• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Selfless Act of the Day

Selfless act? There's not many really, even the most obvious like giving all your weekends disposable income to the local food bank that is running out of food isn't selfless. There's nothing altruistic in that... This actually happened to me at work last week, we gave generously knowing it was a good thing to do.

A truly selfless act has no impact on the giver.

Selfless act? There's not many really, even the most obvious like giving all your weekends disposable income to the local food bank that is running out of food isn't selfless. There's nothing altruistic in that... This actually happened to me at work last week, we gave generously knowing it was a good thing to do.

Never a more trueful n valid post. I was actually thinking about this today, K n even the things I try to make as selfless as possible I am secretly feeling good about it. I really do not feel that I can be truly selfless - I can be selfish n self-centred most of the time. It is difficult to be selfless so I just mean as selfless as possibly can be. On thinking about this, if people aim to try n do something that helps others or another person then I feel it's ok to gain self-forfillment. I guess it's all about learning n experience I guess.

Thanks for your post, k, n your honesty. I enjoy your posts as they give me food for thought <3

Evey

Selfless acts, being selfless, do not need to be spoken about. Doing the right thing towards other people speaks for itself.
As opposed to, say, behaving in a certain way in the hope of improving your chances of something nice happening after you are dead?

Evolutionarily-desirable behaviour -- any act that improves the chances of the survival of the population, even at the possible expense of the individual, triggers a release of "feelgood" chemicals which bear an embarrassing resemblance to certain extracts of the poppy plant, but with "designer drug" modifications that increase their potency by an order of magnitude ..... Reinforcement of beneficial behaviours will be naturally-selected for, whereas reinforcement of detrimental behaviour is obviously going to be naturally-selected against. It can also be shown mathematically that in populations of pack-dwelling predators, co-operative behaviour is most conducive to survival, and any transgressions should be punished swiftly and not excessively.

Empty yer inbox Mrs!

straying into existentialist ontological theory there now.

There's an argument in evolutionary biology/psychology that behaviour which is seemingly altruistic as far as the individual is concerned, is still beneficial to the species as a whole.

basically, don't be a dick and avoid people who act like dicks.

There's an argument in evolutionary biology/psychology that behaviour such as stimmed up masturbation and fruit based sphincter stretching which is seemingly hedonistic as far as the individual is concerned, is still beneficial to the species as a whole.
And just how do we as a species benefit from you analy abusing fruit?

I paid for my concealed carry fee for another 5 years today at the county clerks office and I donated 20 bucks so a poor kid could get a free hunting licence next season. Mainly cause the clerk was real chatty and spoke the program up but w/e. I also donate my time in CE&P a lot to school young minds that nothing in this world is free daily.

I paid for my concealed carry fee for another 5 years today at the county clerks office and I donated 20 bucks so a poor kid could get a free hunting licence next season. Mainly cause the clerk was real chatty and spoke the program up but w/e. I also donate my time in CE&P a lot to school young minds that nothing in this world is free daily.
Nothing in America is free. Not every country follows the every man for himself ethos you guys have. We have free healthcare here in Australia...something that Americans cant seem to comprehend. I am glad i was not born in America.

Nothing in America is free. Not every country follows the every man for himself ethos you guys have. We have free healthcare here in Australia...something that Americans cant seem to comprehend. I am glad i was not born in America.

Mee-owwww =D

Evey

Last edited:

Yep each country is different and I celebrate that fact brother. 2moro I may do habitat for humanity. I told my buddy I would patch dry wall

I have no idea what your post means Evey but tbh that is not unusual.

Sorry. I've a visual impairment which means I'm going to have spelling errors in my text. Would you mock someone with a limp who struggles to walk the same distance as others?

It was meant to say meeee-ow. I was making a joke at your post.

Evey

He wasn't mocking you, he was just saying he didn't understand your post.

I wouldn't mock someone with a limp, but I also wouldn't want them on my relay team ;)

Is 'visual impairment' the politically correct term for illiteracy now? ;) Sorry, but you limped into that one!

I'm off....