Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Selling Legal Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngpadawan

Greenlighter
Hey all, I'm Manuel. This is my first post and I'm not sure if I'm in the right area, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll be brief.

I'm an 18 year old college student finishing up my second year of college (graduated a year early) and I'm at a community college majoring in general studies, hoping to transfer my state's university for an undergrad in Television Cmmunications. I then plan to get my masters in Business Management.

I have a part-time job as a patient transporter at a hospital that started me out at $12/hr, and a full scholarship for up to 15 credits, along with a $500 textbook voucher. I'm the sterotypical college son living in his parent's basement. This is all good, and I'm very thankful. However, I feel that I can do so much more with my life. I'm not content to wait until I am done with college to make this happen, especially after I've read countless stories of college student entrepreneurs who became very successful WHILE they were in college with their creative endeavors.

I am in no way greedy, but I feel as if my potential is busting at the seams, and I'm not at all content with waiting anymore. We live in a day and age in which you cannot wait for "it" (the opportunity) to come knocking at your door; you gotta go get that son of a bitch.

As a business-minded student, I have several business ideas spinning in my head, including raffle ticketing, party promoting, and legal drug selling...legally. Particularly that last one.

My question is, what are yall's thoughts on legal drug selling? Not prescription drugs..that'd be illegal, hon. I'm talking about natural herbs (to smoke), mephedrone, etc. Is it smart? Is it lucrative? Is it ethical? Please post your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

First off, I'm thinking drug related discussions shouldn't be in second opinion.

In any case, I don't see any issue with it so long as what you are doing is actually legal. However, the popularity of legal drugs that you could sell would probably be minimal. Worth a try though some legal drugs can still have fairly potent interactions with other drugs that people could be prescribed. I would just be careful, I'm not too sure the risk is worth the potential reward.

--> NASADD
Mods please move to a more appropriate place if required :)

Selling any powder, or any blend representing a MJ substitute is illegal in the us. Even if you hire a big time lawyer to convince the courts you were selling it as plant food, it is a costly process.

you can still get busted under the analog act if any of the substances you sell have a similar structure or are meant to mimic the effects of a scheduled drug.

the term controlled substance analogue means a substance -

* (i) the chemical structure of which is substantially similar to the chemical structure of a controlled substance in schedule I or II;
* (ii) which has a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I or II; or
* (iii) with respect to a particular person, which such person represents or intends to have a stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I or II.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Analog_Act

more info: http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/analog/analog.shtml

in short, keep searching for a better business plan if you're looking for something smart, ethical, and lucrative.

Yep, if you're selling drugs, legal or not, if it's going to be consumed then it's illegal. This includes selling "dose-size" samples such as small baggies, gelatin capsules etc. Many sellers sell it as "plant food" along with the warning "not for human consumption" to circumvent the law, but like theotherside26 already said, good luck trying to convince the courts you were just selling plant food to all your friends. You won't necessarily be charged for a controlled substance (what you plan on selling is technically still legal), but you probably will get conspiracy to distribute or something along those lines.

you can still get busted under the analog act if any of the substances you sell have a similar structure or are meant to mimic the effects of a scheduled drug.

Neither of which covers any recreationally used synthetic cannabinoids... They aren't structurally similar nor do they have a substantially similar effect to cannabis.

THC isn't even a full agonist at CB1 receptors.

Yep, if you're selling drugs, legal or not, if it's going to be consumed then it's illegal. This includes selling "dose-size" samples such as small baggies, gelatin capsules etc. Many sellers sell it as "plant food" along with the warning "not for human consumption" to circumvent the law, but like theotherside26 already said, good luck trying to convince the courts you were just selling plant food to all your friends. You won't necessarily be charged for a controlled substance (what you plan on selling is technically still legal), but you probably will get conspiracy to distribute or something along those lines.

Conspiracy to distribute what? You can't finish with "a controlled substance"; do you know of a law against conspiracy to distribute anything but controlled substances or unregistered firearms?

Regardless of whether something is legal or illegal, by selling you are still conducting business. Now unless you have a license to do so, it's against the law. It’s against the law to sell a drug, period. This can include exchanging drugs or agreeing or offering to sell drugs. You can also be charged with trafficking if you:

* sell or offer to sell a person a harmless substance they believe is a drug,
* possess a traffickable quantity of drugs. Selling drugs to a friend could be considered trafficking.

It's like selling cigarettes or alcohol. They're both legal products. You own a corner store, licensed to sell either, pay your TAXES, that's ok. Selling from out the trunk of your car is another story.

Amongst all the government sanctions that are absurd, the "War on Drugs" is the most illogical one of them all. The claim about fighting for "our safety" and having to "protect the children" is all BS. The government could care less. Their only concern is about making money, and pleasing the conservatives so that they vote for them during elections.

Regardless of whether something is legal or illegal, by selling you are still conducting business. Now unless you have a license to do so, it's against the law. It’s against the law to sell a drug, period. This can include exchanging drugs or agreeing or offering to sell drugs. You can also be charged with trafficking if you:

* sell or offer to sell a person a harmless substance they believe is a drug,
* possess a traffickable quantity of drugs. Selling drugs to a friend could be considered trafficking.

It's like selling cigarettes or alcohol. They're both legal products. You own a corner store, licensed to sell either, pay your TAXES, that's ok. Selling from out the trunk of your car is another story.

Amongst all the government sanctions that are absurd, the "War on Drugs" is the most illogical one of them all. The claim about fighting for "our safety" and having to "protect the children" is all BS. The government could care less. Their only concern is about making money, and pleasing the conservatives so that they vote for them during elections.

What country are you from? You're completely wrong if you're from North america.

There's no such thing as a license to sell tobacco.

Please link me to some actual statutes that prove you're correct.

Drugs which are not specifically listed as controlled substances are just "chemicals" until someone attempts to have them regulated as drugs by the FDA. There are no licenses or laws controlling the sale of uncontrolled chemical substances. There are no laws which make a chemical a drug just because it has pharmacological activity in humans.

Until you package a chemical in dosage form, it's just raw material and commerce of such things aren't regulated much.

Last edited:
There's no such thing as a license to sell tobacco.

Please link me to some actual statutes that prove you're correct.

I'm too blazed on JWH-018 right now to look for a link, but I know for sure you need a state license to sell liquor or beer depending on local laws. My mom works for a big grocery store chain in the NE and she's told me about how she has to do certain things to makes sure the stores can sell booze. And each state had different regulations and requirements to fulfill. I think it's mostly run by the state or county.

And I remember a local gas station lost their license to sell cigarettes, booze and lottery tickets. I don't know if "lost their license" is the correct term but from what I remember the store wasn't paying taxes or continually sold to minors or something and the place stopped selling all that stuff for several months. The store stayed open it was just almost completely empty...that's why I remember it because it was the closest gas station to where I lived and one day it was just empty. (but I stand to be corrected).

But I think selling JWH's and a few other RC's would be safe. Or at least fairly safe for the time being. It's probably not the best long term business goal but you could easily buy large quantities for cheap and sell them through a website. So long as you don't sell it for human consumption and pay taxes you're probably ok for now. And definitely look up the laws on each specific substance just because you can get some RC doesn't mean it's legal. On a side note I think it's mad funny that you can get all these JWH's and medical marijuana all over the country and the world isn't falling apart. None of that reefer madness shit is going on. but that's completely unrelated to this topic.

legal herbs like mugwort, wormwood and salvia i don't think will be that lucrative because the first two aren't that potent and in regards to salvia alot of people either don't like it and it has a really short duration.

I personally don't think it's worth it trying to sell RC's, i don't think it's very business savvy or smart to be selling a bunch of obscure chemicals to people who may buy some and then sell it off to other people as something else. Problems could arise very easily from that. I don't know about the JWH chemicals but i guarantee the 2c's will fall under the analogue act seeing as 2cb and 2ct7 are already schedule 1.

I'm too blazed on JWH-018 right now to look for a link, but I know for sure you need a state license to sell liquor or beer depending on local laws. My mom works for a big grocery store chain in the NE and she's told me about how she has to do certain things to makes sure the stores can sell booze.

That's alcohol. Tobacco products are also regulated to an extent, but there's no license required to sell them. There are just penalties for violating the laws against selling to minors or penalties for not paying tobacco taxes. There may also be local city/town laws which further restrict the sale of alcohol or tobacco to certain city blocks zoned as commercial, or during certain times, or whatever.

Other than the list of FDA/DEA chemicals, and alcohol and tobacco, every other plant and chemical is legal to play with, even for kids.

That's alcohol. Tobacco products are also regulated to an extent, but there's no license required to sell them. There are just penalties for violating the laws against selling to minors or penalties for not paying tobacco taxes. There may also be local city/town laws which further restrict the sale of alcohol or tobacco to certain city blocks zoned as commercial, or during certain times, or whatever.

Other than the list of FDA/DEA chemicals, and alcohol and tobacco, every other plant and chemical is legal to play with, even for kids.

They may be "legal" but as many others have said it is illegal to sell drugs like rcs for human consumption. People have gotten in trouble with the law for selling oregano as pot. So don't tell me you won't get in a pickle if johnny law happens to find an off-white powder in a baggy or capped in gelcaps.
Don't forget when your dealing with rcs and legal highs you tred into the gray market zone.

They may be "legal" but as many others have said it is illegal to sell drugs like rcs for human consumption. People have gotten in trouble with the law for selling oregano as pot. So don't tell me you won't get in a pickle if johnny law happens to find an off-white powder in a baggy or capped in gelcaps.
Don't forget when your dealing with rcs and legal highs you tred into the gray market zone.

Where did you get the idea that I was talking about selling RCs for human consumption; or having him put things in gelcaps?

It's legal to sell RCs for no express reason, as long as your customer has not expressed interest in human consumption. In the ABSENCE of evidence of criminal behavior, behavior is all legal. They are CHEMICAL RAW MATERIALS. There's no law regulating this. It's like selling someone a jug of distilled methanol or something.

It's all grey as far as the legality of the product you wish to distribute. Meaning it is a case-to-case scenario. As far as the ethics, I see it as the same as an illegal drug. i.e. "Drug" - ": a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body" -m-w.com. In MY opinion, selling a drug is selling a drug, despite the classification by the man.

I know a fella (in Dallas, TX ~ 2001) that was pulled over and an ounce of "legal" buds was found. In this particular case, the officer on duty allowed the fella to continue on his way and the police were going to run tests on the buds an prosecute if necessary. The fella was never contacted.

I've always wondered about ppl selling bzp pills like the transformers and shit, im in canada and as far as I know its still not schedualed here, so would they even get in shit?

People are making millions selling so called suppliments I think its wrong, for people read the label which claims pracitcally miracles and in reallity they do nothing. for example lets take ginko biloba now in large doses it may have some of the effects on the lable, but the manufaturer can put 0.1 nano grams in it and the rest a filler and still its ginko biloba, its like dumping a pint of morphine in an olympic swimming pool and selling it as morphine, I am amazed the law allows this to happen. Yes you can get into a lot of trouble selling macadamia nuts as crack or baby powder as heroin or coke .

Status
Not open for further replies.