• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Selegiline Codeine combo

AlexxRed

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Always taking into the account that all poly drug us is a more dangerous exercise just wondering in theory about the following & Selegiline:

Would this MOAI B (5mg daily) if combined with codeine be potentially dangerous? If the dosage of Selegline was over say 10mg daily I would guess that this might be more the case?

I understand that an MOAI A if combined with something like Tramadol (although the same seems to be said re: tramadol and Selegiline??), or other opiates would dangerous due to potential Serotonin Syndrome. On this note would Aurorix fit into this class?

I just wonder here, is it like the warning not to take Pheusdoephdrine or amphetamines derivatives when on SSRI's? In theory being on SSRI then taking something with a meth or amphet base is safe as serotonin release is blocked by the SSRI?

Also what about Selegiline (5mg daily) in regards to bezno's would this also present a dangerous interaction?

I cant see why codeine cant be taken with selegiline or why it would significantly boost it beyond what selegiline is rumored to do for mild opiate potentiation.
The Tramadol warning is most likely due to the fact Tramadol has SSRI and NERI properties. Low doses might be a fun fire to fuck with (dont fuck with fire, especially when your on MAOI's and that fire is an SSRI) but moderate to high doses could eeeeeeaaasily kill you.
The amphetamine warning for SSRI's probably has to do with amphetamines being mild MAOIs? (MAOI-B i thought, but it wouldnt make sense for them not to be MAOI-A's too). Dunno.

I gotta say it man... you dont seem to know much about why the Selegiline you are taking is dangerous and you seem real willing to fuck around with drug combos you really dont understand.... you just might be marked for death. :\

I've taken an amphetamine with an SSRI (actually, a 5-HT/NE reuptake inhibitor at this dose) for years without any issues. Some individuals are more prone to drug interactions (due to decreased liver enzymes and thus increased plasma drug concentrations) than others.

I gotta say it man... you dont seem to know much about why the Selegiline you are taking is dangerous and you seem real willing to fuck around with drug combos you really dont understand.... you just might be marked for death. :\[/QUOTE]

...Marked for death because I asked questions? Thanks a bunch.

I said "wondering in theory". Recently I have had a growing interest in neuropsychopharmacology and am trying to increase my knowledge.

Yes I am interested in Selegiline but I'm not taking it. Nor am I willing to go blindly taking combo's of anything.

I asked about interactions, so that I can understand more.

Last edited:
There isn't interactions between Uptake inhibitors and amphetamines... well there is; they weaken each other (unless they act on mutually exclusive transporters).

There is an interaction between amphetamines and MAOIs (actually just say a guy go to hospital 2 days ago, with IV methamphetamine and Nardil.)

The serotonin - opioids is pretty weak, and SSRIs have a more important action on serotonin clerance than MAOIs....

I couldn't imagine taking codeine with selegiline...I took 50mg hydroxyzine earlier and was nodding so hard. With small dosages though, you should be safe.

Survived: yes. Got pretty bad rhabdomylosis there for a while though, so I was told.

^yyeh, in fact benzos come in handy sometimes when one is doing a selegeline cycle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
What about Selegiline and GHB or 14b? I'd imagine at the very least Selegiline would enhance either. Dangerous combo?

Also if you were on a course of Selegiline and wanted to take an amphetamine based drug what period of time would be considered a 'safe' margin of discontinuation. Or maybe a better/additional question; what factors (such as length of time and amounts?) would you use to make such a calculation?

The standard given "safe" value is 21 days between MAOIs and any other neurotransmitter-active drug, though the actual time will vary dependent upon the drug