs could it be compared to in terms of it's generally feeling? Thanks