• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Seizures

Octavius28115

Greenlighter
I have used benzos most of my 62 year old life and never had any problem until the last 7 years of my use of Xanax I have purchased from Serbia. I have had prescriptions in the past but always tried to get them elsewhere for convenience since I am disabled and use public transportation. 7 years ago after stopping my usage of rather heavy dosage I started having seizures and was hospitalized and given lacosimide by my neurologist. This stopped the seizures and I did not use for over 7 years. I started having anxiety problems again so I ordered some from a European online source and did not have the full blown seizures but what is called an aurora and these were not full blown seizures but the start and were back to back and constant 8 times in a row, I went to a neurologist and he prescribed lacosimide and this stopped them after 8 hours of taking it, I would appreciate any and all information on this I can possibly get.Thank you.

Without knowing your medical history we can only guess.

My guess is that your admittedly heavy and probably intermittent use of alprazolam created a kindling response when your blood levels of Xanax drop. This happens regularly b/c of the short half life of alprazolam.

I would ask for a long action non-triazole-benzo like Clonazepam (60h) or Librium (80-140h).

It seems apparent that you cannot continue using Alprazolam without risking kindled seizures upon mild intraday withdrawals.

If you’re a lifer definitely Klonopin (clonazepam) or diazepam is your best bet. Clonazepam was a miracle for me .. just never withdrawal from it because I felt like I was in outer space hearing trains and sirens all day that weren’t there. And crippling anxiety