• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Selegiline (Eldepryl) with opioids (Codeine)

Is selegiline mixed with opioids safe?

• ☠️Do not mix! Do not die!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 🍻Have fun! Don't blame me if you die, though

• i like trains

• Total voters

SKILL_0x2328;

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I just got my Selegiline - Eldepryl. prescription. I am using 480mg Codeine a day since few years now (opioid tolerance is high).

Can I take selegiline while I am addicted, actively using codeine? I am also on 12.5mg tianeptine.

That's a large dose of codeine, might not behave well with the selegiline. I know codeine and morphine can be used with MAO-A specific MAOIs like nardil due to their relative lack of serotonergic properties, but not sure how well they behave with MAO-B specific inhibitors. Generally speaking, drugs that can be taken with MAO-A specific inhibitors can also be taken with MAO-B specific inhibitors, but there are likely some exceptions (this might be one of them). Either way 480mg of codeine is a good dose (and probably has more potential to interact than an equivalent amount of morphine, ~50mg or so perhaps?).

That's a large dose of codeine, might not behave well with the selegiline. I know codeine and morphine can be used with MAO-A specific MAOIs like nardil due to their relative lack of serotonergic properties, but not sure how well they behave with MAO-B specific inhibitors. Generally speaking, drugs that can be taken with MAO-A specific inhibitors can also be taken with MAO-B specific inhibitors, but there are likely some exceptions. Either way 480mg of codeine is a good dose (and probably has more potential to interact than an equivalent amount of morphine, ~50mg or so perhaps?).
Thank you for the reply!

I agree the dose is high.. however I've been on it for like 5 years now. Besides of anxiolysis, I don't get much of an effect.
Also agree on codeine vs morphine point. Codeine at this dose has definitely much more side effects than the equivalent of morphine.

Well I guess I'll have to find out! Like, really hoping to find out. If I die, I won't get to know lol.
Will post here soon. For the science guys!

EDIT: It's all good. Guess the thread is complete lol.

Last edited: